• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How will Libra affect other Cryptocurrencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think short term it will give politicians the green light to endorse or disapprove certain payment methods. Long term it doesn't matter. So long as a project has one dedicated developer and two genuine users, there will always be a place for that coin. Cons beyond the control of government will always be hated yet used in equal measure by the same people with big egos.

Well Libra is losing lots of it's project associates like paypal, visa, mastercard or mercadopago which are projects dedicated to payment methods so i think THAT specifically makes it lose lot of value.

They Still got lots of endorsement partners (Important ones) like Vodafone or spotify of uber Tho.

In general i think Libra will make the crypto space more visible for NoCoiners. Once they understand digital currencies with Facebook's coin then they will probably migrate to other Cryptos with better features like Dash for example.

I guess libra will be some kind of stepping stone for other coins to be noticed by people not engaged in crypto industry.
Yes, probably is not the best example because it is a Centralized ShitCoin but in Venezuela the "Petro" Cryptocurrency was the open gate for the people to start learning about Crypto because it became legal the fact of Using, promoting or paying with all Cryptos.

The government just works as catalyzer of the process with lots of propaganda around the use of Crypto and launching and funding crypto exchanges or ATMs that support Dash, Btc, Ltc, etc

Libra could do the same for people in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back