• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

There is a lot of trolling happening in BCT - use the moderate link?

darkred

There is a lot of trolling happening in BCT - use the moderate link in the bottom right hand corner of the posting. If enough of us post something like this, "This user continually trolls the forums. Can you ban the user?" it might reduce the amount of garbage that goes into dealing with the troll.

Is that a bad idea?

I don't mind criticism and disagreements. However, I do find it draining to deal with the same dribble over and over and over again.

I am specifically referring to a Mr. White and a Mr. Harold.

Any other ideas (other than to try to ignore them or really use the 'ignore' option)?

I'm not on BCT but I do read it and yes... it seems there's an organized attack on DRK by the XMR shills right now. In the past there were other trolls attacking Darkcoin that would go on for months, so this is nothing new. This is why we have this site with moderated forums. I am so glad Evan does not lower himself down to these attackers' level, and he'd rather spend his time making Darkcoin a better coin. Also, I was told Evan would rather not make BCT a moderated forum and he welcomes criticism, a better man he is.

I agree with moli - there is nothing new in it. And actually they are even helping us a little by constantly bumping thread there :grin:

The only thing I bother reporting is spam.

Ironically, the trolls don't really bother me. I just make effective use of the "Ignore" button and it's all good. It's those who can't seem to help but take the bait, dragging it out and filling up the thread with responses to the trolls that annoy me. I know they're well-intentioned, but unfortunately I think they just make it worse.

The only thing that bugs me is that their user account gets lots of posts and they get better user status trolling and spamming.

I try to not make meaningless posts and hate people that makes 30 posts in 2 hours trolling or spreading FUD.

Regards.

PD. Probably Hero member status is overvalued in BCT.

Back