• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal submission time

Zeynab Khani

Hello everyone,
I have a simple question. According to dash docs for submitting a successful proposal, "Disapproval occurs when no votes minus yes votes equals 10% or more of the total available votes". My question is, when does this calculation gets done? Is it before the payment date is due, or is it at the end of each voting cycle?
I'm asking this because we are a team that are new to Dash proposal but have prepared an amazing proposal to submit. But we are not sure when to submit it on Dash central as our payment date is for the next cycle but we want to post it sooner(maybe 10 days before the end of the current cycle) to get more time for masternodes to vote. What happens when at the end of the current cycle we don't get enough votes? Does our proposal remain there for the next cycle?
Thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
The calculation is made already during voting but finalized at the voting deadline. Payout is ~3 days later.

You can also theoretically upload a proposal for the next cycle already in this cycle however that’s not advisable as it has led to confusion and subsequent no votes on previous occasions.

If you want to upload the proposal as early as possible without causing confusion you can upload it after the voting deadline of the previous cycle or better yet after the payout right at the beginning of the new cycle

The calculation is made already during voting but finalized at the voting deadline. Payout is ~3 days later.

You can also theoretically upload a proposal for the next cycle already in this cycle however that’s not advisable as it has led to confusion and subsequent no votes on previous occasions.

If you want to upload the proposal as early as possible without causing confusion you can upload it after the voting deadline of the previous cycle or better yet after the payout right at the beginning of the new cycle
Thanks for the reply :)

Back