• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Thank you for answering my question. I get a spike too when I send a payment. I guess we have to live with it.

Isn't the spike more perceptible with DRK as sending payments after anonymization would require grouping considerably more inputs that with a classical BTC transaction? Especially in oblox's example where he sent his whole balance at once to a new wallet?

Isn't the spike more perceptible with DRK as sending payments after anonymization would require grouping considerably more inputs that with a classical BTC transaction? Especially in oblox's example where he sent his whole balance at once to a new wallet?

That's a good point with all the inputs from denominating the funds causing the lag from grouping for a send. If immediate optimization isn't on the table, perhaps a loading splash with a repeating progress bar (tipping hour glass, circle, looping dots) telling the end user not to be concerned that the client appears locked up. I wonder where the cutoff is in terms of input addresses that causes the slow down. If we could hone in on that number, I'm sure an if check could be implemented to show the loading splash for transfers that exceed the number of inputs causing slow down.

Hm... Now i'm not sure which. I'll pay more attention next time when it happens and will report.

Upgraded to 101304 with new wallet. Am trying darksend 1000, 4 rounds. I have 3 different wallets running these settings (2x Linux64, 1x win64). All 3 are repeatedly sending "Payment to yourself" transactions costing .002 tDRK. All 3 wallets have exactly 16 of these transactions and no darksend transactions. All the transactions keep sending around various amounts of 0.0125 and 0.125 tDRK. Anybody else seeing this?

View attachment 429
I'm having the same problem with my wallet. I got a fresh wallet, got 1000 tdrk from the faucet. Set Options: 10 tdrk to keep anonymized, 8 rounds. The wallet started to get "Payment to yourself" fees. After a while I changed the amount and rounds but it still kept getting hit with PTY fees. My wallet currently has settings 15 tdrk to be anonymized, 4 rounds, but has 0 coins anonymized and a bunch of PTY fees. Evan said this problem was fixed in JIRA 61. Maybe flare can explain for us what's going on.

Flare, should I re-submit this to JIRA? thanks.

I'm having the same problem with my wallet. I got a fresh wallet, got 1000 tdrk from the faucet. Set Options: 10 tdrk to keep anonymized, 8 rounds. The wallet started to get "Payment to yourself" fees. After a while I changed the amount and rounds but it still kept getting hit with PTY fees. My wallet currently has settings 15 tdrk to be anonymized, 4 rounds, but has 0 coins anonymized and a bunch of PTY fees. Evan said this problem was fixed in JIRA 61. Maybe flare can explain for us what's going on.

Flare, should I re-submit this to JIRA? thanks.

I had this happen to my wallet this morning with v4 and I seem to have introduced it with the new splitting system. I seem to have fixed it, I'll release a V5 later today.

Darksend Overview Proposal

7pO99LtNlgXZao08vr59u0x-jGg5XJ4F6fR5_uCctW8cFNtQ7IxBltGBLggcIQ7viaM-lIlLzO7_yTs2QBkO-9SmQpnBPhi_VMRK2MeHaosaTtIVRLYu5h_Hp40CS3aNIg

To make the wallet less intrusive (starting when you boot up the wallet and asking for info) I've added a big "start anon" button, along with removing a lot of the more advanced functionality (you could still set rounds via commandline, but "Amount to anon" would be gone).

What's everyone think of this?

7pO99LtNlgXZao08vr59u0x-jGg5XJ4F6fR5_uCctW8cFNtQ7IxBltGBLggcIQ7viaM-lIlLzO7_yTs2QBkO-9SmQpnBPhi_VMRK2MeHaosaTtIVRLYu5h_Hp40CS3aNIg

To make the wallet less intrusive (starting when you boot up the wallet and asking for info) I've added a big "start anon" button, along with removing a lot of the more advanced functionality (you could still set rounds via commandline, but "Amount to anon" would be gone).

Brilliant! I love it =)

So a more basic 2, 4, or 8 rounds for anon unless specified via command line? I think that would simplify things for users. What happens if someone stops anonimization mid round? How about those that leave it on? Will it know to just anon new coins keeping what coins are already mixed or will it remix those with the new coins?

Is there also a way for those with encrypted wallets when using the mixing feature to prevent other sends other than those sends that are happening do to mixing rounds? That way, you would still need to know the passphrase for sends to prevent someone hopping on your computer with the wallet mixing and sending what coins you have to one of their addresses.

The progress bar has a huge psychological effect.
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=317459

The progress bar has a huge psychological effect.
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=317459

I like the progress bar too, unless there is a technical reason to remove it I would like it to stay.

Edit:Thinking about it if there is no "Amount to be anonymized" then the percentage could be, percentage of total balance anonymized or something. Or some sort of progress indication with regards to the rounds of mixing, just something that you can see change and that indicates there is progress and everything is going well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kai
I love the idea, !!!! eduffield

btw, faucet is down for 1hour+
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Controller "test" Doesn't have "faucetAction" method' in /var/www/btcipn.com/system/app/app.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/btcipn.com/index.php(12): system_app->run() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/btcipn.com/system/app/app.php on line 69

I love the idea, !!!! eduffield

btw, faucet is down for 1hour+
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Controller "test" Doesn't have "faucetAction" method' in /var/www/btcipn.com/system/app/app.php:69 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/btcipn.com/index.php(12): system_app->run() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/btcipn.com/system/app/app.php on line 69
If you need some tDRK post and address and I can help.

I think the new wallet layout is great, but think the status bar should stay.

The reason is that Darksend prioritizes getting all your coins to the same round before starting on the next round. Therefore you are going to get a fair number of fees before you see any money show up as anonymized. Given that, most normal users will likely panic and hit stop because they are being charged and "nothing is happening".

If there is a status bar then they would at least know something was being done.

Edit: Also the user should be warned the first time they select "low/med/high" that higher "security" (maybe privacy is better) levels cost more and take longer to achieve. That is obvious to all of us, but not to many of the laymen users.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the progress bar too, unless there is a technical reason to remove it I would like it to stay.

Edit:Thinking about it if there is no "Amount to be anonymized" then the percentage could be, percentage of total balance anonymized or something.
I would suggest to add in the progress bar indications like :
"Starting the anonymization of your funds", "Anonymization in progress x%" and "Anonymization completed !"

I think it is good to know what is progress status.
If there is no any info for this, users are confused.

And maybe security (low/medium/high) option should be disabled IF anon progress is running.

there is some issues with the testnet faucet? :

Your connection is not private

It is possible that hackers are trying to steal your information drkipn.com site (for example, passwords, messages or information about your payment card).

Back to safety Hide details
You have attempted to access drkipn.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as api.btcipn.com. This may be due to a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to make you go to a spoofed version of drkipn.com, thus potentially malicious.

Continue to drkipn.com website (hazardous)

I am also in favor of changing the naming of payment to self, darksend denominate, etc, to better reflect what is going on for the layperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back