• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How Dash will be able to dominate cryptocurrency

dutchn0mad

Foundation Member
I came across an interview with the CEO of Myspace in which he explains how Facebook was able to take over social media even though they came in second.

http://www.businessinsider.com/form...ate-social-media-despite-coming-second-2015-5

He said amongst other things:

"Facebook’s killer feature was that it replicated the real world by forcing people to use their real names, whereas MySpace users usedpseudonymous handles"

The whole identity thing doesn't necesarily match with the 'dark side' of dash but would there be a way for the masternodes enable a service to make the whole addressing thing easier to read so that also my mother could use it ;-)

And if not, what do you think is the killer feature of Dash that will allow it to get closer to the same level as acceptance as Bitcoin ?

There are some "address alias" services being developed, like onename.com (example onename.com/raganius). This is indeed a good step towards bringing more acceptance, and could be integrated to our wallets, but of course, must be an optional feature, for the sake of privacy/anonymity.

Coinkite offers 'Nyms'

http://blog.coinkite.com/post/97057447171/nyms-anon-personas-and-payment-pages-for-all

Are we as Dash dependant on 3rd parties like Onename or Coinkite to build a feature like that for Dash, or could it be something that is integrated (as an option for users) in the Dash network.
That would be awesome idea, there is Vanikey product of WastedLTC on which he is working but meaby eduffield UdjinM6 and flare will implement something cool in the code...in future....we can always get someone to do that once the Self-sustainable Decentralized Governance by Blockchain will go live!

And if not, what do you think is the killer feature of Dash that will allow it to get closer to the same level as acceptance as Bitcoin ?

IMHO "killer feature" of Dash is (not for general public directly, but indirectly):
1. It will have dedicated RDM-funds soon.
2. It has group of clever people (MN OPs) to manage this fund most effective way.
3. Dash becomes flexible and quickly adjustable adaptive System.

So as Etherium will supposed to have "Turing- complete programming language", with 1-2-3 Dash will have much more important "killer feature" - "Business-complete language of management" (Shares, Voting, ROI, RDM, tenders, ...) - It may allow Dash to attract best investors, managers and professionals for developing a real "Game Changer".

As for "network effect", I offer (as an example) to setup-sponsor-promote a Competition "Best Song about Dash - 2015". I agree with most arguments "Dash technology isn't ready for mass adoption yet" - but to start using Dash in 2017-2020 people have to start talking about Dash in 2015-2018. So Dash-songs with Millions of youtube views - will help us with this task... Or any other "Dash bucket challenge" with "word of mouth engine"...

But to hire some current Bitcoin developers - is also important. :smile:

Back