• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

THE "WAR ON CASH"

TaoOfSatoshi

Hi all!

In my humble opinion, the coming intensification of government's war on cash to facilitate negative interest rates is going to be the single biggest thing driving people to Dash.

Dash offers a store of value, as well as a way to transact out of the view of governments who would seek to devalue our hard earned money. This is a huge draw, and from now on I'm going to hammer this point home on Twitter and in person.

A war on cash is a war on freedom, and Dash is the weapon people can adopt to fight against this war.

Use this thread to post articles, blogs or news about the war on cash, so we can use this angle to spread the word about the solution that is Dash.

Cheers,

Tao

I agree, most important part of this direction - articles (videos, ...) about freedom-cash (digital :wink:) - will be 1000's times more interesting and popular for general public and general (non-crypto) medias.

I have more faith that the value of currencies will grow and fiat will continue to dwindle via inflation. There's a reason the wealthy keep their money in investments and not fiat--if they did, they'd literally lose their holding's value to inflation.

Example - If you had $5 saved as a child, could that $5 buy as much today or less?

Answer
: Less

Invest in Dash and success in the future we will find.

The war on cash... that worries me in this world of doublespeak, a war on terror that's become the biggest promoter of terrorism in history, a war on drugs that's caused a 40 fold increase in opium production, we're on the edge of a war on propaganda that will probably make any view other than the party line an act of treason... a war on cash conjurs up images of so much of the stuff the worlds forests are depleted :/

Dash can have a place but its place is between ways of thinking and unfortunately its on the side that needs a physical representation, paper wallets and coinage. It fits with what money as we know it should be, with Aristotles definition and that's something the stuff we call money today has lost connection with. That raises a bigger question though, what is money? I'd love to paint that question in letters 10 foot high on every billboard because those three little words can destroy a monster that's taken over the world, almost every bank, natural resource, logistics, communications, even our way of thinking. If crypos can get people asking that question then they've succeeded, the stuff we're using simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny but we trust it blindly.

Once that question's asked it sets off an incredible chain of thought bringing the whole concept of value into question, we instinctively know what value is and find money has wormed its way into that instinct and distorted it into something crude and vulgar, we've a middle man in our very thoughts. So far the best I can come up with for a representation of that instinctive understanding of value is cryptos morphing into a grand universal market of anything and everything but there's plenty better minds than mine asking that question and that's what's needed, countless minds working together to answer "what is money?". Dash fills the old roll well, the roll ingrained in our minds that banks built their long since crumbled foundations on and that allows us to move forward.

I concur... We should make a list of issues than can happen, but have not, yet. For example...

If you do any money transfers between your self and another country, you have to go through SWIFT (a U S controlled money transfer system). You have heard how they prevented Iran from transfering money (in or out). Currently, in the U S, if you drive around with more than a couple hundred dollars cash, and get stopped for any reason (or no reason) by police, they may confiscate that cash, and never charge you with a crime.

Now, image if they do that with SWIFT? Or decide to 'tax' wire transfers via SWIFT? Yes, I know Russia and China are making an alternative, but how long before you can use such a thing...

I would prefer to use a method that keeps such transfers invisible. but the result has to be usable, no matter where you live in the world. How to convert DarkCoins in Singapore? or Manila?

AraiBob

Back