• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.2.x Testing

******************** 11.2.5 - All Users *********************************

We're starting back up testing!
The client reads masternodes.conf from your network now, so please move masternode.conf to .darkcoin/testnet/

- Masternode Donation Feature (eduffield/Udjin)
- Fixed Masternode Payments
- 100% decentralized Proof-of-service implementation
- Wallet themes / gui redesign (Crowning/Snogcel/Vertoe/Udjin)
- Much faster "Masternode list ranks" (Udjin)
- Network specific masternode.conf (Udjin)
- Masternode blinding trickle improvements (eduffield)

Windows 32bit:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/...38/gitian-win-darkcoin-bin/32/darkcoin-qt.exe

Mac OS X:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/browse/DR...n-osx-darkcoin-dist/darkcoin-0.11.2.5-osx.dmg

Linux 32bit:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/.../gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/32/darkcoin-qt
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/...38/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/32/darkcoind

Linux 64bit:
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/.../gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoin-qt
http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/...38/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind

Bug found

On a VM, the wallet does not re-dimension itself properly. Ok full screen though. Notice the bottom missing info on the QT
Tried maximising, perfect, back to part-screen, re-dimension fails.

Could be a VM thing though...?

ioihOM0.png

Shot-gun!! :grin: lol ... MN count = 1 ...

root@install:~# chmod +x darkcoind
root@install:~# ./darkcoind
Darkcoin server starting
root@install:~# ./darkcoind getinfo
{
"version" : 110205,
"protocolversion" : 70071,
"walletversion" : 61000,
"balance" : 3112.24204020,
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 16983,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 1,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.00638012,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1422877191,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""
}
root@install:~# ./darkcoind masternode start
successfully started masternode
root@install:~# ./darkcoind masternode count
root@install:~#

Wow--the joys of mining early on while the hash is low! Less than five minutes and I just found a 153 DSTBD (Dark Soon to be DASH) nugget!

Hi

I suspect the new layout isn't responsive in terms of dimensions

Is the css included within GitHub? If so, I'll take a lookie

24 and counting!

quick-Fix for the VM window re-dimension issue.

I can't grab the the lower left/right corners at all, they are off screen, can't even see the network tick properly.
When I click maximize, I simply cant grab the corner, I always resize the VM itself.
When not maximised, I can resize sideways, but cant grab the button of the corner.

But here's a fix for, at least, OSx WMware.
Enter fullscreen on the actual VM, grab the corner a little, exit full screen, and QT re-dimensions ok to whatever screen size.

EDIT: Until you switch tabs, then problem persists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have no masternodes and some debug error messages...

upload_2015-3-17_17-56-52.png

and

upload_2015-3-17_17-58-59.png

and

upload_2015-3-17_18-1-0.png

Additional:
deleting entire testnet3 folder and reindexing/updating does NOT help, still getting errors like this,

upload_2015-3-17_18-13-53.png

I have a bit of mixed feelings about the enhanced GUI to be honest, i like the way the wallet gets re-visualized
into a more modern look but at the same time the white background seems to be drowning some function buttons.
Also i would have preferred the outgoing transactions to be in a different color then the ingoing transactions (the arrows that are
being used in the transactions are just a bit to vague for that i think).

I do appreciate all the hard work thats put in here by the way, its just my 2 duffs about it.

qwizzie

24 and counting!

quick-Fix for the VM window re-dimension issue.

I can't grab the the lower left/right corners at all, they are off screen, can't even see the network tick properly.
When I click maximize, I simply cant grab the corner, I always resize the VM itself.
When not maximised, I can resize sideways, but cant grab the button of the corner.

But here's a fix for, at least, OSx WMware.
Enter fullscreen on the actual VM, grab the corner a little, exit full screen, and QT re-dimensions ok to whatever screen size.

EDIT: Until you switch tabs, then problem persists.

Thanks for spotting this, I'll have a look at the UI / CSS files later this evening to see if I can find a fix. A couple questions --

1 - What screen resolution are you using?
2 - Can you clarify if the problem persists on the tab that you've switched to (send/recieve/transactions), or that the problem returns when you switch back to the overview tab but the others are ok?

I have a bit of mixed feelings about the enhanced GUI to be honest, i like the way the wallet gets re-visualized
into a more modern look but at the same time the white background seems to be drowning some function buttons.
Also i would have preferred the outgoing transactions to be in a different color then the ingoing transactions (the arrows that are
being used in the transactions are just a bit to vague for that i think).

I do appreciate all the hard work thats put in here by the way, its just my 2 duffs about it

qwizzie

Probably all going to change anyway, lets see what the branding guys have in store. Functionality first, cosmetics second. The simple fact we have this is awesome!

Thanks for spotting this, I'll have a look at the UI / CSS files later this evening to see if I can find a fix. A couple questions --

1 - What screen resolution are you using?
2 - Can you clarify if the problem persists on the tab that you've switched to (send/recieve/transactions), or that the problem returns when you switch back to the overview tab but the others are ok?

1 - OSx, Retina 2560 x 1600, VM full-screen 1280x800 16:10, no-full-screen it changes depending on screen size I drag. For ex;

aG9hZMG.png

2 - Sure. VM-ware not-full screen. Fire up QT and lower corners are off screen, can't get there with mouse. Enter VM fullscreen mode and exit, and the QT auto-resizes automatically to whatever phreak size window I have going. I resize at will, and am all happy. Until I switch tab. When I switch tab, the lower corner drops below VM screen area, as per my screenshot a few posts back. Enter full-screen-exit ... fixed. Until switching tabs again.

1 - OSx, Retina 2560 x 1600, VM full-screen 1280x800 16:10, no-full-screen it changes depending on screen size I drag. For ex;

Seems to be an OSX thing, I can't reproduce this on Windows 7/8 or different flavours of Linux. Wouldn't be the first time OSX acts a bit different.

Can you reproduce this with the old "traditional" theme?

UdjinM6 uses OSX, so he can most probably track that one down.

I guess you're referring to the "Try Mix" and "Reset" buttons on the "Overview" page? No biggie to make those darker or just add a little frame around them. What would you (and others) prefer?

Also i would have preferred the outgoing transactions to be in a different color then the ingoing transactions (the arrows that are being used in the transactions are just a bit to vague for that i think).

The amount of an outgoing transaction is still red, but it's easy to change the icon also back to red.

I do appreciate all the hard work thats put in here by the way, its just my 2 duffs about it.

qwizzie

No worries, that's what testing is for. The more feedback, the better!

Seems to be an OSX thing, I can't reproduce this on Windows 7/8 or different flavours of Linux. Wouldn't be the first time OSX acts a bit different.

Can you reproduce this with the old "traditional" theme?

UdjinM6 uses OSX, so he can most probably track that one down.

vanilla seems to works fine!

EDIT: Everything working fine, but not so vanilla as vanilla would suggest!
I/O tx arrows are all the theme's blue, but no issues!

I guess you're referring to the "Try Mix" and "Reset" buttons on the "Overview" page? No biggie to make those darker or just add a little frame around them. What would you (and others) prefer?

yes, the Try Mix and Reset buttons and the New & Copy & Delete buttons within the Receiving Adresses & Sending Adresses, a little frame around them would be perfect i think
Maybe also around the buttons in the Setting --> Options tab (perhaps put a few | in there --> Main|Wallet|Network|Window|Display)

The amount of an outgoing transaction is still red, but it's easy to change the icon also back to red.

would love to see that

No worries, that's what testing is for. The more feedback, the better!

Back