• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

Found a few more bitcoin promos/flyers.

Here are the images/text (so we can easily search/find it/refer to them)

Why accept Bitcoin?
- save money - 0% processing fees and no month charges
- new customers - attract a new growing customer base
- integrate easily - use any mobile device to accept payment
- daily settlement - cash payouts to your bank account
- avoid chargeback fraud - payments are irreversible
- protect customers - personal information is never needed
Bringing you the benefits of Bitcoin!
www.bitconsultants.org 503-558-2500
Bit Consultants Opportunities for Empowerment

EHrwTlI.png

and
Spend Bitcoin - a few heavy-hitters
BitcoinStore Galactic gyft bitpremier okcupid namecheap cheapair.com wordpress reddit
bitcoin bigfoot
This flyer you are holding is itself a product of the Bitcoin economy. Bigcoin bigfoot - your source for Bitcoin promotional materials and more. What are you waiting for? Join tomorrow's economy today! This flyer was printed by Mass Appeal Specialties, Inc.
It is time for Plan B
Lesson one: Scan this QR code
Scan this QR CODE on your smartphone and you will be presented with a crash course in Bitcion, but it makes Bitcoin much more convenient if you know how to scan a QR CODE, so download a free QR scanning app by searching the app store or market on your phone now.

QR CODE link: http://goo.gl/PqAOq8 which goes to:

TkpK0ye.jpg

Hope that helps to inspire someone to to DASH-type promotional info/flyers.

Hiya, dasherandprancer :D

Ugh, why is it that people can get your password from a server, isn't it encrypted? I've had my account stolen already once :(

Ugh, why is it that people can get your password from a server, isn't it encrypted? I've had my account stolen already once :(

yep, passwords are encrypted but hackers can use brute force to get the plain password.
The time to get the password using brute force depends on the algorithm used to encrypt the password, the password length, the chars included in the password and the power of the system used to crack.

For example, to brute force a salted password with 6 letters it would take 42 seconds but if you include numbers, it would take almost 5 minutes.
If you increase the password length to 10, it would take 15 years 236 days 9 hours 36 minutes 50 seconds.

source:
http://calc.opensecurityresearch.com/
Keys per second use in the example : Salted SHA

About:
This Brute Force Calculator determines the amount of time it would take to exhaust the keyspace of a particular password given the complexity of the password and the number of keys per second that can be cracked. The keys per second depends on power of the system cracking the password and the algorithm the password is encrypted with. It should be noted that this calculator does not speak to the to the choices users make when choosing passwords. Additionally, for certain algorithms, there are well known methods (e.g. rainbow tables) which greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to exhaust a keyspace. Before relying on these results, its recommended that you attempt to identify if speeder methods exist for the algorithm your targeting. freerainbowtables.com is a good start.

For convienence, a list of popular algorithms along with the number of keys per second has been provided. This list was generated on an 3.4GHz Intel Core i7-2600K, using benchmarks from john the ripper and aircrack-ng (for WPA-PSK). Since computation times varies across systems, the "custom" option is available to allow more realistic results applicable to your environment and the current state of cracking.

There's always a trade off between security and ease-of-use. BCT is towards the right end of the dial.

Back