• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Would you like to see Dash Watch evaluate proposals?

Should Dash Watch consider adding due-diligence to their remit?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AshFrancis

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Dash Watch in any professional capacity, I just think this discussion would be a useful one for the community to have.

Recently I have seen a demand for proposal due-diligence both from discussions with various masternode owners, proposal owners and a proposal that is live at the moment.

This poll has no impact other than to raise a discussion around this and perhaps if there is enough support to encourage Paragon and the team to put in a greater ask so they can recruit additional man-power to add this function.

Due-diligence would ease the burden currently faced by the DAO when analysing a proposal and it's benefits to the network. By establishing facts early on and helping the proposal owner to iron out their KPIs/KPHs it would also improve the standard or proposals brought before the network.

Dash Watch have delivered at a high quality throughout and kept impartial, they also have serious insight into how proposals fall short of the mark and are already working with the Nexus team to bring the quality of proposals up. For example, see this Dash Watch created graphic which I'm sure will resonate with many of you in terms of the issues that proposals have time and time again:

https://i.imgur.com/ZhIS4PJ.jpg

@AshFrancis -- I've actually discussed this with other MNOs and members of DW, and so far the consensus has been that DW does a very important job, and it's important for the job that they do to continue to be impartial and non-editorial in nature. That being said, there are people among both those groups who also feel that those among us with advanced knowledge--be it of particular fields or particular proposals--who have something important or relevant to contribute to the assessment of proposals should be given a more prominent opportunity to do so. As such, a few of us have undertaken some initial steps to create another organization of sorts to facilitate this sort of project but only time will tell if that will ultimately pan out or come to fruition. Definitely think the DAO needs something like this, but I also think we need DW as well, and that the two--even if they work together--need to be clearly delineated and separate.

@AshFrancis -- I've actually discussed this with other MNOs and members of DW, and so far the consensus has been that DW does a very important job, and it's important for the job that they do to continue to be impartial and non-editorial in nature. That being said, there are people among both those groups who also feel that those among us with advanced knowledge--be it of particular fields or particular proposals--who have something important or relevant to contribute to the assessment of proposals should be given a more prominent opportunity to do so. As such, a few of us have undertaken some initial steps to create another organization of sorts to facilitate this sort of project but only time will tell if that will ultimately pan out or come to fruition. Definitely think the DAO needs something like this, but I also think we need DW as well, and that the two--even if they work together--need to be clearly delineated and separate.

Great stuff @Arthyron, you're one of the heavy lifters putting effort into proposals and I can completely respect your POV. I'd agree about the separate nature but it can also be a cohesive / synergistic effort as Dash Watch have identified countless issues downstream that could have been addressed at proposal stage - definitely some knowledge sharing wouldn't go amiss.

I look forward to seeing what comes from this organisation and I'm happy to contribute anywhere my skills would allow (either as a PO or in terms of digital marketing / fiat gateways) - as would my team.

Great stuff @Arthyron, you're one of the heavy lifters putting effort into proposals and I can completely respect your POV. I'd agree about the separate nature but it can also be a cohesive / synergistic effort as Dash Watch have identified countless issues downstream that could have been addressed at proposal stage - definitely some knowledge sharing wouldn't go amiss.

I look forward to seeing what comes from this organisation and I'm happy to contribute anywhere my skills would allow (either as a PO or in terms of digital marketing / fiat gateways) - as would my team.

Certainly, I don't mean to suggest the two can never interact. Undoubtedly whatever group that ends up assessing proposals should draw from the data acquired and collated by DW just like anyone else who wants to assess proposals. As it stands, any community member can *request* data from DW or for DW to seek clarification or further information on their behalf, though of course MNO requests are prioritized on that point.

Back