• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mnbudget command not found

Kayser

I am trying to submit a proposal to the network but the debug console does not copmprend the command. Displays the message: Method not found (code -32601)
Below is the line:
mnbudget prepare ...
Could someone help me discover this error and pass me the sequence of commands to submit the proposal to?

I am trying to submit a proposal to the network but the debug console does not copmprend the command. Displays the message: Method not found (code -32601)
Below is the line:
mnbudget prepare ...
Could someone help me discover this error and pass me the sequence of commands to submit the proposal to?

Welcome! This command is now very ancient, hasn't been around for almost 3 years now... check out the "gobject" commands, prepare and submit. I highly recommend using a web-based tool and testing this first on testnet so that you don't accidentally lose any funds. The official tool is at https://proposal.dash.org/ and has a testnet mode.

Once you "prepare" the proposal, do not attempt to change any proposal details. This can and will lead to loss of funds. Please ignore the "edit" button on that tool if you see it, it is a bug and should not be there.

Hi! Thanks for your help, but if you can, I would like to know the syntax and instructions for using the gobject prepare and gobject submit command and whether you need to sign the output of any of the commands as done with protx prepare. I need to know the commands to type in the dash core debug window to send proposals to the network, because I am working with a currency that was created from the DASH code and this currency has no proposal registration web site. It is a coin that has been tossed now and I can't get information through who created it. I am testing the wallet that was created by copying the DASH wallet. It is a forke. It is safer for me to test with this little coin and then work with DASH.
Can you help me?

I don't have the capacity to dedicate a lot of time to assist, but the help text is pretty self-explanatory:

Code:
dash-cli gobject prepare
error code: -1
error message:
gobject prepare <parent-hash> <revision> <time> <data-hex>
Prepare governance object by signing and creating tx
Arguments:
1. parent-hash   (string, required) hash of the parent object, "0" is root
2. revision      (numeric, required) object revision in the system
3. time          (numeric, required) time this object was created
4. data-hex      (string, required)  data in hex string form
5. use-IS        (boolean, optional, default=false) InstantSend lock the collateral, only requiring one chain confirmation
6. outputHash    (string, optional) the single output to submit the proposal fee from
7. outputIndex   (numeric, optional) The output index.

You have to "gobject submit" the exact same info as you "gobject prepare" with the addition of the hash returned from the "prepare" command.

The proposal generator code should also help a lot: https://github.com/dashevo/proposal-generator

I think you should be able to take it from there.

Cheers,

Back