• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0 - Darkcoin Core Release

Installing v.110013.....

upload_2015-1-23_18-5-41.png

I just cleared out my stock pile of vintage darkcoin versions here. Maybe they will be worth something one day lol.

Wow this has to be a record for updates. I have never seen any developer be able to issue out so many updates just in a week!

Uh, 6 versions in a week isn't necessarily a good thing... must be 5 minutes a day of pure hell for those unable to automate stuff... :tongue:

Hopefully v13 will behave itself, and Evan can get on with IX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cleared out my stock pile of vintage darkcoin versions here. Maybe they will be worth something one day lol.
I've still got an xcoin miner and most updates scattered around. Computer scientists in Universities will study the genesis of cryptocurrencies in their history lessons in years to come. What only a few Dev's understand now will become the norm in the future.

I've still got an xcoin miner and most updates scattered around. Computer scientists in Universities will study the genesis of cryptocurrencies in their history lessons in years to come. What only a few Dev's understand now will become the norm in the future.

it would be like having the first edition of Unix in executable format! Only the manuals exist of it.

Ugh! I have filesystem OCD, anything I haven't touched in a while gets deleted, or occasionally consigned to my pile-of-old-shit tarball if I absolutely can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Took about 46 minutes for the full blockchain to update, I don't know any other coin that updates that quickly, am going to time a few of them and see how they compare..

Some stats from bitinfocharts:-

Darkcoin blockchain size = 0.5715 GigaBytes
Days since genesis block=370 days
Average Rate of growth for blockchain per day=1.5 MegaBytes/day

quarkcoin block size = 2.4 GigaBytes
days since genesis block = 550 days
average rate of growth for blockchain per day = 4.3 MegaBytes/day

litecoin blockchain size = 3.99 GigaBytes
days since genesis block = 1201 days
average rate of growth for blockchain per day = 3.3 MegaBytes/day

dogecoin blockchain size = 8.49 GigaBytes
days since genesis block = 412 days
average rate of growth for blockchain per day = 20 MegaBytes/day

bitcoin blockchain size = 34.3 GigaBytes
days since genesis block = 2205 days
average rate of growth for blockchain = 15 MegaBytes/day

Took about 46 minutes for the full blockchain to update, I don't know any other coin that updates that quickly, am going to time a few of them and see how they compare..

Some stats from bitinfocharts:-

Darkcoin blockchain size = 0.5715 GigaBytes
quarkcoin block size = 2.4 GigaBytes
litecoin blockchain size = 3.99 GigaBytes
dogecoin blockchain size = 8.49 GigaBytes
bitcoin blockchain size = 34.3 GigaBytes

Not really a fair metric. Anyone care to divide by nº of days since genesis block?

Ubuntu user here. Just last week I installed my first ever Darkcoin wallet. I found a youtube vid that helped me install the wallet as an extension in chrome. Now that the Darkcoin Core is available and mandatory... I can't seem to update the extension. This is the error code I keep getting:

Failed to load extension from: ~/Downloads/darkcoin-0.11.0.13-linux/src/darkcoin-0.11.0
Manifest file is missing or unreadable.

Does the core wallet not work as an extension in chrome?
I've never used Qt before... but maybe one of you can tell what I'm doing wrong.

Anybody else having denominations get stuck as unconfirmed. They don't make it into a block unless I restart the wallet...

Some of my masternodes are sticking at certian blocks, then later saying miners not agreeing with network. All my masternodes have been updated to the latest version, and im still having this issue. Ive tried restarting, reinstalling darkcoind, etc, it doesnt change. Any reason as to why this is happening?

Back