• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoins to Dashcoins...

pbleak

Hey all,

I've been away and just come back to this change. Meaning the last time I operated a wallet I was using v0.11.1.25-gbdbdbf9-beta

Now I don't quite know what to do here. Safest way to make the transition wallet-wise? I sort of fear I may have missed a boat or two here.

Hi, It's simple:

(...)
Configurations Have Been Moved!

Configurations have been moved from .darkcoin to .dash! You’ll need to do the following when updating your client. First close Darkcoin and backup your data directory.

Windows: %APPDATA%\Darkcoin\
Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/Darkcoin/
Unix/Linux: ~/.darkcoin/

After that rename it to Dash for Windows/Mac, or .dash for linux. Next go open the directory and locate the darkcoin.conf file, rename this to dash.conf.

Next, simply update to the newest Dash client and restart.
(...)

For more details, have a look here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/11-2-dash-release.4515

Hey all,

I've been away and just come back to this change. Meaning the last time I operated a wallet I was using v0.11.1.25-gbdbdbf9-beta

Now I don't quite know what to do here. Safest way to make the transition wallet-wise? I sort of fear I may have missed a boat or two here.
also.... It Is Not dashcoin... it is DASH

Long story short. Install the new wallet and make sure that it uses your old wallet.dat.

please help , i downloaded new dash wallet and follow the guide from website to move my old wallet directly to new dash wallet in (IOS mac) terminal , and now after i loaded my new dash wallet , i don't get my coins and i open my old wallet it gone too my coins.

1st make sure you have the original wallet.dat saved !! (Which had the coins)

In user - application support check if you have a dash folder next to the old DRK

not in favorites / in the picture that is just my set up
(changed it now)

just follow the steps to the Library

HD - users - "username " - library
7kMeJLZ.jpg

Edit:
put a wallet.dat in for you :wink:

Hey all,

Re wallet migration: I'm not tech-minded but would be grateful if Evan or anyone on here could help with a major migration
issue?
(1) I followed the video tutorial for a windows 7 pc as below
(2) I made a back up of my wallet.dat before proceeding
(3) I had previously downloaded the Dash Core wallet
(4) I located the Darkcoin folder in Roaming as directed and changed its name to
Dash. However, it wouldn't change as there was already a Dash folder in Roaming. Following
the wizard I managed to change Darkcoin Folder to Dash.
(5) As directed I opened up the Dash core wallet - no sign of my darkcoins! In fact the Dash core would
not open properly (dialogue box mentioned no genesis blocks etc).
(6) I deleted the empty Dash wallet and downloaded a new one
(7) I went through the video tutorial again. Renamed the Darkcoin folder to Dash, opened the Dash core
wallet, lo and behold no darkcoins or dashcoins!

Could anyone please advise on what went wrong? Thanks in advance

Back