• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

d4fedc2700124ec24c189010

How about this one?

Let's make it simple and readable, bold but not too aggressive. The text have to "fill" the space.. with recognizable letter "D".
My suggestion is ...

Untitled.png

ip_bitcointalk_org.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Evan will there be a runnoff for the 2 winners? or one wins straight up?
One wins straight up. That is why you can choose two logos, so there is some more info into the vote.

2-step voting is indeed mathematically a completely different thing, I would also avoid a run-off.

However, eduffield still has NOT included logo #7 and logo #8 into his first post, that's a problem because a lot of voters will make up their minds here and won't notice that there are additional choices over at the foundation's voting page.

Not good...I know I'm a PITA sometimes, but for a halfway accurate result this should be done ASAP.

(actually the voting should be started again at zero, but I appreciate the fact that some additional candidates where added by public vote after the voting was already started)

2-step voting is indeed mathematically a completely different thing, I would also avoid a run-off.

However, eduffield still has NOT included logo #7 and logo #8 into his first post, that's a problem because a lot of voters will make up their minds here and won't notice that there are additional choices over at the foundation's voting page.

Not good...I know I'm a PITA sometimes, but for a halfway accurate result this should be done ASAP.

(actually the voting should be started again at zero, but I appreciate the fact that some additional candidates where added by public vote after the voting was already started)
You are indeed a PITA sometimes :wink: But you are right! I have edited eduffield post to include those two.

I just voted. Someone may have mentioned this already (haven't had time to read this entire thread) - but the quality of the images we are voting on don't seem that great. They seem fuzzy, small and I feel like I'm not getting the full effect of the design. Is there any way to get better quality of the designs that are up for the second round of voting?

edit* by quality I do not mean how they are designed, or the artist work... I mean the actual image on the actual page we are voting seems to be grainy, fuzzy, hazzy, just not really doing justice for the logos we are voting on.

I just voted. Someone may have mentioned this already (haven't had time to read this entire thread) - but the quality of the images we are voting on don't seem that great. They seem fuzzy, small and I feel like I'm not getting the full effect of the design. Is there any way to get better quality of the designs that are up for the second round of voting?

edit* by quality I do not mean how they are designed, or the artist work... I mean the actual image on the actual page we are voting seems to be grainy, fuzzy, hazzy, just not really doing justice for the logos we are voting on.
You are right, I did a couple of readjustments in the way we were displaying the images because of the changes in the number of contestants. For some reason, when setting up a size that would show only two rows on most displays, some images look fuzzy. This was important with 7 logos because 3+3+1 was a really weird arrangement and I wanted it to be 4+3. With 8 logos I kept it that way, so we had 4+4. I have changed it back to three by line, so we now have 3+3+2, which is not that bad and shows them in a much sharper way. Anyway, you can always click on the images and see them full size.

I too hate to be a pita* but sandwiches aside:what:, the addition of options seems to call for reseting the vote and starting over for fairness.

More importantly to me personally is that I have been unable to log in:mad:. Requests to reset my password have not been received after 24 hours and my email is listed correctly ([email protected]). I filled out the "contact us" form and still no response.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I would hate to miss this opportunity.:sad:

* "Pita or pitta is a soft, slightly leavened flatbread baked from wheat flour. It is used in many Mediterranean, Balkan and Middle Eastern cuisines and resembles other slightly leavened flatbreads such as Iranian nan-e barbari, South Asian flatbreads and Central Asian naan, and pizza crust."

eduffield fernando Minotaur tungfa
I would like to add that in addition to whatever logo we choose, we should have a version that has the term "DIGITAL CASH" underneath, similar to the one in the Darkcoin to Dash animation. That looks really sharp.

We should also have plenty of animations that show that brilliant "C" flip into "D" for Cash to Digital Cash, like on that animation as well.

So, we could have a "full logo" with DIGITAL CASH underneath, a logo with just DASH, and the single letter "D".

It's great to have a variety of official logos depending on the particular application.

Use mouse and click the picture and enjoy big size pic :)

For me it is the war between 1 and 7 mainly. Will we do the finalist battle soon? :D

This one looks the best to me. Clean, simple, sleek, forward moving, without the extra piece of flab at the bottom of the D. I'd love to vote for #6 but this one isn't it.

I actually see ECASH when I look at this one :-D

I too hate to be a pita* but sandwiches aside:what:, the addition of options seems to call for reseting the vote and starting over for fairness.

More importantly to me personally is that I have been unable to log in:mad:. Requests to reset my password have not been received after 24 hours and my email is listed correctly ([email protected]). I filled out the "contact us" form and still no response.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I would hate to miss this opportunity.:sad:

* "Pita or pitta is a soft, slightly leavened flatbread baked from wheat flour. It is used in many Mediterranean, Balkan and Middle Eastern cuisines and resembles other slightly leavened flatbreads such as Iranian nan-e barbari, South Asian flatbreads and Central Asian naan, and pizza crust."
Sorry about that, I don't know what must have happened, but I'll look into it. In the meantime, I have manually reset your password and sent it to you in a PM. Please change it when you log in.

When we'll get the finalist logo, may we try to compare different fonts for it? (different "S" appearance and so on)...

Back