• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Dash Foundation needs attention

There is really no information on the website that would make someone want to become a memeber. What is the main goal of this foundation? What are the areas it addresses? Who are the board of directors actually? I would like to be part for this.

Historically, the Dash Foundation was an attempt at raising funds for further development of Dash.

(I believe) this significantly pre-dated the development of the Masternode system of governance and self-funding. Once that took off very very successfully, there was no need for the Dash Foundation for it's original purpose. At the moment, it is just an obsolete historical artifact. No need to join or support it at this time.

Historically, the Dash Foundation was an attempt at raising funds for further development of Dash.

(I believe) this significantly pre-dated the development of the Masternode system of governance and self-funding. Once that took off very very successfully, there was no need for the Dash Foundation for it's original purpose. At the moment, it is just an obsolete historical artifact. No need to join or support it at this time.
You are correct. We'll do an announcement about what to do with the foundation in the next few days.

You are correct. We'll do an announcement about what to do with the foundation in the next few days.

I am curious to hear about this subject, as well, and maybe I disagree with solarguy's idea that the Dash Foundation is no longer needed, because it seems that there are some important roles to be fulfilled, while being the "institutional face of the Dash Project", when dealing with other entities, regulators, lobbying and whatnot. Please, excuse me if I am wrong. But who will hold the rights over the Dash trademark, for instance, if that's the case?

The Dash Foundation is no longer needed for its original purpose.

It may indeed go on to have other purposes.

Back