• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Best Market

fible1

Dash Core Group
Masternode Owner/Operator
Does anyone have suggestions for where to trade BTC for Dash that isn't cryptsy. I mean to buy quite a bit of coin and I looked at finex and cryptsy and both markets would move considerably if a sizeable buy went up there; they are really iliquid.

Is there like a darkcoin-otc or something?

Looking for advice.

Pablo.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to trade BTC for Dash that isn't cryptsy. I mean to buy quite a bit of coin and I looked at finex and cryptsy and both markets would move considerably if a sizeable buy went up there; they are really iliquid.

Is there like a darkcoin-otc or something?

Looking for advice.

Pablo.
Shapeshift.io, but there are max and min amounts

I actually really like this thing, do you own it (shapeshift.io)?

Or just accept that the price is low compared to what we anticipate for the future. If u want in, get in. Even if u buy at the market price, u are supporting the coin. We can't all be master traders all the time. If u don't get in now the price could move against you. On the other hand u could wait and u might get a better deal.... But how much time do you want to hang around waiting tho?

If u want to participate, then doing nothing is as much as a gamble as diving in right now.

No one can predict the future.

Go with YOUR instinct.

(In my view its best just to get in.)

Good luck with your decision. :)

Hey,
I'm actually heavily into dark, I got in back in the 75 cent days :).

I mostly agree with you in the sense that price should not be the biggest factor for those of us holding the long view (3-6 years), but with very little money you could create a bubble which is not useful to anyone, that's what I'm looking to avoid.

Really happy with the suggestions here and I think my problem is solved.

Side note: A Dash centered exchange is a really good idea right now. Hope someone jumps on that and makes a million bucks.

Pablo.

Shapeshift are really good. Something went wrong with one of my purchases of Dash.... And they refunded my bitcoins to me so I could do the transaction again. I always promised them I would pass on positive feedback to others as a result of this experience, so I feel like I've returned the goodwill to them now.

(Pls note I am just a customer, and I have no other connection or interest in Shapeshift)

:)

I'm actually surprised they aren't more well known, it's a kick ass idea.

Seems to me someone needs to invest in a PR firm to kick it up a notch.

Pablo.

Ha, so u have great forsight if u got in at 75 cents!

But hey, don't worry about trying to 2nd guess the market (no matter what its size). If u create a mini bubble, then others may jump in and cause much greater upward momentum.

Buy buy buy !

;-)

I'm actually surprised they aren't more well known, it's a kick ass idea.

Seems to me someone needs to invest in a PR firm to kick it up a notch.

Pablo.
They did a lot of banner advertising on coinmarketcap.com a couple of months back. Hopefully that helped them, but yeh, their approach is fantastic....

Yeah, they need to invest some PR dollars and get on Coindesk, etc. That would make them explode I think.

It's pretty cool site, really surprised I hadn't heard of it.

Yeah, they need to invest some PR dollars and get on Coindesk, etc. That would make them explode I think.

It's pretty cool site, really surprised I hadn't heard of it.
I have been using shapeshift for around 6 months. I have given up with exchanges and having to wait for orders to fill. When I want something, I want it now.
I highly recommend. I do not have any affiliation with shapeshift

I, too, like http://shapeshift.io - It's too easy. Sometimes it takes a little longer (like a few minutes) than normal, but often times it completes in under 2 minutes. I have no relation with them. I just like them and their service.

You just made me buy another $30.00 of DASH. I am worse than a crack cocaine addict.... *sniff* I may need to contact DASH-a-holics... 'Hi, my name is darkred, and I've been clean for... 2 minutes...'

I, too, like http://shapeshift.io - It's too easy. Sometimes it takes a little longer (like a few minutes) than normal, but often times it completes in under 2 minutes. I have no relation with them. I just like them and their service.

You just made me buy another $30.00 of DASH. I am worse than a crack cocaine addict.... *sniff* I may need to contact DASH-a-holics... 'Hi, my name is darkred, and I've been clean for... 2 minutes...'
Lol

Easiest
ShapeShift.io is hands down the easiest to use. Expect to pay just above market sell rate. If quick transaction without the hassel of creating an account is desired, this is a fair choice--especially if you think the market is movie upward fast. This will get the exchange done faster than trying to transfer BTC to a traditional exchange and then trying to buy. Secure and fast. Trustworthy.​
Best BTC/Dash/USD
Bitfinex.com is my favorite exchange. They do not require account validation unless you desire to deposit and withdraw USD. The market there has less pump/dump whales and is more of an exchange closer to true market value. The market rate here follows closely to Cryptsy's but more stable. The volume here is one of the largest. You can buy/sell in the USD market without validation but that will need to be traded to withdraw without. There are margin options and maker market options allowing margin traders to use your coins as leverage but all secured. Secure site. Trustyworthy​
Altcoin Exchanges Alternative to Cryptsy
  • Poloniex - Large market volume. Best UI. Low fees. Secure. Trustworthy
  • Bittrex - Nice exchange. Volume is not as large. I have had no issues with them but I've heard others have at times had issues. I cannot confirm any of that. I have only had a good experience, but it's just a backup to others for me.
  • C-Cex - Seems okay. I haven't heard anything bad. Have not used them.
I've never loved Cryptsy, but they run the largest exchange and have the most volume. I have not been able to cut ties completely. It's not great in terms of its interface or features, but it generally just works and because of the crowds there, everybody follows. I try to use others as much as possible when things do not need to happen fast.

Good luck. I think Bitfinex might be an interesting one for you to check out. It has true trade and exchange features.

I appreciate the feedback, especially that last post.

Unfortunately Coinbase killed my account (because I volunteered Im not a U.S. citizen, after using them without issue for years), so I had to bite the bullet and wire cash to Bitstamp; still waiting for credit, I'm not entirely comfortable with them but they are top dog right now for higher volume BTC trades. And I'm verified with them so, meh.

After doing all the research Finex looks interesting, but cryptsy is the most liquid. I really don't feel so good about shipping them my money but looks like I will need to bite the bullet here as well.

I'll report back later next week. I'm really not happy with how complex it is to buy Dash in volume and how risky it is in terms of the sites one has to deal with. I'm really waiting for a serious player (coinbase style but global) to jump into Dash.

I think it would be a solid idea for a couple of the larger Dash holders to start a Dash-OTC channel.

Pablo.

I appreciate the feedback, especially that last post.

Unfortunately Coinbase killed my account (because I volunteered Im not a U.S. citizen, after using them without issue for years), so I had to bite the bullet and wire cash to Bitstamp; still waiting for credit, I'm not entirely comfortable with them but they are top dog right now for higher volume BTC trades. And I'm verified with them so, meh.

After doing all the research Finex looks interesting, but cryptsy is the most liquid. I really don't feel so good about shipping them my money but looks like I will need to bite the bullet here as well.

I'll report back later next week. I'm really not happy with how complex it is to buy Dash in volume and how risky it is in terms of the sites one has to deal with. I'm really waiting for a serious player (coinbase style but global) to jump into Dash.

I think it would be a solid idea for a couple of the larger Dash holders to start a Dash-OTC channel.

Pablo.

https://weselldark.com
Not cheap but supposedly very good

I do all localbitcoin and then BTC - Dash on cryptsy

For the beginners:

Just want to report back:

1. I did a test buy on Cryptsy, and it only lets me withdraw like 9 drk at a time, MAX. Really not buying there, that's messed up.
2. Looks like I'm gonna have to go for shapeshift next.

3. This is a serious problem, there are no real "safe" markets to trade Dash, and no OTC channel. I think this is something we need to start talking about now if we ever hope to have main stream adoption.

4. Not that it would do me any good since I got my ass banned but talking to Coinbase about including Dash, or maybe circle; if we could get a real outfit to at least start looking into it, maybe launch a pilot program, that would be extremely helpful.

Pablo.

Back