• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else having trouble with the windows-qt 64 client? On my PC (win8 64 i5 8GB SSD) it pegs one CPU core and becomes unresponsive while trying to update blocks. I have deleted the whole testnet3 subdirectory and tried fresh install, everything goes great until about "11 weeks behind" then kind of craps out.

I think I might be asking the wrong question about MN's. After I wget the darkcoind, I feel like I'm just a few commands away from starting the daemon, but the next commands don't work from onetime's tutorial. Anyone have a few lines to help? If there are enough testnet MN's, let me know & I'll just give up on it.

su gg
cd ~
mkdir ~/darkcoin
cd ~/darkcoin
wget http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-86/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind
.....?
Which command exactly is not working? Also. it should be mkdir .darkcoin, cd .darkcoin... note the dot beforehand.

If you have downloaded darkcoind like this...
Code:
root@crouton6:~/.darkcoin# wget http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-86/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind
--2015-01-03 12:17:03--  http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-86/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind
Resolving bamboo.darkcoin.qa (bamboo.darkcoin.qa)... 5.45.101.232
Connecting to bamboo.darkcoin.qa (bamboo.darkcoin.qa)|5.45.101.232|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 8107312 (7.7M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘darkcoind’

100%[================================================================================================>] 8,107,312  1.86MB/s  in 5.4s   

2015-01-03 12:17:08 (1.44 MB/s) - ‘darkcoind’ saved [8107312/8107312]
... then do:
Code:
chmod 755 darkcoind
./darkcoind
...to start the daemon. How you then start the MN depends on whether you are running a hot or cold/remote setuip.

anyone else having trouble with the windows-qt 64 client? On my PC (win8 64 i5 8GB SSD) it pegs one CPU core and becomes unresponsive while trying to update blocks. I have deleted the whole testnet3 subdirectory and tried fresh install, everything goes great until about "11 weeks behind" then kind of craps out.

Vertoe warned us to only use the windows 64bit on testnet and with extreme caution as its rather untested yet.
Try to run the 32bit and see if it makes a difference (i'm using it and it runs fine)

edit : for those interested, running 32bit programs on a 64bit windows system is perfectly fine, it just limits the RAM memory use somewhat
(i think it can only use up to 3.5 GB or 4 GB of RAM memory .. not more).

Last edited by a moderator:
Which command exactly is not working? Also. it should be mkdir .darkcoin, cd .darkcoin... note the dot beforehand.

If you have downloaded darkcoind like this...
Code:
root@crouton6:~/.darkcoin# wget http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-86/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind
--2015-01-03 12:17:03--  http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-86/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind
Resolving bamboo.darkcoin.qa (bamboo.darkcoin.qa)... 5.45.101.232
Connecting to bamboo.darkcoin.qa (bamboo.darkcoin.qa)|5.45.101.232|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 8107312 (7.7M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘darkcoind’

100%[================================================================================================>] 8,107,312  1.86MB/s  in 5.4s  

2015-01-03 12:17:08 (1.44 MB/s) - ‘darkcoind’ saved [8107312/8107312]
... then do:
Code:
chmod 755 darkcoind
./darkcoind
...to start the daemon. How you then start the MN depends on whether you are running a hot or cold/remote setuip.

It worked! I'm doing local/remote setup

Vertoe warned us to only use the windows 64bit on testnet and with extreme caution as its rather untested yet.
Try to run the 32bit and see if it makes a difference (i'm using it and it runs fine)

Thanks - the 32bit version is working fine!

Go to Settings > Options > Main and set the number of script threads to a negative value and tell me if this fixes the unresponsible wallet behaviour.

If it does not, we have to make evan to enforce stricter threading rules on darksend-blockchain-scanning. eduffield maybe have a look at this thread thingy option, would be good to have control about how many resources the wallet is using in a correct way. (this was by the way an issue in v10 too, and we should fix this prior public release of v11.)

I warned you to run any version of the client only on testnet and with extreme caution.

lets go back before this gets out of hand :

my quote
Windows 64bit binary works, thanks Flare

yr quote:
ONLY USE THIS FOR TESTNET. this is still very unstable!

my quote :

yr quote :

I warned you to run any version of the client only on testnet and with extreme caution

i''m not sure why i'm getting this response .. but whatever.

lets go back before this gets out of hand :

my quote

yr quote:

my quote :

yr quote :

Because the way you worded the sentence, it sounds like vertoe made the warning on windows 64bit version ONLY and not any of the other versions.
Also you like to say "yr" but it can be confusing at times if people aren't familiar to your "yr". :p

Because the way you worded the sentence, it sounds like vertoe made the warning on windows 64bit version ONLY and not any of the other versions.
Also you like to say "yr" but it can be confusing at times if people aren't familiar to your "yr". :p

Does this mean both windows 32bit and 64bit are still very unstable ? That doesnt make sense, we have been testing the 32bit windows binaries for ages
here on Testnet. I honestly thought Vertoe specifically ment the windows 64bit edition since that was a new binary, we were already working with
32 bit windows binaries for some time.

edit : and yes i know that all these test binaries are only ment for testing on Testnet, they always were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean both windows 32bit and 64bit are still very unstable ? That doesnt make sense, we have been testing the 32bit windows binaries for ages
here on Testnet. I honestly thought Vertoe specifically ment the windows 64bit edition since that was a new binary, we were already working with
32 bit windows editions for some time.

edit : and yes i know that all these test binaries are only ment for testing on Testnet, they always were.
I'm not sure about the 64bit as I've been testing only the 32bit on a poor, unstable computer for third world users (the US...lol.. jk but it's true I'm testing on an old, unstable windows) and yes the 32bit wallet is working fine so far.

Sorry for all the confusion, I never wanted to tell "you" (qwizzie) what to do, but "you" (guys out there testing stuff)... sorry for quoting you all along, initially I must have misclicked your post, because it's obviously not related.

Sorry for all the confusion, I never wanted to tell "you" (qwizzie) what to do, but "you" (guys out there testing stuff)... sorry for quoting you all along, initially I must have misclicked your post, because it's obviously not related.

pfff, i feel relieved now. thanks for clearing that up.

32 bit windows binaries for some time.

there is technically no interesting difference between 64 and 32 bit, the code base is the same.

and no, we didnt test these binaries for ages, we just started 2 days ago. please take some time and read the release notes, this client is a complete different code base and a lot of stuff can go wrong (with any version of the client). :)

I'm not sure about the 64bit as I've been testing only the 32bit on a poor, unstable computer for third world users (the US...lol.. jk but it's true I'm testing on an old, unstable windows) and yes the 32bit wallet is working fine so far.
Win7 64 is working fine for me

Is there any other language than english where ''you'' means ''you'' and ''you'' haha:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back