• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0 - Darkcoin Core Release

11.0.10 Core - All Users

Source: https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin
Windows .exe: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.10-win.zip
Mac OSX: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/d...in-binaries/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.10-osx.dmg
Linux: https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/darkcoin-0.11.0.10-linux.tar.gz

Darksend users please update and remix your coins to try this and improve your anonymity

Nearly perfect darksend (https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/commit/bbd869589cb08945680627d60c5c091cbd2e8208).

- Found the collateral issue that's been causing users to get charged when they shouldn't be. Now collateral should be charged in about 1 in 40 sessions.
- Improvements to DS anonymity - no change will ever be returned to a user in a pool.
- DS Anonymity improvements for smaller wallets (will have a positive effect on all wallets though)
- DS should also be much faster at mixing
- EXACT DS anonymitizing amounts are now supported (UdjinM6)
- There's a known issue anonymizing small amounts of DRK, try larger amounts if you have any problem (UdjinM6 is working on this)

Performance improvements

- Found the top 5 reasons why performance is suffering for the Darkcoin client and fixed them. Now performance should be similiar to Darkcoil unless you're running Darksend mixing (DS is intensive on the CPU)

InstantX

- I'm officially moving onto finishing implementation of InstantX, expect more great things in the near future :grin:

You have made me very happy on this day! You are a super guy, and a huge contributor. Thank you so much, you're helping make it easy to get people into the Dark!

Thank you UdjinM6 and Evan.

For me, this is one of the most anticipated changes to Darksend since... ever :)

Aswan, just so you know, you also got some DarkcoinOrg and Darkcoin Chameleon #DarkLove on Twitter just now!

Keep tearing it apart, man! You're making us stronger.

Hats off to you and the quick responding Dev team!

Now, back to updating, AGAIN. :grin:

On the website (www.darkcoin.io) the image left of the text "Darkcoin Core (11.0.10) Release Now Available" links to the very first Onyx release instead of this topic..

KalsCq5.jpg

Other then that, updating! :D

- Improvements to DS anonymity - no change will ever be returned to a user in a pool.
- EXACT DS anonymitizing amounts are now supported (UdjinM6)

This doesn't seem to work. I just started up a new wallet, put some coins in, and the denomination Tx still denominates into non-exact DS amounts.

This doesn't seem to work. I just started up a new wallet, put some coins in, and the denomination Tx still denominates into non-exact DS amounts.

Do a getinfo and make sure it says 110010. If that doesn't work, can you give me all of the transaction IDs in the new wallet? It definitely shouldn't be possible

11.0.10 Core - All Users

Still seeing the same slowdowns on a win-qt wallet with about 200 sending/receiving addresses and 7500 transactions.

Good news is --litemode removes the ui-sluggishness completely.
note: the sluggishness without the flag occurred even with DS not running/started.

Do a getinfo and make sure it says 110010. If that doesn't work, can you give me all of the transaction IDs in the new wallet? It definitely shouldn't be possible

{
"version" : 110010,
"protocolversion" : 70053,
"walletversion" : 61000,
"balance" : Yes, I have some coins ! :D
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 206450,
"timeoffset" : 3,
"connections" : 10,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 4588.24182457,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1421760611,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""
}

I just love how active this community is. It's exciting to be in it at such a (relatively) early stage. :grin:

InstantX

- I'm officially moving onto finishing implementation of InstantX, expect more great things in the near future :grin:
*empties bank account in anticipation of price increase* :wink:

{
"version" : 110010,
"protocolversion" : 70053,
"walletversion" : 61000,
"balance" : Yes, I have some coins ! :D
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 206450,
"timeoffset" : 3,
"connections" : 10,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 4588.24182457,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1421760611,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""
}

Ah, I misread your original statement. By exact amounts, I meant if you ask for 1000DRK, the new algo will give you 1000 DRK of denoms to anonymize.

Still seeing the same slowdowns on a win-qt wallet with about 200 sending/receiving addresses and 7500 transactions.

Good news is --litemode removes the ui-sluggishness completely.
note: the sluggishness without the flag occurred even with DS not running/started.

64bit or 32 bit windows wallet ? 32bit windows wallet doesnt seem to have sluggishness.. so far i can tell

edit : never mind .. during sync my 32 bit now also shows sluggishness .. specially when it has problems syncing

Ah, I misread your original statement. By exact amounts, I meant if you ask for 1000DRK, the new algo will give you 1000 DRK of denoms to anonymize.

Oh... I thought you meant that instead of 10.00000001 DRK as a denomination, we now have 10 DRK as a denomination =/
This is definitely not one of my most anticipated features then :)

Oh... I thought you meant that instead of 10.00000001 DRK as a denomination, we now have 10 DRK as a denomination =/
This is definitely not one of my most anticipated features then :)

Ah, I just read your post about convertibility (missed it somehow). However, I did implement a fix to the issue you describe in 11.0.10, as it was a known issue. The solution is that if you submit 1DRK x 10, you'll get back 1DRK x 10 back with no change. Beyond that, I've added a lot of random noise so each of those outputs will be used randomly (not all at once) to improve anonymity.

Anyway, I like your idea. I might throw that together before InstantX while I'm in DS mode.

The denomination amounts are reserved though, which is why they have the extra satoshi added to them. What about this:

0.1DRK+1
1.0DRK+10
10.0DRK+100
100.0DRK+1000

Each could be converted still, without having to use such common values.

Back