• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Goodbye, Hangouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCena

Recently Google announced that they are intend to refuse from Hangouts app. I know that this service is far from ideal. but this one were integrated with G-mail, and this feature were very useful for me, cuz I'm a professor, and all my students know that I'm using G-mail as my main mailbox, so sometimes they may chat with me about urgent questions. Do you know any services that have similar features? TY for attention.

Why don't you use any other messenger? Telegram is a nice one.
Besides, I think professor may use really ANY common messenger for urgent communication with students.

A good replacement for it is any messenger. There are already so many of them that you can choose the most suitable one for you. The most popular are Telegram and WhatsApp. Also there are more secured ones like e-Chat or Adamant. It's very easy to use and you'll be always in touch with your students, friends and family.

I am sure there are many similar services.
For example ezTalks Meetings or even Telegram messenger.
Telegram is great, but it is an another platform, and not all my students use it. And G-mail is a common-known mail service as I think

A good replacement for it is any messenger. There are already so many of them that you can choose the most suitable one for you. The most popular are Telegram and WhatsApp. Also there are more secured ones like e-Chat or Adamant. It's very easy to use and you'll be always in touch with your students, friends and family.
Well, maybe I really need to rely on Telegram right now and push some of my students to install it.
But Google services are suitable for work...such a Google drive, that is very convenient for online editing of any information.

Well, You have to choose what you need more, good email provider or good messenger.
You looking for secured one, right?
I'm looking for a quick and convenient messenger or service for work. And, maybe, if this service will be really great I consider it for personal purposes. But in these case it must be not only convenient, but secured too.

So then you have to know that there are many good services which are mostly used for business purposes.
May be you will like some of them and will start to use personally.
I already asked several of my students and the advised me to move to Telegram. Seems like all of them use it. Is is really so great in all aspects?

I already asked several of my students and the advised me to move to Telegram. Seems like all of them use it. Is is really so great in all aspects?
Yep, Telegram will be great. Now you may become a cool teacher guy and send angry stickers to them! :D

Well, maybe I really need to rely on Telegram right now and push some of my students to install it.
But Google services are suitable for work...such a Google drive, that is very convenient for online editing of any information.
So what's the problem of sending doc links through any messenger? As I know Google drive continues to work and you can continue using online docs.

I don't use google apps.
chatting with discord or teamspeak works really well.
discord is also for smartphones

Last edited:
The best way to connect with your students is to make a group on WhatsApp. You can easily chat with your students and give reply to all questions in real time environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back