• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Home Theatre / Media Player / TV / Logitech Harmony Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition75

Hey,

I'm in need of some advice.

Running Windows 8.1 on my Media Player with XBMC. I've also got a HD Homerun TV tuner.

Windows Media Centre is awesome for TV Tuning, it works flawlessly but is a pile of crap for watching content such as mkv and mp4 files.

XBMC is awesome for the mkv and mp4 content but is a pile of crap for watching TV through.

Anyone got any suggestions for media software that you can do it all through?

NERO as in the software I used 15 years ago for copying CD's?

Nowadays NERO is quite good for multi-media stuff, but it installs a shitload of drivers deep down the operating system and changes a lot of things in the registry, what I a) don't like in general, and b) renders sometimes other programs (and sometimes even your OS) useless.

I use Mplayer, and in rare cases where it doesn't fit VLC.
Whenever something has FFmpeg under its belly it plays almost everything.

OK, I managed to get the MediaPortal TV Tuner plugin working OK within KODI (XBMC).

They have upped their game quite a bit recently, I remember about 18 months ago trying to get MythTV, NextPVR and MediaPortal TV tuning working in XBMC and not having any joy what so ever.

I tried just then and it took about 30 mins to get everything working perfectly with MediaPortal TV server, very impressed.

Thanks for the suggestions all...

:smile:

I am using a Linux DVB-S receiver with Enigma-GUI. Dream and VU+ are the top producers for that.

Before I had the VDR (Video Disk Recorder) running on a computer with DVB-S PCI card. It got mplayer-plugin and lots more, awesome software. Its based on Linux: http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Plugins

there are ready-to-use distros for vdr you can try out without much work!
I had a dual boot machine and was playing with a Linux Distro of XBMC, done by HTPC I think, it was a few years ago. Very clean and ran things nice and smooth...

Hey,

I'm in need of some advice.

Running Windows 8.1 on my Media Player with XBMC. I've also got a HD Homerun TV tuner.

Windows Media Centre is awesome for TV Tuning, it works flawlessly but is a pile of crap for watching content such as mkv and mp4 files.

XBMC is awesome for the mkv and mp4 content but is a pile of crap for watching TV through.

Anyone got any suggestions for media software that you can do it all through?
ll

xbmc does it all, with LiveTV and homerun to tune channels
different homerun tuners models but i think they r all compatible to xbmc/kodi

ll

xbmc does it all, with LiveTV and homerun to tune channels
different homerun tuners models but i think they r all compatible to xbmc/kodi

Thanks Brother, Myth was on the list to try, I got it going first time with MediaPortal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back