• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Stammtisch at the Room 77? (Kreuzberg, Berlin)

GreyGhost

Foundation Member
Es tut mir leid, ladies and gentlemen of German Darkcoin subforum, aber ich spreche kein Deutsch (I am in Berlin for less than two weeks), but vertoe and the great initiative, the Darkcoin Ambassador Group made me think.

Bitcoin has its meetups all over the world. Darkcoin is hard to find anywhere. Why don't we meet up, discuss all the great things Darkcoin might be able to achieve, face that dreaded face-to-face and see how we could spread the world, off line, on-line, anywhere, everywhere?

A great suggestion for such a meetup was the ROOM77, "the restaurant at the end of capitalism" (as we know it, I daresay) might be the right place? The bar owner, Jörg Platzer, a bitcoin evangelist, represents the very population we need, if not to convert them to Darkcoin, at least to made them aware of something different, something emerging from the quiet buzzing of thousands of Masternodes, yes, of the Darkcoin that is today what Bitcoin should have been several years ago... :smile:

But all that aside, it would be great to meet and share ideas, no? The real life has, I was told, an amazing resolution. What say you guys?

Es tut mir leid, ladies and gentlemen of German Darkcoin subforum, aber ich spreche kein Deutsch (I am in Berlin for less than two weeks), but vertoe and the great initiative, the Darkcoin Ambassador Group made me think.

Bitcoin has its meetups all over the world. Darkcoin is hard to find anywhere. Why don't we meet up, discuss all the great things Darkcoin might be able to achieve, face that dreaded face-to-face and see how we could spread the world, off line, on-line, anywhere, everywhere?

A great suggestion for such a meetup was the ROOM77, "the restaurant at the end of capitalism" (as we know it, I daresay) might be the right place? The bar owner, Jörg Platzer, a bitcoin evangelist, represents the very population we need, if not to convert them to Darkcoin, at least to made them aware of something different, something emerging from the quiet buzzing of thousands of Masternodes, yes, of the Darkcoin that is today what Bitcoin should have been several years ago... :smile:

But all that aside, it would be great to meet and share ideas, no? The real life has, I was told, an amazing resolution. What say you guys?

Great, GreyGhost , love your spirit this is the kind of thing we want to push with the Ambassador Group, thanks for taking the lead. I am working hard to launch the Ambassador group with all volunteers to date very soon. We might talk about this in one of our first meetings.

great idea , great location !

next time I am in Germany i will definately check on dates with you to make sure I am in time for a meet up
:wink:

great news but in the totally Wong thread
I will as props for a philippino section in international !!

Thanks for guidance.

My main point, poorly made, was to encourage the German Meetup by providing an example.

Good luck with your German effort. Meetups are a good way to spread the news. Notice also that the meetup site has all of the components for a good blog, e.g. Members, Sponsors, Photos, Pages, Discussins, etc. and good suite of tools.

You will note that we are calling our meetup a Digital Currency meetup, not Darkcoin or Bitcoin. I wanted to cast as wide a net as possible for our first meetups. My medium term goal is to preach the Gospel of Darkcoin to all that we attract. But, I do not want to preach only to the choir.

I am confidant that Darkcoin and its derivatives has a great future and want us to reach out to as many people as possible.

Good conversation.

Now we need some German girls and guys to join us. I am a foreigner here (as everywhere) so one of my options was to get a lasso and catch a candidate or two, but than, Germany is such a civilized country that I hoped this forum will get us some attention. I know vertoe
is in Berlin but she, as a core developer hardly needs a meetup promoting the Darkcoin she's creating :smile:

But, you guys (tungfa, flare, vertoe) are German, right, so perhaps you could help us spreading the word?

Good conversation.

Now we need some German girls and guys to join us. I am a foreigner here (as everywhere) so one of my options was to get a lasso and catch a candidate or two, but than, Germany is such a civilized country that I hoped this forum will get us some attention. I know vertoe
is in Berlin but she, as a core developer hardly needs a meetup promoting the Darkcoin she's creating :smile:

But, you guys (tungfa, flare, vertoe) are German, right, so perhaps you could help us spreading the word?

I am
but i live abroad a long long time (and never lived in Berlin)
sorry
when i come through i would definitely stop by
but nothing planned yet !

Back