• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Have observed the #1 biggest problem with budget proposals could be

healey

that a person cannot lower the request amount if they get too many no votes.
And the 2nd biggest issue could be that the 5dash fee isn't returnable to the submitter if their proposal doesn't get enough yes votes.

a) what about adding a feature where the submitter can lower the request amount? ie. it can be very demoralizing, depressing, if a person puts a lot of work into a proposal and then it gets rejected. and then they are further out 5dash! and would have to pay another 5dash to resubmit a tweaked proposal!

b) what about making the 5dash fee returnable to submitter (if didn't get enough yes votes) after say 60 days? This would also maintain the incentive of reducing people just trying to spam proposals to the network to try to get money (since it would take say 60 days for them to get their 5dash back)

Last edited:
I think it's a nice idea to give submitters the ability to lower their ask, within certain limits (as in, it would have to be at least X days before the voting cycle ends, and they can only do it X number of times)

I also like automatically refunding the fee (so that we don't keep wasting all these sets of 5 dash reimbursements out of the treasury supply), but I would only favor that if the fee only gets refunded when the net Yes-No votes is greater than zero.

Both of these items would require protocol changes and I would prioritize other core development over this, but I do like the ideas. :)

Back