• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash code of conduct...

bigrcanada

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hi everyone...its becoming obvious that we...this includes me, need to reevaluate how we represent the brand and currency DASH to the outside world.

It has dawned on me...that we are fueling our own trolls and Fuddsters. I'm sure I've played a part in this as well. What would be great if our Devs' and Foundation Members come up with a code of conduct of sorts, for us foundation members as well as developers.

If we wish to be taken seriously as a glogal world class currency we are going to need to behave as such, yes, including me.

There is no winning in discussing any matters with haters. They will never change. What I have noticed is the exact opposite effect...fueling of the fire.

I'm proposing that we come up with a well laid out, professional response that we bump every few pages and make in rule that we not engage publicly in mud slinging. This seems to hurt our overall image and market perception. A professional response is what is needed. We need not stoop to the level of these buffoons.

Maybe the Core Team and someone like Toknormal can come up with an official statement that we can all use.

EDIT: I believe that we must create an atmosphere for attracting not only new adopters...but bring in new developers that can help in continuously improving our currency. We've seen the potential weaknesses that could happen. Its been very unfortunate to see how our project has been smeared, and we are partly to blame. Also We shouldn't gloat when other coins fail as we are not infallible ourselves. I've always been thought: act, dress and speak to what it is you are trying to attain.

As one of the top Crypto currencies in the world...we should take responsibility to what it is we represent.

Thoughts?

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm proposing that we come up with a well laid out, professional response that we bump every few pages and make in rule that we not engage publicly in mud slinging. This seems to hurt our overall image and market perception. A professional response is what is needed. We need not stoop to the level of these buffoons.

I don't know if this would help...everyone has do decide him/herself how to handle trolls, it's a personal thing.

The by far best approach is doing what I do, I completely ignore them. They talk the talk, we walk the walk.

I don't know if this would help...everyone has do decide him/herself how to handle trolls, it's a personal thing.

The by far best approach is doing what I do, I completely ignore them. They talk the talk, we walk the walk.
I certainly agree with your troll strategy, but in a far bigger picture, in our general conduct with others...The dev level and foundation members should have an expectation of professionalism as it is we that represent the brand. If your Dash coin holder...obviously you have no such expectation. or am I out to lunch?

"at the dev level and foundation member level"

how much attention do we wanna give these trolls
no way

we as the community have to ignore and stop quoting !
these trolls know what they are doing, just ready an article
that did the same to another anon coin community and crashed out their price by spreading chaos in the community !!

"at the dev level and foundation member level"

how much attention do we wanna give these trolls
no way

we as the community have to ignore and stop quoting !
these trolls know what they are doing, just ready an article
that did the same to another anon coin community and crashed out their price by spreading chaos in the community !!
I guess I'm not articulating myself properly... As it seems it's being interpreted that I'm focusing on the trolls. I too couldn't care less about the trolls, but more out of a sense that I feel as a foundation member, I should be mindful that what I say may potentially effect others negatively and that my comments and actions can reflect badly on DASH. That was my angle on this. Sorry for not making that clear.

I'm of the mindset like crowning that I just ignore the trolls, and do the things that I do each day to further Dash. Let the haters hate, and focus on what you can control. For me it's promoting Dash on Twitter, for crowning it's helping with the UI, everyone can help out.

Conversing with trolls is playing into their agenda, and frankly a complete waste of time. Not to mention the fact that our current set of trolls is nothing short of pathetic. If I didn't have an ignore list a mile long, I don't think BCT would be readable.

As far as a PR strategy, I agree with tungfa, don't engage the trolls, and move on. They will wither and die from lack of attention in time. The problem is, not everyone has this discipline. There will always be some who engage them. It's sad.

Sounds like he's saying that the dev's should be held to a higher standard which in my opinion they already do.

As far as foundation members doing the same, that'll never happen. Too many and too diverse.

Sounds like he's saying that the dev's should be held to a higher standard which in my opinion they already do.

As far as foundation members doing the same, that'll never happen. Too many and too diverse.
I suppose your right. Again for clarity...I was not directly commenting on the troll issue.

I was referring to our conduct and presence at meet ups for example or acting as official ambassador roles etc, in the future. Thinking back I think "Code of Conduct" was the wrong term... I certainly agree that our dev team certainly behave in a far higher level then other dev's in this space. You conduct is certainly a model that we all should adhere. By the way, there aren't any foundation member instances that come to mind where there was any overt actions. My thoughts are way into the future...what if this becomes a serious global payment and currency solution...

At the end...maybe we insert a statement reminding all members that their behavior may reflect badly on the community at large.

PS...the logo on the footer below is still Darkcoin :wink:

Back