• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Not the best gift for February 14th.

bramQ

Hello. I am writing this post on the eve of a wonderful holiday on February 14, but I am writing a little confused. I really want to know your opinion. Well.
My brother has long been engaged in cryptocurrency and earns it well. This allowed even to get a girlfriend. This young creature decided to give my brother a gift - to give a cryptocurrency (apparently decided it was romantic and very original). She prepared for this for several months and therefore faithfully “invested” 50, 100, and then $ 300 in one good and successful project that (as she said) brought a good profit from the start (I think at this point you all understood what project in question). I will not go into details. In this case, she "invested" about $ 600 (a very decent amount for her), which safely dissolved into the scam project. Closer to the holiday, a little bold and decided to ask me how to withdraw money back.
I think that adequate people are sitting here, so there will be no moralising for this child. I did not come across scam projects, so I really want to see your advice here.

One of the hardest lessons of cryptocurrency is realising how much protection our regular financial system gives us. That realisation can come as a big shock, that magic internet money is the same as cash in your pocket, you loose it and it's gone for good. Who's at fault when that realisation comes with a heavy price? Ultimately with ourselves.

Thinking of cryptocurrency as an investment/Tulip thing is the first mistake. Getting involved while having no idea how it works is another.

I like that my interest in crypto has gone up dramatically in value, but, frankly, it's a liability to the intended purpose due to the regulatory fraud imposed by chronically corrupt governments. I just wanted to be my own bank, using no-middle-man money. Adding privacy, the ability to make backups and multiple copies, instant transaction security, that it's digital and $1 takes up the same space as $99MM...

Trying to get-rich-quick was never on my list. I just sought to understand and pick the most forward-looking option. Which, at the time, was DASH.

DASH has gotten lost in the woods and it's not the obvious choice that it was 5 years ago. But, it's still the best choice even though it's not flagrantly best.

And good thing, too, since corrupt government regulatory fraud makes it impossible to switch to something else by imposing massive financial penalties for the crime of following the best tech advancements.

Government wants to treat crypto as Tulips in their effort to make it die like Tulips. It's a proxy crime to use it any other way because any proper, legitimate, intended use-case is severely punished. You will do nothing but play Ponzi/Tulip games, or suffer in the extreme.

The government not only wants to get in on the get rich quick BS, but it also wants to kill crypto because it is viewed as a threat to the evil games government plays with fiat money. The dirty guv can't touch crypto, but it can threaten the life and freedom of those who dare to use it, and they absolutely do via codified regulatory fraud.

That's a cranky, long-winded way of saying that you're virtually guaranteed to get scammed if you haven't been in crypto since 2009.

Government influence only made the Tulip/scam aspect orders of magnitude worse by criminalizing all the legitimate projects that threatened to knock down their fiat house if cards.

As usual, there's nothing so bad that government can't make it even worse... In this case, they took it to the extreme.

Last edited:
Maybe before to do so, she could ask someone about crypto and how it works, or read something. But actually, you can try to find developers. There is no name of the project - "I think at this point you all understood what project in question", I didn't understand what project, there are hundreds of scam projects like this, tell people about the project and maybe someone will tell you about developers, try to contact them

TL;DR

I consider DASH to be the only crypto that isn't garbage.

DASH used to be 10/10, and everything else was 1/10.

Now, DASH is 5/10, there are a few others that are 2/10 , and thousands that are 1/10.

The odds that you'll pick a good one without years of research and experience is pretty much zero.

The days of treating crypto like a speculative investment are over. Government regulates it so that it can be nothing else. But, that won't stop people from trying, and it won't stop scammers from taking advantage of their wishful thinking.

This is where government hopes to finally murder cryptocurrency using their "death by Tulips" regulatory fraud attack vector, functionally forbidding any legitimate use model.

Currently, they're pretending to admit that crypto won't go away. I expect an even more destructive attack after pretending to lighten up with some token gestures that don't really help, but inspire confidence in the minds of the exceptionally stupid (most people). Rope some more suckers in before smashing it even harder.

Last edited:
Thinking of cryptocurrency as an investment/Tulip thing is the first mistake. Getting involved while having no idea how it works is another.

I like that my interest in crypto has gone up dramatically in value, but, frankly, it's a liability to the intended purpose due to the regulatory fraud imposed by chronically corrupt governments. I just wanted to be my own bank, using no-middle-man money. Adding privacy, the ability to make backups and multiple copies, instant transaction security, that it's digital and $1 takes up the same space as $99MM...

Trying to get-rich-quick was never on my list. I just sought to understand and pick the most forward-looking option. Which, at the time, was DASH.

DASH has gotten lost in the woods and it's not the obvious choice that it was 5 years ago. But, it's still the best choice even though it's not flagrantly best.

And good thing, too, since corrupt government regulatory fraud makes it impossible to switch to something else by imposing massive financial penalties for the crime of following the best tech advancements.

Government wants to treat crypto as Tulips in their effort to make it die like Tulips. It's a proxy crime to use it any other way because any proper, legitimate, intended use-case is severely punished. You will do nothing but play Ponzi/Tulip games, or suffer in the extreme.

The government not only wants to get in on the get rich quick BS, but it also wants to kill crypto because it is viewed as a threat to the evil games government plays with fiat money. The dirty guv can't touch crypto, but it can threaten the life and freedom of those who dare to use it, and they absolutely do via codified regulatory fraud.

That's a cranky, long-winded way of saying that you're virtually guaranteed to get scammed if you haven't been in crypto since 2009.

Government influence only made the Tulip/scam aspect orders of magnitude worse by criminalizing all the legitimate projects that threatened to knock down their fiat house if cards.

As usual, there's nothing so bad that government can't make it even worse... In this case, they took it to the extreme.

I think that here we are talking about the SCAM project. The name doesn`t matter.

What a sad story. Have you tried to withdraw money through the bank? I also did not come across SCAM projects, but I heard that lucky people cashed their lost money. But this is a very confusing system, I give a few percent of success.

Back