• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bad backup practice !! I almost destroyed +1k Dash!

You are right, but for a lot of new users the QT wallet will be the first contact, I suppose.

I would like to see your face and your friend when you saw 1 dash in a wallet :grin:

You should've seen mine. Red as a light and almost puked in embarrassment :rolleyes: ... I never had to resort to a backup, so that sent cold shivers down my spine.

Thanks for the warning, I always thought the 1000 keys would take care of everything although I almost got caught out once when mixing some coins as it happens then as well.
It can be a risky act of altruism trying to turn friends and family into what you think is the next best thing regarding investment, how much we might think we know and understand it, stuff can and will go wrong, my opening line for getting anyone interested in cryptocurrencies is be prepared to lose every last penny invested as a worst possible scenerio! -- But on the other hand you might do very well from it, 2 extremes, lol.

This is pretty messed up

Make copies of the wallet.dat file often and date them as such 20150328dashwallet.dat

You'll never go wrong

Once a month.... Good
Once a week...... Great
Once a day..... Heavy user
After every transaction ...... Completely anal

wow - I thought you knew better

Back