• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Your first gaming console and game?

Ignition75

Atari 2600 and my first game was Street Racer, as a 5 year old I thought I had died and gone to heaven :smile:

atari_26001.png

NES_Super_Mario.png

NES! Came with Mario / Duck Hunt - I also seem to recall Excite Bike was pretty freakin awesome

Atari 2600 and my first game was Street Racer, as a 5 year old I thought I had died and gone to heaven :smile:

atari_26001.png
I would say the atari 2600 was the first authentic looking games console I ever owned -I played way too many games of space invaders and asteroids but my first unit was a grandstand, and pong was one of its better ones:rolleyes:
Grandstand-FairchildChannelF.jpg

I would say the atari 2600 was the first authentic looking games console I ever owned -I played way too many games of space invaders and asteroids but my first unit was a grandstand, and pong was one of its better ones:rolleyes:
Grandstand-FairchildChannelF.jpg
Look at all that hardware for 1 single dedicated monochrome game...

Look at all that hardware for 1 single dedicated monochrome game...
multiple dedicated monochrome games if you don't mind, but they all looked a bit like pongee I'll admit. I believe Grandstand was the very first cartridge based games console and it even had an analogue joystick to boot, what more could any 7 year kid want?! lol.

atari_26001.png
Same one here. My games were Pac Man and Space Invaders. I really liked Pac Man, but I fucking loved Space Invaders.

Colecovision for me! Coleco is an abbreviation of Connecticut Leather Company. It still works and I've got a complete set of games for it. My nephews love playing donkey kong on it.

Coleco-taetpaa.JPG

LOL what a piece of history ;) I`ve even forgot how some of them looked like :)

Well, the first console I got was the SNES from my uncle but it was broken so he gave me a Nintendo 64!
And my first game was Super Mario 64. I struggled at completeing the levels because I couldn't read the signs so I ended up trading it with my friend's Toy Story 2 (after a few months of trying).
I think my uncle had 41 stars and I accidentially deleted the save (I couldn't read). I never could get back up to 41 stars. : /

I really liked Toy Story back then and still do. But Now that I can read it is much easier to play SM64.

It's really nice how you can play those games on an emulator now. It brings back many memories. I find that I am much better at SM64 now that I can read. :)

a133.jpg

Toy Story 2

Super_Mario_64.jpg

Super Mario 64

I don't know if you guys are interested, but theres an awesome Fan Remake being made of Super Mario 64!

Here's the facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/sm64fanremake

Last edited by a moderator:
Back