• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Toljaso...

camosoul

https://www.coindesk.com/venezuela-isnt-the-crypto-use-case-you-want-it-to-be
respectable people said:
Venezuelan expat David Díaz of the Blockchain Academy in Buenos Aires told CoinDesk that many Venezuelans are learning about cryptocurrency through forced exposure to the state-issued petro, in addition to aggressive outreach strategies from projects like dash. Many don’t even know that bitcoin is useful itself, beyond its ability to ease the transfer of assets like dash or dollars.
respectable people said:
Dash and EOS may have more merchant adoption inside Venezuela, according to Díaz, but they rely on sponsored liquidity networks and local ambassadors converting new users who often lack a basic understanding of cryptocurrency.

Get outside of your bubble and realize that the world can see the sham you're running...

Venezuela is not where you should be focusing.

Not to mention that you've been called out for being the blind leading the blind... I was nice and didn't go there. You think I'm a meanie-face poopie-head? Reality is far more harsh than I.

But, you still hate me for bringing even small doses of reality into your little cult, hoping to wake you up while there's still a chance for you...

You don't get to live in denial of reality forever.

I told you that selfish virtue-signaling would backfire on you. You've missed the mark with actually helping people because all you really wanted to do was be seen faking altruism. The people who notice most profoundly are the ones that you're pretending to help, but are left in a lurch. They plainly see your selfish pandering doesn't help them at all.

Stop the narcissistic political BS and just be money...

Last edited:
Naturally, BTC maximalists (who are also understandably bitter Expats from Venezuela - as they look back at their failing homeland from the relative comfort of Argentina) will take any opportunity they can to discredit any success that alt coins such as Dash may have achieved.

In the case of Venezuela they pretty much admit that it is Bitcoin that needs to catch up in the wake of Dash's progress (rather than the usual other way round!)

@camosoul, for goodness sake, what are the Dash Ambassadors in Venezuela supposed to do if not evangelise for Dash?

What do you expect them to do differently?

In the past I recall you were very much in favour of trying to achieve Merchant adoption and POS technologies etc..

So I'm struggling to understand the rationale of your critique here, and why you seem to align with these BTC maximalists.

This is a Dash success story... and its ongoing and growing!

Why so critical?

So basically Dash is doing a better job at increasing its exposure in Venezuela, than Bitcoin or other cryptos. And dash can acquire new users and can even spread through people who do not even necessarily have to be cryptocurrency experts. Is this supposed to be bad news?

Last edited:
https://www.coindesk.com/venezuela-isnt-the-crypto-use-case-you-want-it-to-be

Get outside of your bubble and realize that the world can see the sham you're running...

Venezuela is not where you should be focusing.

Not to mention that you've been called out for being the blind leading the blind... I was nice and didn't go there. You think I'm a meanie-face poopie-head? Reality is far more harsh than I.

But, you still hate me for bringing even small doses of reality into your little cult, hoping to wake you up while there's still a chance for you...

You don't get to live in denial of reality forever.

I told you that selfish virtue-signaling would backfire on you. You've missed the mark with actually helping people because all you really wanted to do was be seen faking altruism. The people who notice most profoundly are the ones that you're pretending to help, but are left in a lurch. They plainly see your selfish pandering doesn't help them at all.

Stop the narcissistic political BS and just be money...

get a life man

Lol. Kindda offensive.
Nah, he's typical of the childishness here that doesnt like being called out, so he calls names and makes insults.

My post would be censored for such an obvious personal attack... But, not the Overlords...

Typical snowflake double-standards. Rules for thee but not for me...

@camosoul, for goodness sake, what are the Dash Ambassadors in Venezuela supposed to do if not evangelise for Dash?
That's not the part with which I take issue.

Did you even read it?

Or did it rub you the wrong way, cause you to feel some type of way, and then you stopped worrying about the substance of the matter and went into "being offended" mode, thus, resulting in an off-the-rails obnoxiousness, not to include this run-on sentence?

That's not the part with which I take issue.

Did you even read it?

Or did it rub you the wrong way, cause you to feel some type of way, and then you stopped worrying about the substance of the matter and went into "being offended" mode, thus, resulting in an off-the-rails obnoxiousness, not to include this run-on sentence?

You're projecting (again!) my dear fellow.

You would be wise to grow up. (Or if you're nature is such, and you're happy that way, then don't.)

You take a confrontational approach when I was simply asking for clarification as to your position. (Given that you've previously bemoaned the lack of merchant adoption.)

There's little point in any further discourse with you, or anyone displaying schizophrenic characteristics.

<End>

You're projecting (again!) my dear fellow.

You would be wise to grow up. (Or if you're nature is such, and you're happy that way, then don't.)

You take a confrontational approach when I was simply asking for clarification as to your position. (Given that you've previously bemoaned the lack of merchant adoption.)

There's little point in any further discourse with you, or anyone displaying schizophrenic characteristics.

<End>
Lols, when parties have significantly divergent or opposing views, the most productive, and even inevitable, form of discourse, is confrontational. That's reality. Confront the divergence. confront the difference.

But, you prefer the word salad of pretending that you've somehow taking the high ground by not addressing the topic at all, and calling names and casting aspersions.

Typical crypto/tech snowflake... I'm used to it. Go ahead, call me names while presenting no argument. It's essentially admitting that you know you're wrong.

One cannot "grow up" by regressing to an underdeveloped state, no matter how popular it might be.

When you use the word "confrontational" in a derisive manner during discourse, all you've done is say "I'm triggered, how dare someone disagree with me!" It is the nature if divergent viewpoints to be confrontational. It's not my fault you never learned to cope with reality.

Last edited:
Not sure if you've noticed but your version of 'reality' is at the extreme from the perspective of many ppl who contribute to this forum.

You adopt an aggressive manner as your de facto approach.

As I mentioned above I will no longer engage with you which is a pity because you are an intelligent person with some interesting ideas. Unfortunately you seem to lack the ability to communicate them in a civil manner.

Back