• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pity party for my BTER bitcoins

Lord Of The Internet

I got royally screwed the other night.

I had just transferred 40 bitcoins to bter for trading the day before they got hacked. I could not get my coins in time. : (

They're as good as gone, right?

i know i read that BTER is in full cooperation with law enforcement. So yeah they will track them down, these are bitcoins not darkcoins. Plus they made a statement that they were going to make sure to take care of everyone, they must have been insured, probably an inside job.

I got royally screwed the other night.

I had just transferred 40 bitcoins to bter for trading the day before they got hacked. I could not get my coins in time. : (

They're as good as gone, right?

Nothing is gone !
Relax and hope for the best
Even in the bad MintPal days, people had 'windows' where they could get their coins back,
nothing is done yet, and i still believe (as I am always thinking positive) that Bter will come back in full !
Fingers crossed
:wink:

Gox - people did not get their BTC back.
Mintpal - people did not get their BTC back.
Bter - people will miraculously get their coins back? I doubt it.

It looks like stealing in crypto is a best way to get rich without consequences. They stole 18k from bitstamp and I can't see anyone in jail for this.
And yes, I lost at Mintpal.
They will most likely allow to withdraw altcoins.

meaby one day even mtogx will pay me out ;)
TBH I know how you feel Lord, shitty enough, but I don`t know if you have a proverb in US that "What won`t kill you, will strengthen you".

meaby one day even mtogx will pay me out ;)
TBH I know how you feel Lord, shitty enough, but I don`t know if you have a proverb in US that "What won`t kill you, will strengthen you".

Then I will certainly be VERY strong after this hack and my upcoming "vacation".

I'm laughing and crying at the same time. I need to put down the bottle of whiskey.

Then I will certainly be VERY strong after this hack and my upcoming "vacation".

I'm laughing and crying at the same time. I need to put down the bottle of whiskey.
Sorry about that, could happened to anyone no matter how careful, hope it gets sorted. Think we're all in agreement here, that the quicker instantX gets implemented with the exchanges the better although that wouldn't have helped with bitcoin transfers of course. Maybe exchanges are doomed in the long run and everything will be done on wallets via p2p ..

Back