• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What got you into blockchain/crypto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle G Jones

Hi, I’m Michelle G. Jones, Digital Marketing Manager of Coinwhalenews. It is the news platform which is specialized for the latest information for the market and price of cryptocurrency.
Just out of curiosity, I want to know the reasons you got into this industry in the first place. Whether it’s passion, opportunity seeking, just for fun, or even FOMO, let me hear your opinions.
For me, it’s because I believe in the future of decentralization and mass autonomy for all.

Unseizable, unstoppable, border-ignoring digital gold, to be used directly as money; no single authority controlling supply, no fractional reserve nonsense.

I realised that where you spend your money is the most influence you can have in the immediate term.
Voting, lobbying, rallying etc take too long and don't affect those in control imo.
Crypto, especially anonymous and private transactions, could be the most transformative invention of my lifetime.
That's why I was drawn to invest in Darkcoin initially.
But, yeah, let's go moon etc etc ha ha

A friend of mine gave me some Dash years ago. That was a great experience for me. after that, i decided to gather more information about my lovely gift. Therefor i have become more familiar with this novel technology and decided to dedicate my time in cryptocurrencies and especially Dash ecosystem. Now we are going to start our own business in this ecosystem and we have a very bright and white vision in this all Darkness :D

Many people talk about cryptocurrencies. So I have decided to learn about blockchain and crypto

I heard about Bitcoin back in like 2012 or 2013 or whenever, (it was a long time ago that's all I know) and thought "Oh hey, online drug money, cool whatever" and never thought about it again.

And then in 2017, a few of my friends were talking about how they can pay off college because of Bitcoin and I'm sitting there like "Wait... Bitcoin? That thing is still around?" They're all like yeah but I still didn't buy in. Then Bitcoin hit $10,000 and I started seeing it everywhere. I still didn't buy. Until it hit $17,000.

Then I started looking into the tech so when it crashed, I wasn't worried and was confident in it's recovery. Then, I found Binance, altcoins, and MyEtherWallet, and now I'm holding until 2021.

Hi, I’m Michelle G. Jones, Digital Marketing Manager of Coinwhalenews. It is the news platform which is specialized for the latest information for the market and price of cryptocurrency.
Just out of curiosity, I want to know the reasons you got into this industry in the first place. Whether it’s passion, opportunity seeking, just for fun, or even FOMO, let me hear your opinions.
For me, it’s because I believe in the future of decentralization and mass autonomy for all.
Interest and faith in cryptocurrency.

I heard about Bitcoin back in like 2012 or 2013 or whenever, (it was a long time ago that's all I know) and thought "Oh hey, online drug money, cool whatever" and never thought about it again.

And then in 2017, a few of my friends were talking about how they can pay off college because of Bitcoin and I'm sitting there like "Wait... Bitcoin? That thing is still around?" They're all like yeah but I still didn't buy in. Then Bitcoin hit $10,000 and I started seeing it everywhere. I still didn't buy. Until it hit $17,000.

Then I started looking into the tech so when it crashed, I wasn't worried and was confident in it's recovery. Then, I found Binance, altcoins, and MyEtherWallet, and now I'm holding until 2021.
Why are you holding until 2021? Why did you choose this year?

What got me into digital currency?

Long conversations and debates on money, government and human rights.

The trends about bitcoin in 2017 got me into cryptocurrency. Ever since i was able to make good profits. During the bearish market i almost gave up on crypto, then i started investing in alts like xrp, xlm, veil. Cryptocurrency is indeed needs a lot of patience to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back