• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

What's the P2Pool URL for testnet? I'm going to try and get a few GPU miners on the network for a couple days. I think the fork was mainly because we have pretty much no mining happening and theirs someone mining with a couple CPU cores on a really old version that keeps forking off.
just manage to put some efforts to make p2pool running on dashd @ 103.13.228.168:17903 , connecting to dashd v11.2.15 from above link. No cosmetic, just works.

Just started solomining on testnet for a couple of days with one GPU. Hope to be on the right fork (reindexed with latest bootstrap).

What's the P2Pool URL for testnet? I'm going to try and get a few GPU miners on the network for a couple days. I think the fork was mainly because we have pretty much no mining happening and theirs someone mining with a couple CPU cores on a really old version that keeps forking off.

This should help, on the new version, v0.11.2.14

upload_2015-3-28_15-45-5.png

MacMiner has X11 algo, but I can't get it to work... No point in CPU mining I guess...

eduffield , when there's no dash.conf at all (which is the default on a new installation) some (Windows) editors don't even start, that's confusing for the end-user.

I propose this fix: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/pull/285
Just so you know, I do have a dash.conf file :) It's named Dash.conf, and seems to work. Could the code indicate dash.conf causing an issue due to first letter?

Can anyone else open their conf file in windows?

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder for any willing GPU miners for AMD graphics cards, use something like this as your sgminer.conf in the sgminer folder.

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://103.13.228.168:17903",
"user" : "your test wallet receiving address",
"pass" : "x"
}
]
"intensity" : "18",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"device" : "0",
"vector" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"gpu-threads" : "1"
}

Can this be a potential issue for Darkcoin as well in the future?

"...Kaspersky researcher Vitaly Kamluk, who is currently on secondment at Interpol, created a proof of concept software, which had the potential to become malware, that could take in information from a hacker-controlled Bitcoin address (the unique identifier of owners of cryptocurrency) and a transaction hash (an encrypted representation of a transaction) over a command line.."

rest of the article: http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasb...-blockchain-pollution-a-criminal-opportunity/

UdjinM6 if you get a sec can you try setting / compiling the following on your Mac dev box?

QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend QWidget {
qproperty-geometry: rect(9 0 421 35);
}

giving the wallet a final once over and noticed that at least on Linux / Windows, the new wallet offsets this header by 1 pixel if the x-value is set to 10 like it is now.

Presently:

sK4KdpT.png

Just so you know, I do have a dash.conf file :) It's named Dash.conf, and seems to work. Could the code indicate dash.conf causing an issue due to first letter?

Can anyone else open their conf file in windows?

On a proper operating system, dash.conf and Dash.conf are 2 completely different files.

On Windows, not.

Please rename it to (lower-case) dash.conf and try again.

Can I have the logs ? And core dumps if you have them: [email protected]
Last night my wallets also continued to fork after a -reindex, but then I deleted peers.dat again, AND also deleted "blocks" and "chainstate", did -reindex again, then the wallets got on the right fork and everything was fine.

Not sure if I should have done it like this but I remember at some point some version not too long ago we had to start deleting both "blocks" and "chainstate" folders to get the wallet back on track, iirc.

Last night my wallets also continued to fork after a -reindex, but then I deleted peers.dat again, AND also deleted "blocks" and "chainstate", did -reindex again, then the wallets got on the right fork and everything was fine.

Not sure if I should have done it like this but I remember at some point some version not too long ago we had to start deleting both "blocks" and "chainstate" folders to get the wallet back on track, iirc.

Can you send me your logs please? I've looked at 12 clients so far and they're all on the same fork, so I don't think we experienced an actual fork. Rather we lost most of our miners and someone mining an older invalid version had more power, so our clients got concerned about it (with good reason). We have a good deal of mining power now, so we should be fine.

UdjinM6 if you get a sec can you try setting / compiling the following on your Mac dev box?

QWidget .QFrame#frameDarksend QWidget {
qproperty-geometry: rect(9 0 421 35);
}

giving the wallet a final once over and noticed that at least on Linux / Windows, the new wallet offsets this header by 1 pixel if the x-value is set to 10 like it is now.

Presently:

sK4KdpT.png
you'll be surprised I guess
http://imgur.com/a/u9zR4
It's 9, 10 and 11...

Can you send me your logs please? I've looked at 12 clients so far and they're all on the same fork, so I don't think we experienced an actual fork. Rather we lost most of our miners and someone mining an older invalid version had more power, so our clients got concerned about it (with good reason). We have a good deal of mining power now, so we should be fine.
Two debug logs from two wallets were sent. DS is working like a charm right now.

Back