• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying DarkSend on testnet and I keep getting the message "Incompatible version" from the masternodes. Please advise.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying DarkSend on testnet and I keep getting the message "Incompatible version" from the masternodes. Please advise.

pls check if you downloaded from link at page 12 (v11.2.6),

are you trying to do a Darksend transaction or are you trying to do Darksend mixing ?

Been mixing 1999 DRK 6 rounds for a looong time now. Was at 11% when new version came (it was stuck) then been mixing with newest version ever since and only at 43% atm.
Albeit mixing being a little faster on mainnet this is our biggest problem regarding Dash adoption as an anonymous currency. :oops:

Still getting a couple of these in debug.log:
2015-03-19 22:42:57 dseep - Asking source node for missing entry CTxIn(COutPoint(a965b7a1e5533cfc1caada72899b1f5db83e3b6cb74d61302892ec10f11f2692, 1), scriptSig=)
2015-03-19 22:42:57 ProcessMessages(dsee, 253 bytes): Exception 'CDataStream::read() : end of data' caught, normally caused by a message being shorter than its stated length
2015-03-19 22:42:57 ProcessMessage(dsee, 253 bytes) FAILED

I mixed 10tDRK, 2 rounds which took just over 2 hours. But I did make THREE collateral payments of 0.01 tDRK. Mixing 100 tDRK now, let's see how many collateral payments that takes.

I'm wondering if one of you can help me here. I would like to donate part of my masternode income and I'm reading this: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/v0.11.2.x/doc/masternode_conf.md Which is for multi start configure. I have only single masternodes at the moment, so I want to know if they work the same way? Also, I'd like to know

mn2 127.0.0.3:19999 93WaAb3htPJEV8E9aQcN23Jt97bPex7YvWfgMDTUdWJvzmrMqey aa9f1034d973377a5e733272c3d0eced1de22555ad45d6b24abadff8087948d4 0 7gnwGHt17heGpG9Crfeh4KGpYNFugPhJdh:33

Do I have this right?
mn2 can be any name/identifier you want
Ip address w/ port (is it still 9999? That's what I have???
MN priv. key. Is this the same key we got from masternode genprivkey? And put in the config file for both remote and local?
collateral output transaction id I have absolutely no idea what this would be, could someone explain? Thanks!
collateral output index Also, no idea what this is??
donation address Ok, sounds understandable
donation percentage are all % available? I mean 1% through 100%?

Thanks for explaination (I just was hearing elsewhere that only 0% and 100% were being supported, so I wanted clarification.

Finally, is this available now, or after this next release? Thanks guys!

Oh, I just thought of something, probably the developers thought of it too, LOL, but those donations look like they could go to anything. Would it be possible to set your masternode to donate to the foundation, then to a developer fund, and then, even more useful for individuals, they might be able to set up their own accounts, like kid's college fund or down payment on house fund. It could be like separate savings accounts??? Is that possible?

LOL

I used to feel that way too :D
Except you have made yourself known :smile: I've just been lurking for a year lol
I'm wondering if one of you can help me here. I would like to donate part of my masternode income and I'm reading this: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/v0.11.2.x/doc/masternode_conf.md Which is for multi start configure. I have only single masternodes at the moment, so I want to know if they work the same way? Also, I'd like to know

mn2 127.0.0.3:19999 93WaAb3htPJEV8E9aQcN23Jt97bPex7YvWfgMDTUdWJvzmrMqey aa9f1034d973377a5e733272c3d0eced1de22555ad45d6b24abadff8087948d4 0 7gnwGHt17heGpG9Crfeh4KGpYNFugPhJdh:33

Do I have this right?
mn2 can be any name/identifier you want
Ip address w/ port (is it still 9999? That's what I have???
MN priv. key. Is this the same key we got from masternode genprivkey? And put in the config file for both remote and local?
collateral output transaction id I have absolutely no idea what this would be, could someone explain? Thanks!
collateral output index Also, no idea what this is??
donation address Ok, sounds understandable
donation percentage are all % available? I mean 1% through 100%?

Thanks for explaination (I just was hearing elsewhere that only 0% and 100% were being supported, so I wanted clarification.

Finally, is this available now, or after this next release? Thanks guys!
  • Do I have this right?
I think so :smile:
  • mn2 can be any name/identifier you want
Correct, it's just an alias.
  • Ip address w/ port (is it still 9999? That's what I have???
Port 9999 for mainnet 19999 for testnet.

• MN priv. key. Is this the same key we got from masternode genprivkey? And put in the config file for both remote and local?
Exactly :smile:
  • collateral output transaction id I have absolutely no idea what this would be, could someone explain? Thanks!
Go to debug console and write "masternode outputs". this will display the transaction ID of the collateral and the vout, just copy them :grin:
  • collateral output index Also, no idea what this is??
This is the last number given when typing "masternode outputs", typically "0" or "1".
  • donation address Ok, sounds understandable
:rolleyes:
  • donation percentage are all % available? I mean 1% through 100%?
I don't see why they wouldn't be, but I don't know. :oops:
  • Finally, is this available now, or after this next release? Thanks guys!
Available in latest version which is curently testnet only.
Oh, I just thought of something, probably the developers thought of it too, LOL, but those donations look like they could go to anything. Would it be possible to set your masternode to donate to the foundation, then to a developer fund, and then, even more useful for individuals, they might be able to set up their own accounts, like kid's college fund or down payment on house fund. It could be like separate savings accounts??? Is that possible?
I don't see why not as you're explicitly putting the donation address in the masternode.conf :cool:

No go with adding a mixing icon unfortunately, the Russian translation wouldn't allow it :wink:

c1rh8pw.png

Some nice tweaks and improvements submitted as a Pull Request a few minutes ago though. Unfortunately I can't accommodate every single request but we'll have plenty more themes where this came from, the key is to get something finished lol. Hope you guys like it :smile:

Ok, now I gotta turn on the laptop and get it mixing also....

Thanks Populandum, I'm gonna try that with my testnet masternode :D

Oh, one more question. It probably doesn't matter because I doubt anyone runs a hot wallet masternode, but in testnet, when I shut down the wallet and then update the version, and restart it, do I need to restart the masternode again when it's only been a few minutes? Oh, I just answered my own question! no, I don't! I did masternode debug and it was still running :) Good, that was always a pain in the @$$ to do, LOL I'll leave this here in case it helps someone...

Ok, I'm actually playing around with the wallet at the moment, and I don't know if it's because I'm on my laptop with a problematic mouse, but I can't tell if I am copying my receiving address. There is no feedback of any sort. Like a button being pressed. In fact, where it says copy, it doesn't look like a button and when I hover my mouse over either the new or copy "buttons" I don't even get feedback from my arrow turning into a hand, or whatever. Export and Close at least become highlighted when I hover my arrow over them. I think this is a problem.

Note, I pasted into an empty file, and I did copy the account number, so that does indeed work, and I can make a new account number, but again, those two functions give no feedback.

Oh, one more question. It probably doesn't matter because I doubt anyone runs a hot wallet masternode, but in testnet, when I shut down the wallet and then update the version, and restart it, do I need to restart the masternode again when it's only been a few minutes? Oh, I just answered my own question! no, I don't! I did masternode debug and it was still running :) Good, that was always a pain in the @$$ to do, LOL I'll leave this here in case it helps someone...
I'm only running hot nodes on testnet and I have to issue masternode start every time :smile:
The HotCold setup doesn't require you to though :grin:

Back