• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Edge of space and beyond ! *this is not a to the moon thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceti

Hi Community,

Thought I would open a topic as a bit of an escape from the branding discussion, vis-a-vis re-naming of darkcoin.

What are your thoughts for darkcoin beyond the next 12 months and how might we inspire and sow the seed (inception style
grin.gif
) to those of influence and those of us that dream of what the world maybe like in 5, 10 or 20 years from now?

A couple of thoughts I posted on bitcointalk, I will re-surface here. Yes a bit of marketing but also seeking to inspire.

MN in space- demo of the DRK distributed architecture.
  • Balloon with raspberry MN strapped to it, doing it's thing from the edge of space.
  • I think you can purchase a 'balloon flight' with a payload.
  • A project from 2012 as an example.

Elon Musk - Give Elon a nudge and see if he would entertain a discussion:
  • Is crypto the technology to help underpin a new economy for a Mars colony?
  • Skills and barter would be important for an off world economy, but consider what the DRK architecture brings to the table for the 'new world'
  • Remember in some ways a colony would be dealing with time and not distance. So latency in communications and decentralisation is important for any communications architecture and services running on top.
For bonus points:
  • Can Tesla take DRK payments?
    grin.gif
  • Perhaps also SpaceX to take payments in DRK for launch services.
    grin.gif
    grin.gif
  • Any room on a Dragon capsule for a MN?
    grin.gif
    grin.gif
    grin.gif

So, crazy out there thoughts?
What are your dreams, big picture/long term thoughts?
Do we take a shot at something like this?

Update, no URL link in the original as have made enough posts.

Search for rasberry pi edge of space - PIE1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back