• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

Hey guys, thanks for all the great feedback on the UI - yikadee, qwizzie, CODERsp and AjM - I've got all your comments noted and should be able to address most of those items no problem.

Potential window resizing fix: https://github.com/snogcel/darkcoin/commit/243975a610bb1f817ccb3dac967b483b48712a61

UdjinM6 would you mind testing this out for me? I don't have a MacOS testing environment and I'm wary to create a Pull Request without knowing for sure that it fixes the problem. :smile:

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for all the great feedback on the UI - yikadee, qwizzie, CODERsp and AjM - I've got all your comments noted and should be able to address most of those items no problem.

Potential window resizing fix: https://github.com/snogcel/darkcoin/commit/243975a610bb1f817ccb3dac967b483b48712a61

UdjinM6 would you mind testing this out for me? I don't have a MacOS testing environment and I'm wary to create a Pull Request without knowing for sure that it fixes the problem. :smile:
Thanks for looking onto this! However this doesn't help here... I think this might be related to toolbar workaround for Mac https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/pull/239 I'll try to find another approach there.

Bug after restarting wallet! The new graphics disappeared!
upload_2015-3-18_4-57-4-png.1170
This bug is really weird.. I even deleted everything in %appdata%\darkcoin\testnet3, but the new graphics didn't come back..:what:

No problem! Darn, I was hoping that would work. I noticed that by making that change the wallet no longer "sticks" to the lower edge of the screen when first loading up.
tbh it never "sticked" like that to me - it's only oversized for me.. so it might be a good idea to submit your changes too if it helps with smth (and nothing brakes for me with them so far:tongue:)

EDIT: reverted back and, yep, looks like that's some side-effect of that Mac workaround fix :sad: will need another solution...

Last edited by a moderator:
This bug is really weird.. I even deleted everything in %appdata%\darkcoin\testnet3, but the new graphics didn't come back..:what:
I had the same problem. If you're running the windows version, delete Darkcoin-qt Testnet in registry, the new wallet will show up again.

I found another visual bug:
upload_2015-3-18_6-29-13.png

Note that the icon for the payment to test-mn3 is a grey box. This is the icon for "offline".

The Qt settings are stored in the WIndows registry, "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Darkcoin\Darkcoin-Qt" for main-net and "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Darkcoin\Darkcoin-Qt-testnet" for test-net.

The setting for the theme is stored under "theme". It should either say "drkblue" or "trad" (or, if you've never used the new wallet on your computer, just not be there).

What do you see there?

The Qt settings are stored in the WIndows registry, "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Darkcoin\Darkcoin-Qt" for main-net and "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Darkcoin\Darkcoin-Qt-testnet" for test-net.

The setting for the theme is stored under "theme". It should either say "drkblue" or "trad" (or, if you've never used the new wallet on your computer, just not be there).

What do you see there?
theme :/css/drkblue

Should I try changing it to trad?

That's a little leftover from testing I guess...yes, change it to "trad" (without the quotes) and the traditional design should be back.

I'll fix that later.
Deleting the whole "theme" brought back the new design though!

"theme" with value ":/css/drkblue" then got recreated.

Closing wallet and opening it again brought back the old theme as expected.

I guess I will have to delete "theme" from registry every time I reopen wallet for now.. I got no idea what could be causing this, what is the fix you'll apply?

Neither changing the value to ":/css/trad" or "trad" helped.. :confused:

But it still was a bug and I'm testing the fix right now :smile:

I guess I will have to delete "theme" from registry every time I reopen wallet for now.. I got no idea what could be causing this, what is the fix you'll apply?

Changing the theme in the wallet-settings should do the job, no need to edit the registry. The problem only happens when you have never changed the theme settings.

Edit: fixed, see https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/pull/251

Last edited by a moderator:
I fired up 4 mastenodes on testnet now :grin: And trying to mix 2k tDRK 6 rounds :smile:

Testnet is fun! Sending money around like it's nothing :cool:
idk why it took me so long to join you guys, I've been lurking for ages :smile:

My wallet hasn't done anything overnight except getting a "Darksend Create Denomination" fee. It keeps saying "Last Darksend message: Mixing in progress..." but there is no progress.

Back