• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal (DashBoost): DASH-REM / PANAMA-MARACAY (VENEZUELA)

Your opinion is important to us..! Would you support this proposal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

wgollini

1.jpg

PROJECT SUMMARY
To achieve a massive adoption of Dash in Venezuela, it is necessary to increase the volume of Dash in the hands of Venezuelans and encourage their use in merchants that adopted Dash as a form of payment.

As we know, the current situation in Venezuela has generated a great migration of people to many parts of the world. This is an opportunity to adopt Dash as the preferred cryptocurrency to make transfers to Venezuela, which will increase the volume of Dash in the hands of Venezuelans.

It is important that people understand that a bank is not necessary to transfer money from one country to another. The Dash Maracay Team, together with our representative in Panama, will teach Venezuelan migrants, who live in that country, to remit money to their relatives in Maracay.

This is an integral proposal (for DashBoost) in order to teach how to buy, send, receive and use Dash as a payment method

Logistics:
We will hold 2 simultaneous meetings, one in Panama (with migrants from Maracay) and another in Maracay (with the relatives and friends of the migrants). These meetings will be held simultaneously and will be connected online. In this way the participants (migrants, family and friends) can interact with us to clarify all their doubts.

The Dash Maracay Team will be in charge of the presentations; we will explain the topics of security and use of Dash. Our representative in Panama will be responsible for carrying out the logistics of identification, invitation and support to the Maracay migrants in Panama.

2.jpg

We will identify and invite 30 migrants from Maracay, in Panama, who wish to make transfers using Dash to their families in Maracay-Venezuela. These migrants should tell us the contact details of their relatives and close friends, to invite them to the meeting we will hold in Maracay. The idea is to receive a direct relative plus a close friend of each migrant. With this formula, the scope will multiply in an important way. In other words, with this strategy we will reach at least 90 people.

Once the meetings are over and the questions have been resolved, we will grant a $ 10 giveaway to each migrant in Panama. This money will be used only for a practical exercise, so that they can understand how to send money to their families. This will generate a lot of interest in the use of Dash as remittance, since by being online; they can see the effectiveness and speed of the transfers.

Family members can use this money to make purchases at the merchants registered in Discover Dash.

PROJECT SCOPE STATEMENT

Project Purpose / Business Justification

Venezuelan migration has increased significantly in recent years. Currently there are more than 3 million Venezuelan migrants, of which +125,000 live in Panama.

3.jpg

4.jpg

We estimate that in the future it is possible to reach 10% of Venezuelan migrants in Panama (about 12 thousand people). If each migrant sends monthly $ 100, this would imply a volume of 1.2 million dollars per month.

5.jpg

Objectives (in business terms)

General objectives
  • Use the Dash as remittances.
  • Increase the volume of Dash in the hands of Venezuelans
  • Encourage people to use Dash as a form of payment.

Specific objectives of the proposal
  • Training 30 Venezuelan migrants in Panama in the use of Dash: Download wallet, security topics, exchanges, ATMs, and instant send.
  • Training 30 family members and 30 close friends of migrants in Panama in the use of Dash: Download wallet, security topics, receiving money, exchanges, and where they can spend their Dash (Discover Dash).

Key Deliverables
  • 30 Venezuelan migrants in Panama trained in the use of Dash.
  • 30 relatives of Venezuelan migrants in Panama trained in the use of Dash
  • 30 friends of Venezuelan migrants in Panama trained in the use of Dash
  • 30 Effective transfers
  • We will promote the Discover Dash directory.
  • We will promote the use of Dash Text, for those people who do not have a smartphone.

Project Schedule
04 to 10 February: Organization and Logistics.
11 to 22 February: identification and invitation of 30 migrants from Maracay in Panama interested in sending remittances to their families.
11 to 22 February: invitation of the relatives and friends of the migrants who live in Maracay.
February 23: Simultaneous conference with migrants, family and friends.​

Success Criteria
  • 30 effective remittances.
  • 90 trained people that will serve as a multiplier effect to use Dash.
  • Gradual increase up to $1.2 Million per month in volume transactions.

TEAM
Dash Marcay Representatives:

José Da Silva and wgollini

Representative Panama:
Héctor Gómez

Team members:
Thania Peraza, Sandra Albarracín, Eduardo Fuenmayor, Jhonny González.

About us:
Activities done by Dash Maracay:
STAKEHOLDERS
  • Dash Maracay Team (Main event organizer, custody agent, quality control)
  • Representative Dash Panama (Héctor Gómez)
  • Merchants: Increase the number of transactions in Dash
  • Dash: increase volume and number of transactions
  • Exchange: Increase the number of exchange operations
  • Discover Dash: increase number of merchants
  • Dash Text: for those that don’t have a smartphone
  • Migrants in Panama and Family and friends in Venezuela

BUDGET

Presupuesto.jpg

Last edited:
It is an interesting experiment and I believe that you should pursue it, but wait for future funding cycles in order to apply for funding (e.g. February / March). I would also think about a smaller experiment and then apply for more funding. I believe that a trusted community member has submitted a proposal to work on a service that will help us meet Dash boost proposal owners, track their progress, and analyze their costs and ambitions. Once this service is set up, you will have my support. Otherwise, I am obliged to vote No with my MNOs as I am personally not able to trust anymore Venezuela projects experimenting with people and remittance-focused activities. We are already investing thousands of dollars in that market every month and we have only seen success on a merchant side from a small number of community members. "Gradual increase up to $1.2 Million per month in volume transactions" this statement is far too strong and too far in the future to be included in your current value proposition (vision statement, maybe?).

It is an interesting experiment and I believe that you should pursue it, but wait for future funding cycles in order to apply for funding (e.g. February / March). I would also think about a smaller experiment and then apply for more funding. I believe that a trusted community member has submitted a proposal to work on a service that will help us meet Dash boost proposal owners, track their progress, and analyze their costs and ambitions. Once this service is set up, you will have my support. Otherwise, I am obliged to vote No with my MNOs as I am personally not able to trust anymore Venezuela projects experimenting with people and remittance-focused activities. We are already investing thousands of dollars in that market every month and we have only seen success on a merchant side from a small number of community members. "Gradual increase up to $1.2 Million per month in volume transactions" this statement is far too strong and too far in the future to be included in your current value proposition (vision statement, maybe?).

Thank you very much for your comment @Mike Crypto , in fact this is a very interesting theoretical-practical proposal. In the meetings not only will be explained how the system works, but the participants will carry out a practice to send remittances. All online, so participants can check the effectiveness of using Dash.

On the other hand, we have thought about submit this proposal in DashBoost in this cycle, since we have advanced a lot in the corresponding details.

With respect to our vision of achieving 1.2 MM monthly, it is a futuristic vision, this proposal is a small beginning, and we hope that step by step we will achieve that volume in remittances.

Regards
Dash Maracay Team

Hello everyone, I am writing to inform you that the event we had planned to carry out next Saturday 23 was rescheduled, considering the political situation in Venezuela.

As you know, the entrance of humanitarian aid to Vzla is expected for that day. We believe that it is not safe to ask people to accompany us to this event since there is a high degree of political tension.

It is convenient to wait a few days to establish the new date. Fortunately, we already have a large group of Maracay migrants in Panama.

Regards

Good morning, I hope you are all right ..! Report of our proposal approved last January:

The event was planned to be executed on 02/23/2019. It was reprogrammed, since that day the entry of humanitarian aid to Venezuela was announced. New proposed date: 07/03/2019.

On 07/03/2019, the unexpected occurred, there was a general black out in Venezuela, There was no electricity nationwide for 4 consecutive days, this affected even communications (Internet and Telephony)

From that date until now the electric system has not stabilized, we are under severe energy rationing. At this time we do not have a new date to execute the event. It is very likely that we will carry out the events separately and not as we proposed in our proposal. First, we will hold the event in Panama. When the conditions are met, we will hold the event in Venezuela

Although we have spent part of the money in the acquired commitments, the value of the Dash plays in our favor, for which we will carry out the events with the budgeted quality.

You can see the supports of the dates on our Instagram: @dashmaracay

Regards

Back