• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-poposal: DASH REMITTANCES - Increasing the supply of Dash in Venezuela

Would you support this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • No (Please let us know why so we can improve)

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I don't know (Leave us any question you want)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Hello Unstoppable, thanks for your question.

Yes, Bitnovo cards are still available in Spain, you can buy a Dash in different ways, some of them are:1- Bitnovo cards which work like a debit card and you can recharge them whenever you can with Dash. 2- Prepaid cards with Dash which you can redeem to your wallet (these cards are available in more than 15.000 places according to their site, our representant ther, Gorka, has confirmed that there Bitnovo cashiers "everywhere"). 3- Buy Dash directly in the Bitnovo website with bank transfer, debid card and BTC.

However we are still studying our options and we will use Kraken as our first option. Let me know if you need some more info. Thanks so much.

Best,
Alejandro

I can confirm that about Bitnovo too. I worked on bringing them to Dash and have tested all their products. Re #2, they have two different options: vouchers that you can buy at 15k locations and are printed on the spot, and gift cards in some top retailers (usually next to Amazon, Netflix, iTunes and the likes).

By the way, @AlejandroE, I don't live in Spain anymore, but I visit Madrid frequently. I'd be happy to help in any of those events or in any other capacity.

Do you plan to issue equity of this business to the upcoming Dash Ventures trust? How about issuing equity for the other business you set up in the past? If yes to what extend?

Keep up the good work, you’re really making it happen #dashening
Hello Quansen thanks for your questions.

- We haven't thought on giving an equity of the business to Dash Ventures from the future projects or the previous ones. However we are not close to that. I'm looking forward to talk with one representative of Dash Ventures in the future and see if we can set a good agreement for both parties.

Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Alejandro

I can confirm that about Bitnovo too. I worked on bringing them to Dash and have tested all their products. Re #2, they have two different options: vouchers that you can buy at 15k locations and are printed on the spot, and gift cards in some top retailers (usually next to Amazon, Netflix, iTunes and the likes).

By the way, @AlejandroE, I don't live in Spain anymore, but I visit Madrid frequently. I'd be happy to help in any of those events or in any other capacity.
Thank you very much Fernando, we will definetely let you know if we need some help in Spain (i'm sure we will), I know you can help us a lot since you lived in Spain, worked there and you already have contacts with Bitnovo.

Best,
Alejandro

Hi Alejandro!

Have you had a chance to validate this model yet?

Here is my thought process: The combined Dash teams in Venezuela have access to a large number of users already familiar with Dash. Some of them should be receiving remittances from Spain. It should be fairly cheap and fast to contact them, ask them if they are interested in Dash remittances, and then have them connect you to the remitters. If they believe that the inconvenience of connecting you to their remitters is greater than the value of receiving remittances in Dash, then this project is unlikely to be successful.

If there is some degree of success, then you can use that information to create a model for how successful this will be as a best case scenario (you will never have an easier time than people who are already familiar with Dash and already receiving remittances from your target market). You can also identify early problems before funding.

Thanks!

Hi Alejandro!

Have you had a chance to validate this model yet?

Here is my thought process: The combined Dash teams in Venezuela have access to a large number of users already familiar with Dash. Some of them should be receiving remittances from Spain. It should be fairly cheap and fast to contact them, ask them if they are interested in Dash remittances, and then have them connect you to the remitters. If they believe that the inconvenience of connecting you to their remitters is greater than the value of receiving remittances in Dash, then this project is unlikely to be successful.

If there is some degree of success, then you can use that information to create a model for how successful this will be as a best case scenario (you will never have an easier time than people who are already familiar with Dash and already receiving remittances from your target market). You can also identify early problems before funding.

Thanks!

@AlejandroE
A survey such as this would be useful and interesting. If you do it, please post the results here. However, rather than asking your clients for the info on the remitters, which could make them nervous and undermine trust, perhaps ask the venezuelans if they have spoken with their remitters about dash, and if not, do they plan to.

Edit: perhaps you could repeat the survey every six months or so, and provide incentives for participating in the surveys, with emphasis on providing honest answers in order to gather good info with which to adjust your strategy.

Edit2:
I would guess you have the worlds largest dataset of enthusiastic real-world crypto adopters, it would be extremely exciting to see the results and all of Dash could benefit from the results. I wonder if our data-driven marketer @fernando would be interested in lending a hand?

Last edited:
I had not seen this pre-proposal.

I find the proposal for Madrid-Spain interesting (I do not live near) in this city lives a large community of Latinos and Venezuelans to do this event.

Alejandro, if you take the proposal forward and want more help, collaboration and experience, in the area you have our support, according to our possibilities, you know that our door is always open to listen.
I will follow closely the evolution of the pre-proposal, Thank you for proposing it.

I had not seen this pre-proposal.

I find the proposal for Madrid-Spain interesting (I do not live near) in this city lives a large community of Latinos and Venezuelans to do this event.

Alejandro, if you take the proposal forward and want more help, collaboration and experience, in the area you have our support, according to our possibilities, you know that our door is always open to listen.
I will follow closely the evolution of the pre-proposal, Thank you for proposing it.

Hello blockchaintech, thank you very much for your support. We are finishing some details of the proposal so we can make a direct integration with Dash Text as well. We will be live soon. Thanks a lot!

@AlejandroE
A survey such as this would be useful and interesting. If you do it, please post the results here. However, rather than asking your clients for the info on the remitters, which could make them nervous and undermine trust, perhaps ask the venezuelans if they have spoken with their remitters about dash, and if not, do they plan to.

Edit: perhaps you could repeat the survey every six months or so, and provide incentives for participating in the surveys, with emphasis on providing honest answers in order to gather good info with which to adjust your strategy.

Edit2:
I would guess you have the worlds largest dataset of enthusiastic real-world crypto adopters, it would be extremely exciting to see the results and all of Dash could benefit from the results. I wonder if our data-driven marketer @fernando would be interested in lending a hand?

Hello, we are preparing the survey and we will post the results once we do it.

Edit 1:
A frequent survey with incentives sounds a great idea!

Edit 2:
We are totally open to work with Core and share our data so we can improve the marketing strategies together.

Thanks a lot!

UPDATE
New partnership: Dash Text and Bitnovo
Dear Dash Community, after 2 months of research and hard work we are finally ready to make this project a reality.

We are very excited to announce our new partnership with our friends of Bitnovo, one of the biggest exchanges in Spain and Europe. We have been in talks with the COO Luis Vaello, and they will be helping us to bring Dash into people hands.

Bitnovo sells gift cards redeemable for cryptos instantly in more than 30,000 stores within Spain and Italy (Carrefour, Fnac, Worten, Eroski, Game, and thousands of little kiosks).

The client just needs to buy the card, redeem the security code in the Bitnovo app and the funds will be instantly transferred to the wallet previously configured. And the most amazing thing is that it will be integrated with Dash Text, so the person just has to type their phone number and that's it. With this partnership Venezuelan living overseas will be able to send remittances very easy. #DashText #Bitnovo #DashRemittances

Ck4MOONl.jpg

Last edited:
Back