• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Vs Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paypal easy to use for me.
But you no doubt live in N. America or some other similarly developed country. What if you are in a politically oppressive country and the dictator tells PayPal to shut you down?
Boom, your life line is cut off. This actually happened to Julian Assange and Wikileaks. They resorted to Bitcoin. I guess they didn't know about Dash yet.

What if you are in a politically oppressive country and the dictator tells PayPal to shut you down?
Boom, your life line is cut off.
This is happening a lot more in "The Developed World" now that the post-modernist neo-marxist endgame is afoot...

Coinbase is in on it, too. If they find you on social media saying words they don't like, opposing leftist politics, or simply existing in a condition they oppose (picture of you with a gun or wearing a MAGA hat), your account is shut down.

DASH is fully in support of this, sadly...

one article mentioned dash as the “paypal for the marijuana industry”
(featuring alt36)
that’s where this came from
DASH should be avoiding this typcasting of their brand, not courting it.

Do you think Walmart or McDonald's want to associate "pothead paypal" with their brands?

Get woke, go broke... You're bringing this upon yourselves and you're too smug and arrogant to realize it's self-destructive...

There's virtually no business that wants the "pothead paypal" brand associated with their brand.

I've watched a presentation of Dash by Evan on Youtube (sorry not allowed to post link yet).

He said "Paypal is definitely a competitor".

Can someone explain better how Dash intend to compete with Paypal, a company currently with a market cap of $40b ?
What are the big advantages of Dash over Paypal? Privacy might be one, but I just can't see that alone being sufficient to compete in the electronic payment mass market.

This post is not meant to be a provocation. Just trying to understand the underlying philosophy of this project.
Thanks

Not sure how PayPal is a competitor?

If you try to run a business using PayPal, best you keep your account lean and mean. PayPal has a habit of stealing merchant funds through a barrage of bureaucracy. I know plenty of merchants who have had their accounts closed (including us) with literally no explanation as to why other than citing some obscure policy that a customers customer may have broken. For us to get funds out of our account we refunded our vendors and asked them to pay us using an alternative payment means.

DASH does not have this sort of "God Like" control over its member's lives and for this reason alone (in my opinion) it is light years ahead of PayPal.

I think it depends on your preferences, someone uses Paypal and someone uses Dash. I'm grateful that we have a choice between two great

PayPal has 5% processing fee and have all of your data which is not good! The future is the cryptocurrencies!

hello everyone,

Paypal is a payments service provider with many currencies while dash is a currency itself. Thus these two don't compete at all.

thanks and regards

Paypal sometimes asks where does your money come from? or to what activity it is related so... is like a f$%&ing bank. and also ask for too many information... Dash is just the future of payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back