• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashDrive feature, is this something you would want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minersday

Hi!

Please don't bring that kind of "dropbox" in the dash evolution. This will open any sort of new attacks, using files. And this will divert from being a currency to something else.. And the technology is something very very last year, mean the file drive thing..
if you have to make a case for the masternodes, maybe something like decentralized exchange of cryptocoins? where the pages are hosted on the masternodes and you would have global load balacing using the source IPs.
and that sort of stuff. The hosted masternode would get rewards on this. But I would want this to be separate software, which integrates to dash using API's.

I think we should focus on currency related features only, that's the way to go..

Please comment on your thoughts...

I think you have misunderstood the concept of DashDrive. It is not going to be a file storage similar to Dropbox.
I am not sure how you could see it attacked using files. Maybe some more details?

From what I remember seeing on Youtbe, I believe Dash Drive will help with the function of mapping a person's unique username to a user's public key addresses to receive payments. Perhaps it will have some other purpose(s). Is there any official documentation?

As stated multiple times, Drive is the internal storage component for the Dash Platform / Evo. Nothing to do with Dropbox or similar services.

I am closing this thread from further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back