• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0 - Darkcoin Core Release

Well... 25% of the blocks are not paying masternodes so this is not helping neither.
I think Evan is waiting for Masternodes to update to turn the old switch back on? If everyone were on Core now, this wouldn't be happening, right?

Your point? We are at block 209746. Those are hardcoded block hashes.

I am talking about an enforment switch for v11 like there was in v10.
It was announced that ALL this "spork" was removed in v11.

/opt/darkcoind/0.11/darkcoind-0.11.0.13 getcheckpoint
error: {"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"}

How can we therefore wait for an enforcement switch when now the only way would be to get a hard fork.

Again, I would gladly be proven wrong but a commit with past block hashes is not the way...

Explain why:
- All blocks by XxDotRpSDzgyAkx3jHkLZD8YYZRwbcjmmA are unpaid? Those represent 20% of the last 24h blocks it is not just one or two...
- Why are some blocks accepted but payed at 20% (for ex: XnLWES5Ka19CZwAngKCF7Ey9vikF6Aj978)

Those are deliberatly wrong blocks and they are accepted by the network.

Your point? We are at block 209746. Those are hardcoded block hashes.

I am talking about an enforment switch for v11 like there was in v10.
It was announced that ALL this "spork" was removed in v11.

My point, from BCT message https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10228824#msg10228824:

Code:
eduffield

Re: [ANN][DRK] Darkcoin | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW and Darksend | Instant TX
January 21, 2015, 03:23:30 PM

The network has updated to v11 (about 95% of the miners) and enforcement is back on! Everything looks good

That's worrying, I saw that note about enforcement being on too (just forgot where I saw it), and I've not had a payment since the 18th... Something is up, although I can't blame people for opting out of paying if they can get away with it, I can't endorse it as a MN Op.

My point, from BCT message https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10228824#msg10228824:

Code:
eduffield

Re: [ANN][DRK] Darkcoin | First Anonymous Coin | Inventor of X11, DGW and Darksend | Instant TX
January 21, 2015, 03:23:30 PM

The network has updated to v11 (about 95% of the miners) and enforcement is back on! Everything looks good

If enforcement is on since 21/01/2015, explain my 2 points. This was for last 24 hours.

If I read correctly, that means enforcement DO NOT work and miners can do whatever they please (as 3 or 4 of the not-Darkcoin friendly of them seem to have understood).

Another unimportant feature that was untested on testnet.

If enforcement is on since 21/01/2015, explain my 2 points. This was for last 24 hours.

If I read correctly, that means enforcement DO NOT work and miners can do whatever they please (as 3 or 4 of the not-Darkcoin friendly of them seem to have understood).

Another unimportant feature that was untested on testnet.
I dont know if enforcement is ON or OFF, but looks like there is enforcement code in v11.

Enforcement is still off while the majority updates (has to be close for turning back on but Evan is still looking for fragmentation on the network). It was on briefly before the fork happened.

Enforcement is still off while the majority updates (has to be close for turning back on but Evan is still looking for fragmentation on the network). It was on briefly before the fork happened.

Then why does the block template indicates it is ON?

Code:
  "masternode_payments" : true,
  "enforce_masternode_payments" : true
}

Then why does the block template indicates it is ON?

Code:
  "masternode_payments" : true,
  "enforce_masternode_payments" : true
}

It's hardcoded at the moment but not reflective of whether or not "enforcement" is on. Confusing, I know.

So there is an enforcement feature but no way to tell if it is on or off?

Sorry but sounds very dubious to me...

Masternode wallet does not say "masternode" on it anymore? :confused: or i did something wrong

I'm pretty certain Evan gave an answer to the enforcement question on BCT, but their Porcelain Platters are too delicate to allow search right now. It wasn't a particularly detailed answer though if I recall. 'Undocumented features' might have been in there.

Not to offend anyone but just because Evan says something exist, does not make it less dubious...

How is enforcing going to work if there is no way to tell the node to enforce payment?
And if there is a way, how?

Last but not least, they keep saying (Evan first) that the code is now completely decentralized, if there is such a reference node that indicates if enforcement if on or off then we are not decentralized. Don't get me wrong, I know we can't have spork without a central server telling if we are enforcing or not but the mixed signals are really uncool...

Back