• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Update DarkCoin Wallet

fileto

Hi guys, I am wondering how to update my wallet? Do i simply delete it and download the newer version? I am afraid that if i do that my coins will be lost and if that"s not the right way, hot to do it? Since you it"s not an installation file.

If you have another computer, you can send your coins to the new wallet on there. Or an exchange website wallet address.
or
take out the wallet.dat from the darkcoin wallet folder, rename it, and move it to desktop temporarily.
delete the old wallet, download the new wallet and change the new empty wallet.dat with the older renamed wallet.dat.

{Edit} : you can just delete your wallet and download the new one. when you open the new wallet your coins will be there and old addresses too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using windows you will be ok just replacing the exe file. As danielelis points, your coins are in the wallet.dat file (located at c:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/DarkCoin). Your wallet.dat file is the key to everything, so you should backup it frequently. I usually do a backup of the wallet.dat file before updating, replace the exe file and check that everything works fine (it always has) and then store the backup somewhere else.

What happens if you send from regular wallet.
(v0.9.3.3)
to wallet with darksend?
(v0.10.7.3)

And vice versa.
You can't. Because only v0.10.x.y (RC) can use darksend ar the moment.

The other way won't work either, I think. AFAIK both sides need to be able to use darksend. But please correct me if I'm wrong. That's how I understood it.

You can't. Because only v0.10.x.y (RC) can use darksend ar the moment.

The other way won't work either, I think. AFAIK both sides need to be able to use darksend. But please correct me if I'm wrong. That's how I understood it.

So what is (v.09.3.3) for?

What happens if you send from regular wallet.
(v0.9.3.3)
to wallet with darksend?
(v0.10.7.3)

And vice versa.
You can't send from 0.9.x using darksend as it is not opensource yet.
But the other direction will work. Only the sender needs the 0.10.x wallet version.

yeah, all regular transactions work the same. Only DarkSend needs a capable wallet.

Back