• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darksend Liquidity Provider - v0.10.16.3

eduffield

Core Developer
Some improvements were suggested by the community, such as allowing the liquidity provider to mix with any denomination and sending random payments to itself from time to time, so it looks like a normal client.

Settings

./darkcoin-qt --listen=0 --liquidityprovider=10 --datadir=/home/user/.darkcoin
./darkcoind --listen=0 --liquidityprovider=10 --datadir=/home/user/.darkcoin

I’ve introduced --liquidityprovider=[1-100], 1 being very frequent mixing and 100 being very infrequent.

Fees - Maximum amount (without possible collateral charges, due to network outages, etc)

Liquidity Provider=1 : Up to 175.2DRK per year
Liquidity Provider=10 : Up to 17.52DRK per year
Liquidity Provider=30 : Up to 5.84DRK per year
Liquidity Provider=50 : Up to 3.504DRK per year
Liquidity Provider=100 : Up to 1.752DRK per year

Likely fees will be much lower due to the lack of Darksend mixed transactions currently. However, I suggest running with at least a setting of 20 (being that it can mix with anyone).

How much DRK is needed?

The liquidity provider can run with any amount of DRK. But I suggest running it with between 50DRK and 1000DRK.

Updates
- Improvements for not sending payments to yourself so frequently
- Randomly change anon amount infrequently

Note
- There is some issue where collateral is being charged when it shouldn't. These are 0.1DRK charges that will appear randomly. I've been getting about 1 every 2 days or so. I'll look into this later.

Downloads

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-liquidity-provider-v0-10-16-4.2904/

Last edited by a moderator:
My wallet is running as a regular user, not a provider. I started the wallet over by sending all coins to myself yesterday (10/27), but so far have got only two rounds finished. Here are the screenshots:

upload_2014-10-28_16-0-54.png

upload_2014-10-28_16-2-23.png

It's 16:00 now and still haven't got another round. Not sure what's happening..

These are great adjustments! To have the liquidity providers able to mix with any denomination would significantly improve the Darksend process...

Will update too today~
10.16.2 works well for me~ under liquidity = 20~

New version hasn't done anything like v2. No darksend denominations or payments to self.

So what you just leave your coins in your wallet and it mixes itself? Does this take any settings adjustments?

Oblox, Raico, Eduffield,

I have the same result. Running V3 with liquidity set to 1 and nothing in the transaction history for several hours (about 2 hours).

(255DRK in the wallet)

I'm running the standard wallet trying to get a bit over 600 DRK through 8 rounds, it's been at 25% for the last 30 hours. It's not happening.

I'm running the standard wallet trying to get a bit over 600 DRK through 8 rounds, it's been at 25% for the last 30 hours. It's not happening.

Anyone running the new V3 isn't going to help you. V2 actually send darksend denominations out to pair out, this one does nothing.

illodin, if you want to do some testing... Set your "Amount of darkcoin to keep anonymized" to 260 DRK. I will leave that much running and if 1 other person does the same, we should be able to mix.

illodin, if you want to do some testing... Set your "Amount of darkcoin to keep anonymized" to 260 DRK. I will leave that much running and if 1 other person does the same, we should be able to mix.

Ok, I just sent all coins to a new address, and set the amount to anonymize to 260 DRK over 8 rounds.

EDIT: I think I remember the denominations being 1, 10, 100 and 500 before, now it created these denominations:

nzz8l.jpg

EDIT2: and at least I'm now getting "Submitted to masternode, entries 2/3" which I previously didn't, I guess my 1, 10, 100, and 500 denominations weren't compatible with others, and now my 2^n denominations find someone else. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Collateral fee [ding!]
I will let it run a bit and see what else results. I realize I am using V1 which may have more bugs, but I ran V1 last week for 14hrs and had 5 successful mixes and no troubles.

Back