• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Fork to stop masternode payments

eduffield

Core Developer
Since launching masternode payments the network has kept randomly
forking. We're not exactly sure what is the cause, but to stop this
and restore stability we are going to fork to remove masternode
payments.

This fork will go into effect Tuesday at 19:00 GMT. Sorry for the
short notice, but this is an emergency fork.

Source: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Thanks,

Darkcoin Team

Is this 10.8.9 / 9.4.9? Are the binaries up?

edit: binaries for the qt I mean, I already got my darkcoind on 10.8.9.

Okay, do you need me to actually run a masternode? I'm pooped, but if running a masternode with this version helps stabilize the network, I'll do it :)

@evan, i suggest we do a mass testing on testnet. with at least 5-6 active pools and p2pool and stuff.
In theory everything was looking good but the hardfork showed like nothing really worked as expected.

@evan, i suggest we do a mass testing on testnet. with at least 5-6 active pools and p2pool and stuff.
In theory everything was looking good but the hardfork showed like nothing really worked as expected.
I'm no expert but maybe it was because everybody on testnet, was disciplined and had the latest version. In the real world (mainnet) it's something else : between the laziness, those who don't see the update info and those who purposely want to create havoc ...

darkcoin_logo_140x140.png

DarkCoin Mac OS X Update v0.9.4.11
updated 26 May 2014

More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4585071#msg4585071

lIDQC00.png

Since launching masternode payments the network has kept randomly
forking. We're not exactly sure what is the cause, but to stop this
and restore stability we are going to fork to remove masternode
payments.

This fork will go into effect Tuesday at 19:00 GMT. Sorry for the
short notice, but this is an emergency fork.

Source: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Thanks,

Darkcoin Team

Holy shit Evan... I sent to Mintpal, they had 2 confirmed tx until they locked-out....
Since the tx is on the blockchain unclaimed, am I correct to suppose they're safe once Mintpal re-opens?

I had checked the x-id before, but for some reason Mac QT 0.9.4.6 appends "-000" to it when right-click-copy over the field, has 36 confirms, so when I copied that to the official explorer and was not found, almost had a hear attack...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit Evan... I sent to Mintpal, they had 2 confirmed tx until they locked.... official block explorer confirmed this, and now its not showing up!!
first I sent 0.1 to test, all ok, then I sent a chunck ... same thing! I tested the tx id on the block explorer and tehy were there!
Oh pleeeeease tell me what to do !! i can no longer find the tx in the explorer, it was there before, unclaimed, I saw it before the 2 confirms on Mintpal...
Oh god, please someone prevent me a heart-attack

Mac 0.9.4.6 says 36 confirms and I now check its stuck on
"blocks" : 75156, ... current it 75184

I have 36 confirms on the QT, and Mintpal took forever but eventually had pending with 2 confirms... I am safe right?
WHY then can I not find the tx on the explorer?
First breathe. Ok, once the blockchian gets sorted, there are only two possibilites: #1) the coins are safely in the mintpal wallet, or #2) the coins are safely in your wallet. There is no way to lose them mate, you just have to be patient :)

First breathe. Ok, once the blockchian gets sorted, there are only two possibilites: #1) the coins are safely in the mintpal wallet, or #2) the coins are safely in your wallet. There is no way to lose them mate, you just have to be patient :)

Ah! Glad to read this! Updating to latest wallet on .io then!

Back