• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably should start from scratch. I don't think it is even good idea to make the new Wallet UI look similar to the DRKLord's work unless he open-sourced it. To be honest, I am not buying the argument that DRKlord's leaving is related to his health issues. If he has left because of some disagreement with the core team then avoiding his half-finished work would free us from future legal complications on the grounds of copy-right violation etc. Hope I am wrong but somebody has to consider the worst case scenario.
I agree it's generally not a good idea to take over a non-finalised work, especially since DRKLord's didn't think someone else would want to work on it, but on a legal point of view, if he's put his code on GitHub, he's basically allowed anyone to fork his repo.

It's not certain there ever was any code, but you can give the official QT wallet a paintjob without touching c++

For example, it's hard to make it uglier than it already is, but five of your Earth minutes in QT Designer produced this horror:
image.png

All the forms, icons etc. are in the source directory, haven't found the parent window layout yet but then I haven't looked too hard. Just change what you want and do a quick qmake/ make...

It's not certain there ever was any code, but you can give the official QT wallet a paintjob without touching c++

For example, it's hard to make it uglier than it already is, but five of your Earth minutes in QT Designer produced this horror:
image.png

All the forms, icons etc. are in the source directory, haven't found the parent window layout yet but then I haven't looked too hard. Just change what you want and do a quick qmake/ make...
lonecrouton, I think you just demonstrated to our community that your artistic skills make you the man we need for the UI redesign.

lonecrouton, I think you just demonstrated to our community that your artistic skills make you the man we need for the UI redesign.
Careful now, I might decide to spend more time on this, and the gods themselves would weep from bleeding eyeballs... :tongue:

Point I was making - as long as you're not transposing widgets from one form to another, anyone can transplant the artwork (a lot of which has been done IIRC) and fiddle with the colour scheme and layout, without needing to reprogram anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am talking with teamer as he might have found somebody to get this project rolling again,
if somebody in the community is able to this, please let me know and we do NOT have to outsource this !!!

i am talking with teamer as he might have found somebody to get this project rolling again,
if somebody in the community is able to this, please let me know and we do NOT have to outsource this !!!
I am also actively looking for Devs through the DTPI...

image.png

LOL, you're almost as funny as I am! :tongue:

Say, what's the status on DRKLord pls? Is he doing ok?

WELL HOWDY FOLKS!

My name is Solace, and I'm interested in doing a skin redesign. I was linked here from Reddit when I asked the question. This project appears to have started in July, is still active, but has no results - is this correct? Are there any good designs with PSD's out there to make use of already?

WELL HOWDY FOLKS!

My name is Solace, and I'm interested in doing a skin redesign. I was linked here from Reddit when I asked the question. This project appears to have started in July, is still active, but has no results - is this correct? Are there any good designs with PSD's out there to make use of already?

raze is your man. Welcome aboard!

WELL HOWDY FOLKS!

You'll want to contact Minotaur. He should have the work that's already been done on the designs.

WELL HOWDY FOLKS!

hey man
i send you a message regarding your question .... tx for reaching out ...>>

Crossposting from BCT:

Tried to imagine how a wallet that is as simple as possible would look like:

sotqub.jpg

Please note, that I am not a professional UI designer, nor do I belong to the dev team. So it's just a random DRK fan's quick scrabble just for fun.

Private funds section has both Spendable and In Progress, because imo the anonymization process should be able to have part of the denominations fully anonymized and ready to be used (gone through required rounds already) while part of the funds not. This could happen when some of the denominations have found mixing partners very fast, while other denominations have not. Or, the user has decided to anonymize some more coins while the previous ones are still denominating. Or, the user has sent private coins and the "Amount of Darkcoin to keep anonymized" threshold has been hit.

It should contain as little information as possible. For example, unless there are unconfirmed coins, Incoming balance shouldn't be displayed at all, i.e. no need to display "Incoming: 0.00 DRK".

Likewise, if the anonymization process is not running, In Progress shouldn't be visible.

WELL HOWDY FOLKS!

This is great, I will pm you all the graphic material we have and will be happy to assist you in the process.

If anyone knows which damn file I can set/modify the stylesheet in for the main wallet frame I'd be grateful!

Open the qt project file bitcoin-qt.pro in Qt Creator and Edit > src/qt/forms > overviewpage.ui
Yeah thanks, found the forms (see ghastly experiment up above, haha) but I want to noodle with the root wallet widget... the box around all the forms with the File etc. menus and the tabs.

edit: never mind, found it it walletview.cpp.

Code:
  connect(exportButton, SIGNAL(clicked()), transactionView, SLOT(exportClicked()));
  gui->setStyleSheet("color: green; background-color: black; font: 10pt Smash;"); // add this for awesomeness!
  gotoOverviewPage();

image.png

Only thing left I haven't found out how to change is the grey background underneath the tabs.

edit2: don't panic, this is just a WIP. (It will get much worse!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I look at the bitcoin qt client, the more horrifying it gets. It's a needlessly tangled mess from one end to the other. I've seen php projects that were better organised. :mad:

Can we go with Electrum instead? :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back