• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

Last time I updated, I am pretty sure I didn't restart the MN, and when I issued masternode debug, it said masternode started successfully. Unless you do that, you get no feedback though.

Back to messing with the wallet, I turned off my masternode so I could try my hand at mixing. I don't think it's starting. I did issue "masternode stop" but maybe I have to do something in the config file... hummm yes, let me try that.... Ok, that worked.

I think all the buttons could use a little more contrast to show that they are being "touched" because, especially the light ones, I can't tell, unless I'm really concentrating on them and looking closely. It's just too faint.

No go with adding a mixing icon unfortunately, the Russian translation wouldn't allow it :wink:

c1rh8pw.png

Some nice tweaks and improvements submitted as a Pull Request a few minutes ago though. Unfortunately I can't accommodate every single request but we'll have plenty more themes where this came from, the key is to get something finished lol. Hope you guys like it :smile:
Drop "авто" pls, I think it still should be ok :smile:

Hey all. In light of my recent losses I'm afraid I'm going to have to terminate the testnet vps instances that I have been running for the last few months. Sorry I can't continue to help, I just can't afford it.

Except you have made yourself known :smile: I've just been lurking for a year lol

• Do I have this right?
I think so :smile:
  • mn2 can be any name/identifier you want
Correct, it's just an alias.
  • Ip address w/ port (is it still 9999? That's what I have???
Port 9999 for mainnet 19999 for testnet.

• MN priv. key. Is this the same key we got from masternode genprivkey? And put in the config file for both remote and local?
Exactly :smile:
  • collateral output transaction id I have absolutely no idea what this would be, could someone explain? Thanks!
Go to debug console and write "masternode outputs". this will display the transaction ID of the collateral and the vout, just copy them :grin:
  • collateral output index Also, no idea what this is??
This is the last number given when typing "masternode outputs", typically "0" or "1".
  • donation address Ok, sounds understandable
:rolleyes:
  • donation percentage are all % available? I mean 1% through 100%?
I don't see why they wouldn't be, but I don't know. :oops:
  • Finally, is this available now, or after this next release? Thanks guys!
Available in latest version which is curently testnet only.

I don't see why not as you're explicitly putting the donation address in the masternode.conf :cool:
I think the question is, could you have multiple "donation addresses" for the same MN? For example, if I have a 20% owner of my MN, could I have 20% go to them, then donate another 3% to a dev project, and then send 10% to an exchange? Or would I only be able to do one of those automatically and the rest manual?

I think the question is, could you have multiple "donation addresses" for the same MN? For example, if I have a 20% owner of my MN, could I have 20% go to them, then donate another 3% to a dev project, and then send 10% to an exchange? Or would I only be able to do one of those automatically and the rest manual?
I don't know the current situation but such a system should be trivial to implement if it isn't already, and there is no reason for it not to be, so I'd say I'm rather confident this will get implemented in the future if it hasn't been already :grin:

Ok, I'm actually playing around with the wallet at the moment, and I don't know if it's because I'm on my laptop with a problematic mouse, but I can't tell if I am copying my receiving address. There is no feedback of any sort. Like a button being pressed. In fact, where it says copy, it doesn't look like a button and when I hover my mouse over either the new or copy "buttons" I don't even get feedback from my arrow turning into a hand, or whatever. Export and Close at least become highlighted when I hover my arrow over them. I think this is a problem.

Note, I pasted into an empty file, and I did copy the account number, so that does indeed work, and I can make a new account number, but again, those two functions give no feedback.

That's a really good point, I hadn't really thought about that part of the user experience. I believe the buttons can carry a special style used only for the "cilck" event, I'll have a look and see if I can slip a small improvement for this into the theme.

I think the Try Mix button was added when DS wasn't fast enough, and if I'm not mistaken, it's a replacement for having to type "darksend auto" on the console to get DS moving. If you've played with DS long enough you will see why they're there. But again, it's only up to Evan to decide.
Maybe if someone can fork multibit wallet for this coin, you can have that wallet with the Send tab open right on the main screen for you (and probably with no DS feature), until then I prefer to see Darksend feature on the Overview/Main screen because that's a more important thing I want to see.

I think the end goal will be that ds+ is stable enough that we shouldn't need any ui button's the help move things along or reset them. That being said I have also found them handy a few times. Eventually we probably won't need them there.

I think the end goal will be that ds+ is stable enough that we shouldn't need any ui button's the help move things along or reset them. That being said I have also found them handy a few times. Eventually we probably won't need them there.
Yup. I think so too. I've seen enough talk of those buttons. I don't think Evan wants to put them there just for fun.

If anyone doesn't like those buttons, feel free to help Evan with the coding if they're so capable, otherwise, just -zappiehole!

******************** 11.2.7 - All Users *********************************

This update is rebranded to Dash, you MUST move .darkcoin to .dash and .darkcoin/darkcoin.conf to .dash/dash.conf.

- Protocol Bump
- Rebranding Darkcoin to Dash. All references to Darkcoin have been replaced with Dash and DRK with DASH.
- Temporary Dash icon while the contest finishes
- Masternode voting system for Dash initiates. Each masternode gets one vote, to vote you can execute "masternode vote yea" or "masternode vote nay". This will be used for making some future decisions regarding the masternode system.
- Disabled Masternode Blinding. This release is slated to go out next week, before March 25 for the switch from Darkcoin to Dash and the Masternode Blinding system still needs some work that will take longer than that. I'm going to disable it for this release and work on it for the next one.
- Many CSS fixes (Snogcel/Crowning)

** Compiling - if you get a 404 try again in a bit

Windows 32bit:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKW-DEV/JOB1/build-145/gitian-win-darkcoin-bin/32/dash-qt.exe

Mac OS X:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/browse/DR...B1/gitian-osx-dash-dist/dash-0.11.2.7-osx.dmg

Linux 32bit:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-149/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/32/dash-qt
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-149/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/32/dashd

Linux 64bit
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-149/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/64/dash-qt
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-149/gitian-linux-dash-bin/bin/64/dashd

Last edited by a moderator:

Windows 32 version runs fine. Place for the available funds is a bit tight:
Dash1.jpg

Shall I fix this or do you want to do this yourself?

Windows 32 version runs fine. Place for the available funds is a bit tight:
View attachment 1191

Shall I fix this or do you want to do this yourself?

Was seeing that as well - I can take care of that, seems that dialing down the font size from 18px to 17px seems resolve it (crowning can you confirm that for Windows?). Sent over a pull request

The Windows 32 version is running smooth as silk and the enhanced GUI is really starting to come together. Darksend Mixing is going well too. The status messages of the Darksend mixing still needs to be renamed to Dash .. i assume thats in the planning.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my Linux box I try "./dashd masternode start" and receive a could not connect to server. On the Windows client for the MN, I performed a MN Start, but the Linux debug.log says 'not in a running state'. What commands are available at ./dashd?
This is my first testnet MN so .....

Back