• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I'm not getting the Alt Thirty Six business... you just need a phone to start accepting Dash tomorro

The average IQ of Extracurricular Pharmaceutical Enthusiasts is well below that of those who abstain from such indulgences... I get what their "solution" is, i just don't see how it's good for DASH, or how it can apply to grown-ups in the real world.

I don't bother voting, or even looking at proposals anymore. That entire aspect of DASH is dead. Specifically because of retardation like this. Talking about it is pointless, no one is going to listen.

You may as well try to explain math to a cat. The Alt36 bit is a terrible idea, and, yes, I understand exactly what it does.

But it's a done deal. And DASH will embarrass itself even if the project succeeds... It's hilarious to watch. MNOs finally ran out of ways to beclown themselves approving scam proposals (primarily because it became too expensive to submit them, not because MNOs would stop being idiots), so they chose a project who's success is likely to be more detrimental than if it were just another embarrassing scam...

Last edited:
The average IQ of Extracurricular Pharmaceutical Enthusiasts is well below that of those who abstain from such indulgences... I get what their "solution" is, i just don't see how it's good for DASH, or how it can apply to grown-ups in the real world.

I don't bother voting, or even looking at proposals anymore. That entire aspect of DASH is dead. Specifically because of retardation like this. Talking about it is pointless, no one is going to listen.

You may as well try to explain math to a cat. The Alt36 bit is a terrible idea, and, yes, I understand exactly what it does.

But it's a done deal. And DASH will embarrass itself even if the project succeeds... It's hilarious to watch. MNOs finally ran out of ways to beclown themselves approving scam proposals (primarily because it became too expensive to submit them, not because MNOs would stop being idiots), so they chose a project who's success is likely to be more detrimental than if it were just another embarrassing scam...

I thought you were libertarian-ish? You're OK with the Feds telling people who can have access to banking and who doesn't?
And legalizing/decriminalizing/normalizing cannabis reduces the illicit/crime problem in the old model. And reduces use among teens, and cuts down on the ridiculous practice of putting people in jail for cannabis.

And surely you recognize that the integrated ATM/checkout model would easily translate to other industries...

But, as you note, it's passed anyway, so let's get on with it.

@RGXDK is asking clear questions and insisting on clear answers. We need more MNOs like that.

The reason deals like this Alt-36 thing exist now is because, in Dash's current state, it is VERY difficult to integrate into business processes.

I know because I have integrated Dash into Dash Messaging and it has not been easy. Sorry to say it, but Dash Core is a little buggy, If you are not careful, it can give you data that will screw up your accounting.

Basically we are all just sitting around waiting for Evolution, and hoping for a little incremental improvements until then.

I thought you were libertarian-ish? You're OK with the Feds telling people who can have access to banking and who doesn't?
Did I say that? Please read the message that you quoted in it's entirety in your own post, and find the part where I wanted banking functions to be regulated.

I want banks extinct. But, banks are the oldest Cloud. People have been putting their money, their most valuable possession, in banks since forever. The suggestions that you can't take care of your own shit has been brainwashed into them for centuries. The last people on Earth that are going to figure this out, are the pot-head rebels who think cash is king... Government paper. What rebels they truly are.... Fucking stupid!

I'm saying that being inundated with the chronically stupid (pun intended) doesn't generally lead to good ideas.

You're telling me it took 8 years to come up with this idea, and that one guy can't do it in an afternoon, for free just cuz he thinks it would be fun?

The is the sort of stuff that non-pot-heads manage to do by accident just to see how it works.

But, they need years and millions to maybe...

I had something better than this worked out 2 years ago, but the DASHtards stabbed me in the back at the behest of The Usual Suspects. Who still haven't done shit, and shut off IX just as a similar project to my own was about to go live... Due to a "recently discovered" zero-day bug that hasn't been used, but was kept in the back pocket as a last ditch to prevent anyone from enabling an IX based service before "they" do... Which, at this point, is still not even on the radar... I'm absolutely worthless at writing and auditing code, and I saw this problem from the beginning. Suddenly, they care? No, it's just another paid-for IX-based proposal sabotaged.

That's 2 real-world usable IX proposals that were 100% ready to go, and The Usual Suspects sabotaged them.

The corrupt infighting on this project, at it's own expense, is fucking disgusting. They're willing to destroy it if they can't have all the glory for themselves... 2 years. 2. Fucking. Years. That's the head start now lost. All in the name of petty nerd egos.

But, lets talk about weed. That's way funner... Or whatever.

The common thread?

Both of the previously sabotaged IX-enabled payment projects were run by gun-toting conservative types. The DASH leadership is extreme left-fringe. They reserve the project only for "their own kind," and will not allow anyone with a differing political slant to participate. Every DASH meeting or speech or important gathering of any kind has been carefully placed in an exceptionally conservative-hostile locale. Leftist wack-a-doodles ONLY. Everyone else will be fucked over.

I give zero fucks if you want to spoke weed. Or if you're smart enough to bake it into pills with cocoa butter and lecithin to preserve it, because smoking and vaping the essential oils destroys most of the active elements that induce the desired effects... I want you to have that freedom. But, what about mine? This project draws in more people hostile to basic human rights, under the false guise of "but, weed bro!"

You're right to realize that it's extremely biased and partisan, but I'm not the one bringing that bias.

Any project presented by productive conservative type has been stonewalled and sabotaged. We're the people who get shit done (and have), and we're not welcome. DASH cut's off it nose to spite it's face by being un-apologetically attached to extreme left-fringe agenda politics, and asserting prejudices based upon it.

At no point did I even hint or suggest at the idea of regulating banking functions to any class or person. Yet, you presented the idea as if I were that guy... If I could nuke every bank and government building right now, I so fucking would. But, apparently, I want the pot heads to suffer... Or something... I'm probably a homophobic ammosexual patriarchal etc, blah blah blah, too... Call names at the people you hate, totally baseless, pretend they're the ones with the problem...

I know all too well the effects of partisan banking discrimination. The entire Gun Industry still suffers under the obnoxious lies of Project Choke Point. A Liberal Obama policy that artificially and fraudulently labels the MOST verifiable transactions that occur in the USA as "high risk" simply to deny card processing and banking facilities to anyone even marginally involved in the firearms business. I dare you to find a stupid liberal pothead that doesn't rally behind this blatant abuse of power and true fascism. The Alt36 proposal would work great for the Gun Industry, too! And it'd face a lot less resistance. And the people are smart enough to actually understand it. But will they go there? Nope. Political agenda based on lies and hate is more important.

Accusing me of being that guy? The aggressor pretends to be the victim, every fucking time... Yeah, I'm the great oppressor, the guy who thinks we should all have guns.

How can I possibly oppress you when I'm handing you a loaded gun? Yeah, I'm totally the bad guy...

Which one of these things expresses trust, solidarity, and freedom?

1) Handing you a loaded gun
2) Handing you a mind altering substance that will make you useless and stupid, and possibly incapacitated, for several hours. Along with recommendations to use it in the least effective manner with the most negative health side effects.

Last edited:
Sorry for the stupid question, but why can't dispensaries just start accepting Dash tomorrow? All they need is a mobile phone. Suppliers need to accept Dash too? Given them a mobile phone.

I'm clearly missing something and it should be really obvious, but I am not getting it. Why do dispensaries need Alt Thirty Six anyway? Customers that walk into a dispensary already pay with cash, what incentive could they possibly offer that would convince someone to learn about crypto and use a digital currency to pay, when they can just pay with the cash they have in hand?
Here is a nice article explaining the things already mentioned several times in this thread: https://www.cointelegraph.com/news/digital-currency-looks-to-solve-cannabis-industrys-cash-problem

Not really sure why you don't get it, I wouldn't have voted for super expensive proposals either, but now that it is happening, all we can hope it works out nicely.

Here is a nice article explaining the things already mentioned several times in this thread: https://www.cointelegraph.com/news/digital-currency-looks-to-solve-cannabis-industrys-cash-problem
Not really sure why you don't get it, I wouldn't have voted for super expensive proposals either, but now that it is happening, all we can hope it works out nicely.

I just don't know how else to explain it. The text below is from the article you sent, that you think "explains" anything.

"The Dash network, through its decentralized self-funding mechanism, is paying the company $496,000 to integrate Dash as a payment option in the cannabis industry’s point of sale (POS) systems."
You read this and you think to yourself "Oh, that explains the things already mentioned several times in this thread". I read it and I realize it for what it is: vague and imprecise. It does not explain anything. I can "integrate" any store with Dash tomorrow with just a phone. If that's not what is meant by "integrate" then I am asking for clarification. What king of integration exactly are we doing that requires $400k? How is $1mn in Dash better to the dispensary than $1mn in Cash? Try doing payrol, taxes, paying suppliers, furniture, security etc with a crypto currency.

Last edited:
man ....
it has really been explained
go back to the 1st post and read one more time
i am giving up on this !

man ....
it has really been explained
go back to the 1st post and read one more time
i am giving up on this !

Yes let's leave it as it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks for all your replies though.

I'm not sure I completely understand all of it either,. but it's clear at this point we are in "wait and see" mode.

Most of my complains about Wesern Society revolve around being forcibly integrated into crap I don't want to be integrated into...

"We're going to integrate the whole industry!"

camosoul: [gets the hell out of that industry]

Back