• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mac Wallet Version ... how to "-upgradewallet"

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Idiot Mac Question # 460

I am trying this:
That's how you do this:
Open "Tools" -> "Debug console" and type "getinfo". Look for the field "walletversion" and if it doesn't match 61000 please do upgrade your wallet by running it once with -upgradewallet command-line option. Do not forget to close your wallet first and make sure you have the most recent backup available just in case.

My Wallet is showing me 60001
so i have to do the command line ?!

How do i close wallet and run it in debug Window ?
I run that in Terminal or what ?
How ? What is the line I use there ?

tx
In case i hear what to do,
I have to run that with every wallet (.dat file) i have ??
:what:

In Terminal

/Applications/Darkcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Darkcoin-Qt -upgradewallet

Tx oblox
and UdjinM6 i am leaning !!!
:wink:

Edit:
had to run with will all of mine, everybody was on 60001 !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man, I was looking for the answer to the same questions like a headless chicken :grin:

Could you also post how to do upgrade wallet in windows as well. I think we do it in windows cmd? What is the exact code that I need to type? :D

Thanks man, I was looking for the answer to the same questions like a headless chicken :grin:

Could you also post how to do upgrade wallet in windows as well. I think we do it in windows cmd? What is the exact code that I need to type? :D

hey man
happy this helped
for PC same code (I just do not know where to put it)
hold on

UdjinM6 can you please tell us nobs how to do it on windows
tx

of moli

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody explain, why we should upgrade the wallet? Is this important for later release?

This information will be very important for people who have backups or cold storage solutions...

Well you want the new implications (code) to work, no ?!
InstantX, Darksend, All Languages,....
So you have to update your wallet

darkcoin-0.11.1.19-osx

Well you want the new implications (code) to work, no ?!
InstantX, Darksend, All Languages,....
So you have to update your wallet

darkcoin-0.11.1.19-osx
ok, this make sense. But can I upgrade a 60001 wallet in half a year or only now?

Can anybody explain, why we should upgrade the wallet? Is this important for later release?

This information will be very important for people who have backups or cold storage solutions...
ok, this make sense. But can I upgrade a 60001 wallet in half a year or only now?

You could have some issues and crashes with pre 61000 on this and later releases
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-0-darkcoin-core-release.3601/page-37#post-39944

Back