• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Multi Cloud DASH Mining Farm

I hope I can beat your roughly guestimate :p
Because these computer costs around $1100 monthy, by your calculations I could´t do more than $ 70 montly?
That would be a huge lost, even counting with unused resources, it is a lot of computational power, for just a few bucks.

If that is correct is completelly unsustainable to do that unless you have free resources and do it for fun.

The gpu mining you mention is way more positive, I make it about 8 dual GPU machines for 1 Dash per day.
Depends how much the coin is worth as well of course.
The ultimate irony of all mining is that its not so profitable when its good to mine (eg low difficulty) but its high profit (on the unspent coins) when the price and diff go up (some users here were mining 1 bitcoin in the early days and no profit and look where that got them!)

I hope I can beat your roughly guestimate :p
Because these computer costs around $1100 monthy, by your calculations I could´t do more than $ 70 montly?
That would be a huge lost, even counting with unused resources, it is a lot of computational power, for just a few bucks.

If that is correct is completelly unsustainable to do that unless you have free resources and do it for fun.

The gpu mining you mention is way more positive, I make it about 8 dual GPU machines for 1 Dash per day.
Depends how much the coin is worth as well of course.
The ultimate irony of all mining is that its not so profitable when its good to mine (eg low difficulty) but its high profit (on the unspent coins) when the price and diff go up (some users here were mining 1 bitcoin per day on 1 graphics card in the early days and no real profit and look where that got them!)

http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/dash-difficulty-chart

Any toughts about Linux vs Windows ?

I´m running the device on Windows Server 2012, going to try another one with Win Server 2008.....
I usually use Windows because is easy to configure, especially graphic card drivers.

But if the linux version got more hash/m it worth a shot...

Thanks.

Any toughts about Linux vs Windows ?

I´m running the device on Windows Server 2012, going to try another one with Win Server 2008.....
I usually use Windows because is easy to configure, especially graphic card drivers.

But if the linux version got more hash/m it worth a shot...

Thanks.

OS is not really relevant... in some odd cases it is because of driver issues, but in general terms it's not. Some OS's let you run 6 cards, other lock out at 5 cards per system. Again, this is AMD info.

It much more about tweaking configs. Even people with the same card but sliiightly different chipset gain significant increase with slight adjustments. It's all about going super geek and tweaking your insanity away :tongue:

Once thing you should really do is google like crazy about mining with those K2 cards, a get other people's input on them. Mind you different algo's will have different settings

watch out for .bin optimizations, it can triple the speed of your GPU miner (doubled my R9 290 speed), someone mentioned a cpu miner that was quicker than the one found at nicehash.com but I never tried it, he did post here somewhere, think it was yakminer or yam miner something, might have been this but I cant see X11 anywhere. let me know if you find quicker.
https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner

watch out for .bin optimizations, it can triple the speed of your GPU miner (doubled my R9 290 speed), someone mentioned a cpu miner that was quicker than the one found at nicehash.com but I never tried it, he did post here somewhere, think it was yakminer or yam miner something, might have been this but I cant see X11 anywhere. let me know if you find quicker.
YAMminer I believe is the one you are referring to YAC is for scrypt jane I think..

https://dashtalk.org/threads/support-for-x11-mining-available-in-yam-m8a-miner.3820/

OS is not really relevant... in some odd cases it is because of driver issues, but in general terms it's not. Some OS's let you run 6 cards, other lock out at 5 cards per system. Again, this is AMD info.

It much more about tweaking configs. Even people with the same card but sliiightly different chipset gain significant increase with slight adjustments. It's all about going super geek and tweaking your insanity away :tongue:

Once thing you should really do is google like crazy about mining with those K2 cards, a get other people's input on them. Mind you different algo's will have different settings

Sticking with windows then :)

I make two new machines but can´t get them to work.... the other one worked with windows server 2012 r2, but these two new ones have windows server 2008 r2 and the miner don´t work at all... If can´t find the cuda drivers.

Need to make work somehow...

I could´t find any bin optimization for CCMINER, only for cgminer and other miners not good for NVIDIA + X11

You know any?

Thanks

YAMminer I believe is the one you are referring to YAC is for scrypt jane I think..

https://dashtalk.org/threads/support-for-x11-mining-available-in-yam-m8a-miner.3820/

Thanks for finding the link, but he does say this ?
(closed source also, so treat with caution)

''yvg1900 said:
yam M8a released, it supports faster X11 CPU mining (reaching up to 1 MH/s on i7 4770 CPUs).

Builds for 32- and 64-bit Windows, Linux and FreeBSD available, as well as 64-bit MacOS X.
Download links can be found in yvg1900 Twitter.''

Going to download the CPU miner soon, never did it before, is easy to config ?

Thanks

Very easy but less fun on the settings, as there is a whole host of graphics settings you can't adjust.
Here is a typical .bat command to put in the folder..

cpuminer-multi-x64 -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://mine.xpool.ca:1131 -u walletaddress -p x
pause

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, thanks for the imputs :)

Mining going well, I´m doing about 45mh/s with 5 computers.

One question about p2pool, I´m using p2pool.crunchpool.com:7903/static/ because is has great ping in relation to the servers (8 ms).

I´m mining for a week, very slow payments coming... they pay in bulk, or it happen everyday? It depends on the pool or is fixed for the entire p2pool?

Thanks

Ok I´m doing something wrong for sure.

Just change the Xpool machine to a p2pool: http://drk.elitter.net:7903/static/
The predicted payout is amount VERY fast, with just one machine, like 100 times faster than in the Crunchpool node....

So there is differences between p2pool nodes in terms of payment ?

For p2pool you need 24h to get right payout rate.
Xpool is the multipool and they change the most profitable coin sell it and buy dash ... and they go on shifts....so you need to wait 2 days as I remember ...

Hello everyone, thanks for the imputs :)

Mining going well, I´m doing about 45mh/s with 5 computers.

One question about p2pool, I´m using p2pool.crunchpool.com:7903/static/ because is has great ping in relation to the servers (8 ms).

I´m mining for a week, very slow payments coming... they pay in bulk, or it happen everyday? It depends on the pool or is fixed for the entire p2pool?

Thanks
I'm not sure if this miner "XuEDEtzdBpgiwGNbdk3qta517iufXZSEv1.Hol" on p2pool.crunchpool.com is yours or not.
If Yes, please remove ".Hol" form username unless you just want to waste your hash rate, you can use same wallet address from multiple machine, IMO.
If No, please ignore me.
PS, I'm not running crunchpool, I just feel sorry seeing precious hash rate go waste.

I'm not sure if this miner "XuEDEtzdBpgiwGNbdk3qta517iufXZSEv1.Hol" on p2pool.crunchpool.com is yours or not.
If Yes, please remove ".Hol" form username unless you just want to waste your hash rate, you can use same wallet address from multiple machine, IMO.
If No, please ignore me.
PS, I'm not running crunchpool, I just feel sorry seeing precious hash rate go waste.

Hello Thelazier, thanks for the tip.
I was that .Hol, but shut it down three days ago, don´t know why is still there.
I was making all kinds of tests, and read somewhere that you can put a .NAME in the end of the wallet so you can have worker differentiation ?
I´m not using that anymore, but it would be useful, I have 6 computers working, it would be a easier way to monitor if I could look the hash creation in the pools and see if any worker is out.
Today I have to sum all the hash to know if all miners are up, if any is down I don´t know which one and have to check out one by one.
The plan is to have 30 computers soon, with 60gpus to be monitored...
Accepting ideas :)

Hello Thelazier, thanks for the tip.
I was that .Hol, but shut it down three days ago, don´t know why is still there.
I was making all kinds of tests, and read somewhere that you can put a .NAME in the end of the wallet so you can have worker differentiation ?
I´m not using that anymore, but it would be useful, I have 6 computers working, it would be a easier way to monitor if I could look the hash creation in the pools and see if any worker is out.
Today I have to sum all the hash to know if all miners are up, if any is down I don´t know which one and have to check out one by one.
The plan is to have 30 computers soon, with 60gpus to be monitored...
Accepting ideas :)
How about create more recipient address from your wallet to use for each worker ?

EDIT: I see your error about running ccminer form sp-hash on another post. Would you mind trying this https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases/download/1.6.4-tpruvot/ccminer-rel1.6.4-vc2013-x86.7z , because I have same error on my notebook and this ccminer can run on mine. :)

How about create more recipient address from your wallet to use for each worker ?

EDIT: I see your error about running ccminer form sp-hash on another post. Would you mind trying this https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases/download/1.6.4-tpruvot/ccminer-rel1.6.4-vc2013-x86.7z , because I have same error on my notebook and this ccminer can run on mine. :)

I didin´t know I could do that.. going to find out how to do it, thanks !!

About the test, the SP-hash ccminer didin´t work, I´m already using the version 1.6.4 that you linked. That one works doing about 8mh/s.

Regards

Back