• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashRadar development thread

@colofi this was some testing done by @DeltaEngine for a stress test a few months ago and then more recently in preparation for a network stress-test (theoretical max tx/s to beat any production blockchain record) scheduled to happen around the 12.4 launch.

Nodes page added to dashradar: https://dashradar.com/nodes

There is still some things that could be added/improved:
  • Make the map size dynamic depending on screen resolution
  • Add an option to filter active/inactive nodes in the "All nodes" tab
  • (Individual node page by clicking the ip address)
  • (Add historical charts for country/version/organization distribution)
  • (Add link to collateral txid/address for masternodes)
  • (Show voting data for masternodes)

Changed the default url (https://dashradar.com) from the graph visualization to a simple landing page containing links to explorer, graph, charts and nodes pages. In the future I might add more content to the landing page to make it more like a dashboard.

Also upgraded from Angular 6 to Angular 7.

how long does it take for a new node to appear in the nodes list?

I have been running a non masternode node for 2 days now.

how long does it take for a new node to appear in the nodes list?

I have been running a non masternode node for 2 days now.
It only lists nodes that accept new connections.

If you are running the node at home then it might be behind a NAT router. In that case you should forward port 9999 from the router to the LAN IP address of the computer running the node.

It's also possible that there could be something wrong with the configuration of the node (dash.conf).

You can check if your node is accepting connections with the node checker found in http://nodes.blakeanderson.ca/networks/dash.

Any chance you can include charts for mining hashrate & mining difficulty & mining pools spread?

I recently updated the website to use angular universal server side rendering. This means that the first page the user is loading is rendered to HTML on the server and after that it will continue to function as a single page application. It can make the initial page load slightly faster but the main benefit is that it makes the website crawlable by search engines.

Also moved the navigation from the top to the side. This solution should work better for mobile users and allows fitting more navigation elements in the future.

Any chance you can include charts for mining hashrate & mining difficulty & mining pools spread?
I think that is a good idea but I'm not sure when I will be able to do that.

I recently updated the website to use angular universal server side rendering. This means that the first page the user is loading is rendered to HTML on the server and after that it will continue to function as a single page application. It can make the initial page load slightly faster but the main benefit is that it makes the website crawlable by search engines.

Also moved the navigation from the top to the side. This solution should work better for mobile users and allows fitting more navigation elements in the future.

I think that is a good idea but I'm not sure when I will be able to do that.

No pressure, no hurry.

Good to hear about your website improvements.

@qwizzie It's currently possible to get generate those charts using the data explorer but it can be quite slow for long time periods. Adding them to the charts page would require storing a running total of the difficulty so that average difficulty of a day can be computed very quickly. Hashrate by pool would require even more changes.

Here are some examples using the data explorer:
You can modify the queries to get more data but if you make the period too long then the query will not finish because the is a time limit (1 minute if I remember correctly).

@qwizzie It's currently possible to get generate those charts using the data explorer but it can be quite slow for long time periods. Adding them to the charts page would require storing a running total of the difficulty so that average difficulty of a day can be computed very quickly. Hashrate by pool would require even more changes.

Here are some examples using the data explorer:
You can modify the queries to get more data but if you make the period too long then the query will not finish because the is a time limit (1 minute if I remember correctly).

i like the line chart of the daily hashrate last 3 months, it would fit well with the other line charts i think.
And maybe think of ways implementing mining difficulty and pools for a later date ? Or skip if its getting to be too much of a hassle

I have had some issues with the Neo4j database that this project is using to store the blockchain:
  • Poor write performance
  • Issues with the cost planner sometimes generating highly inefficient query execution plans
  • Community edition lacking some useful features
  • Other issues
I'm probably not going to build any new features on top of Neo4j and I might start replacing some or all of the current features using other databases.

I'm currently building an improved version of the address clustering a.k.a guesstimated wallets feature. In the new version users will be able to browse an ordered list of the wallet's transactions. Wallet balance after each transaction will also be available as well as a historical balance chart.

Quick question about two charts :

Transactions per day
Mixing transactions per day

Is the "mixing transactions per day" data included or excluded from the "transactions per day" chart ?
I ask this because i wonder if a lot of mixing could inflate the transactions per day chart.

Quick question about two charts :

Transactions per day
Mixing transactions per day

Is the "mixing transactions per day" data included or excluded from the "transactions per day" chart ?
I ask this because i wonder if a lot of mixing could inflate the transactions per day chart.
Transactions per day includes all transactions including mixing transactions, privatesend transactions and create denominations transactions.

Oh sorry about that. I just moved to a diffent city so I couln't work for 2 days.. I will fix asap.

Edit: It got stuck at block 905186 which has 4785 transactions. I probably need to change the code to save in a single database transaction one transaction at a time instead of one block at a time. Meanwhile I'm trying to give the database more memory to work with to get it rolling again.
I found that in block 206980,there are two mixing trx, since their trx fee is 0, but dashradar recognize them as create denomination trx, Is it a bug? If I am wrong, is there something about mixing trx I don't know?

I found that in block 206980,there are two mixing trx, since their trx fee is 0, but dashradar recognize them as create denomination trx, Is it a bug? If I am wrong, is there something about mixing trx I don't know?

In 2015 when that tx happened it was possible to send any tx with a fee of 0. Also, the txs I looked at (mentioned here) cannot be mixing txs. One of them does not have an equal number of inputs/outputs. The other cannot be for multiple reasons including - 1. too many inputs/outputs, and 2. Not all inputs/outputs have the same value (unless the PS rules were different back then (@UdjinM6 ?).

In 2015 when that tx happened it was possible to send any tx with a fee of 0. Also, the txs I looked at (mentioned here) cannot be mixing txs. One of them does not have an equal number of inputs/outputs. The other cannot be for multiple reasons including - 1. too many inputs/outputs, and 2. Not all inputs/outputs have the same value (unless the PS rules were different back then (@UdjinM6 ?).

Thanks for your reply, but there are still are something I did not understand. why a PrivateSend tx can not tcontains too many inputs/outputs, if there is a rule, what is the limit of inputs, I remember there are at most 200 inputs/outputs in a tx, but I didn't hear about the inputs/outputs limits of PS tx.

In the follow links(please replace 。 with .) , we can see someone said that inputs/outputs in dash's PrivateSend tx can be different denominations once,
https://forum。bitrad。io/index。php?thread/953-what-is-darksend-and-how-to-use-it/ , maybe it is wrong, maybe it is right.

There is another msg, the 5 PS denominations was introduced in protocal version 72013, it means there may be another rules about PrivateSend before 72013, I searchd a lot and did not find any information about it.

I am still confused, if you know, please tell me a detail about it. @thephez @UdjinM6

Dashradar does not currently recognize old mixing transactions where multiple different denominations in the same mixing transaction was allowed.

Back