• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode 10.15.13 update problem

S_Uber

Greetings,

I am having issues updating my masternode. I downloaded 0.10.15.13 but when I run darkcoind it says "Error: cannot obtain lock on data directory /home/ubuntu/.darkcoin. Darkcoin is probably already running."

But if I use darkcoind stop, it says "error, couldn't connect to server".

I managed to get through all the previous updates so not sure what I did wrong, but I think I stuffed it up :(

Can anyone please advise?

Code:
ps aux | grep 'darkcoind'

Get the pid of the process, then

Code:
kill -9 <pid>

This will kill the running process. Nevertheless it seems your darkcoin.conf contains wrong data for rpcport/rpcuser/rpcpassword so that the client is not able to connect. Check these settings first.

OK I killed it by pid. Now when I try "darkcoind" it says it can't connect to server.

Here's my darkcoin.conf. Anything look suspicious?

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
addnode=23.23.186.131
#--------------------
externalip=<ec2-external-ip>

Thanks so much for the assistance!

OK I killed it by pid. Now when I try "darkcoind" it says it can't connect to server.

Here's my darkcoin.conf. Anything look suspicious?

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
addnode=23.23.186.131
#--------------------
externalip=<ec2-external-ip>

Thanks so much for the assistance!
you need two more lines
Code:
rpcuser=darkcoinrpc
rpcpassword=superSecretPassword

Oh yeah, I have those but forgot to include.

When I log on it says /dev/xvda1 needs to be checked. I'm going to restart the server and check what happens.

OK I figured it out. In the "Masternode guide for complete noobs", after the "wget" and "tar xfvz darkcoin" steps, another step is found that is not in other guides (as far as I can tell).

He does "cp darkcoin-0.10.1x.xx-linux/bin/64/darkcoind darkcoind" which I gather is some sort of symbolic link or something?

I'm just winging it so I'm surprised it's worked thus far. But always looking for a chance to further my understanding. Thanks again flare and UdjinM6 for your assistance. Very much appreciated.

OK I figured it out. In the "Masternode guide for complete noobs", after the "wget" and "tar xfvz darkcoin" steps, another step is found that is not in other guides (as far as I can tell).

He does "cp darkcoin-0.10.1x.xx-linux/bin/64/darkcoind darkcoind" which I gather is some sort of symbolic link or something?

I'm just winging it so I'm surprised it's worked thus far. But always looking for a chance to further my understanding. Thanks again flare and UdjinM6 for your assistance. Very much appreciated.
Nope, no linking here. It just a "make a copy" command, syntax is "cp <from> <to>"
and in this case if you copy it to your home directory and not in /usr/bin/ you have to issue commands with "./darkcoind" (or "~/darkcoind" if you run it not in your home directory) and not with "darkcoind"

Oh ok, that would explain why it wouldn't work. I was issuing the command without the "./", just "darkcoind".

Back