• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK iPhone wallet?

darkred

Anyone working on a DRK iPhone wallet? If so, any ETA?

It seems like the utility of DRK is limited without it.

I think after more than 13 months of darkcoin, there is nobody privacy-concerned user really interested in sending anonymous founds to such a spy-device.

I wouldnt mind to see an iPhone app, but I'm not surprised that didnt happen yet.

...I would be happy to use my spy device for drk some day :tongue:
to be honest, reading IT news the last months I get more and more the feeling there is no more really secure device or OS... it seems just more or less infiltrated.

If drk should go more mainstream one day (verteo I know, its not your first prio) mobile wallets are a must have.

...I would be happy to use my spy device for drk some day :tongue:
to be honest, reading IT news the last months I get more and more the feeling there is no more really secure device or OS... it seems just more or less infiltrated.

If drk should go more mainstream one day (verteo I know, its not your first prio) mobile wallets are a must have.

Agree on this, to go mainstream it might be easy to be able to use your mobile , not everyone has to send stuff anonymous :wink:

I really tried to find somebody since forever
(as i am a Mac / iPhone guy) and I see my Android buddies with their swanky DRK Wallets and MN Apps,
but iPhone OS really seem to be hard.
Outsourcing is way too expensive (and not feasible)
this really has to come from a Community Member !!!
and i am still on the look out !

Anybody out there ??
:rolleyes:

(as i am a Mac / iPhone guy) and I see my Android buddies with their swanky DRK Wallets and MN Apps,

Anybody out there ??
It is also risky because you don't know if you Apple will approve. They have started allowing BTC wallets recently and they could consider that DRK is bad. That would leave the app only for jailbroken devices, which are a minority.

Why would Apple consider a DRK wallet bad? DRK is just another crypto currency. Without a wallet that can be used on a phone, DRK will not be able to grow/expand. But, we've seen them fickle before.

vertoe had a post that mentioned breadwallet. Breadwallet http://app.breadwallet.com/ The source is here: https://github.com/voisine/breadwallet . Has the darkcoin community ever put up a bounty for work? If so, would there be a way to do a trial "escrow"-type of arrangement for something like this?

Another option is to convince Hive to add another crypto to their BTC/LTC offering.

Are there any web-based DRK wallets? If so, we could use that short-term.

I, too, really want a DRK wallet for iPhone. In reality, I know of no where that would take my DRK even if I had it as an available option. Imagine pulling a Morgan Spurlock asking if retailers accept DRK in the retail shops.

But, we have to start somewhere.

If there are no IOS wallets, we lose approximately 12% of the smart phone market. (see http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp for stats)

quote, "iOS continues to drop in market share, down to just 11.7% from 12.8% in the same quarter last year, representing the growing shift of demand toward low-cost smartphones."

Anybody out there ??
Did you miss what vertoe said in 2 posts up?
http://programming-motherfucker.com/become.html
:grin:

Why would Apple consider a DRK wallet bad? DRK is just another crypto currency.
I absolutely agree that it would not make any sense, but they did consider BTC bad until recently. DRK is digital cash, but we can't ignore that there is certain negative connotation to anon and some ignorant people still say that anon is just for criminals. I consider Apple more conservative than anyone in this kind of things, so that is why I'm worried that they may not approve the wallet. The other path you suggest, introducing drk into another wallet already there, seems less risky to me.

I absolutely agree that it would not make any sense, but they did consider BTC bad until recently. DRK is digital cash, but we can't ignore that there is certain negative connotation to anon and some ignorant people still say that anon is just for criminals. I consider Apple more conservative than anyone in this kind of things, so that is why I'm worried that they may not approve the wallet. The other path you suggest, introducing drk into another wallet already there, seems less risky to me.

i agree with your points,
but we still need an iPhone Wallet !
:wink:
(maybe not now, as very expensive)
but in the long run we definitely do !

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news.

I use Hive on the iPhone. It has support for BTC and LTC. I reached out to them and asked if they could add DRK. Here's their response, "We can't add any more tokens ourselves -- our resources are tight as it is. But you can add it yourself and send us a pull request. We'll add it in if you promise to support it!"

Note: They refer to each coin as a 'token'.

This solution:
a) is a quick path to success as it would be added to an app that Apple has already approved
b) there is a framework to add another coin
c) will not solve the 'I want to be as anon as possible'

I think this is the repo: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-ios

Got it running in emulator:
git clone [email protected]:hivewallet/hive-ios.git
cd hive-ios
npm install
cp dev.config.sample dev.config

Note: This next one gave an error:
source dev.config && npm run ios-emulator
No big deal. I can start it manually.
cd ./cordova/platforms/ios/
open .

Double click on Hive.xcodeproj
Run it in the simulator... and you get this:
iOS Simulator Screen Shot Feb 22, 2015, 7.28.19 AM.png

Good news.

I use Hive on the iPhone. It has support for BTC and LTC. I reached out to them and asked if they could add DRK. Here's their response, "We can't add any more tokens ourselves -- our resources are tight as it is. But you can add it yourself and send us a pull request. We'll add it in if you promise to support it!"

Note: They refer to each coin as a 'token'.

This solution:
a) is a quick path to success as it would be added to an app that Apple has already approved
b) there is a framework to add another coin
c) will not solve the 'I want to be as anon as possible'

I think this is the repo: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-ios
That's interesting. To make it easier it doesn't require objective-c knowledge since it using javascript. Some nice technologies there. Reactive, requirejs. Hmm. I might take a bit more of an in depth look when I finish my current project.

Back