• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal –Tabasco, México / Indie Music Festival DASH

Jorge Olivé

Hello DASH community, I want to increase awareness and use of DASH in my hometown of Tabasco, Mexico. We want to create a Hip Hop Festival and open the opportunity for the participants to also benefit from the many benefits and uses of DASH in a controlled environment.

Music festivals are a great way to gather young people that are open to adopt and use technology that can improve their lives. So having an event like this using DASH is a great proposal for them.

We also see a great benefit for the musicians that want to offer their music and want to be heard. Having them sell their music online for crypto is an eye opener and also can provide great value in the future giving them a stronger opportunity to earn a livelihood in emerging economies like Mexico.

1.- Who am I?

My name is Jorge Olivé soy from Tacotalpa, Tabasco, I’m an accountant by training, rapper by skill with more of 12 years in the business, “Supreme Líder” is the label that tries to push the culture in Tabasco. I am a crypto enthusiast and I am constantly looking to learn more about the new ways for economic freedom and I loved what I have seen in DASH about the project.

2.- What have I done for DASH?

- Invite friends to use DASH
- Help them install wallets and use them
- Help business add dash to them
- Encourage people to buy my music in DASH

3.- Tasks

The proposal is looking to create massive impact and educate the community to learn more about Dash. Get people to learn about how to use DASH as vehicle to promote their shows and music , as well as consumers, audience, suppliers, and everyone involved in the music business and indy. Our primary tasks are the following:

a.- Hip Hop Music Festival: as the main stage we will invite a couple of hip hop artists nationally recognized, and share their experience and do promo for DASH, graffiti artists and local artists can show their art and enjoy of a better quality of event.

b.- The event is looking to be inclusive: We will invite small and medium companies so they can sell their products during the event using DASH.

c.- We want to make a couple of workshops for DASH: First one the small and medium companies that will be offering their products with cryptocurrency, we will detail the story of DASH and the features it has as digital cash. The benefits of offering at their local kiosk to commercialize their product; the second workshop will be for the general public and the assistant to the event which we will promote our mixtape, videoclip and special track for the event while giving talks with local artists.

d.- To promote the event: we aim to have a marketing strategy and include the work and distribution of a mixtape of local artists, a mixtape dedicated to local artists and the event and a video which will include special shows on radio and TV and social media, the mixtape will be available to be purchased using DASH.

c.- Share on social media, introductory videos about:
  • Buying tickets with DASH
  • Physical kisok to exchange fiat with DASH
  • All about DASH
  • Promotional video with the invited artists
5.- Benefits

As we mentioned before our objective is to increase awareness as well as use of DASH in México where vendors and consumers could experience the benefits, while helping the development of the indie music industry, we are a crew that wants to make a living from the art we been doing for 10 years and want to move forward the culture as well as the technology around it. we will try to get up to 500 and get 80% a wallet and perform transactions during the event.

6.- Budget

Total budget: 9,250 USD / 36.8 DASH
Breakdown coming soon.

6. - Timeline

August 31st - Oficial track and video on multiple digital platforms
September 14 - Event lineup and Flyer announcement
Sept 14 to Nov 4- Marketing campaign and social network promotion
October 5, 6 and 7- Small and medium business visit
October 13 - 1er Small and medium business workshop
October 20 - 2do Open workshop for public of the event
November 3 - Musical festival Diantre Fest
November 5 - After-movie launched and festival summary

7.- Crew
Jorge Olivé (Coordinador)
Agustin León (RP)
Victor Gomez (MKT)

Thank you in advance for your comments and observations, I share some videos of previous event

(Video Promotional Diantre Fest 2016)

(Video Aftermovie Diantre Fest 2016)

BJlo1VqMEm.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JZA
Hello Jorge this is a great opportunity for DASH to take the main stage, I see a huge opportunity adoption wise and some onboarding for businesses during the event. It would be great to see if there's any other sponsors and promoters lined up in order to make this event happen.

I went and watched the artists video-the music quality is very good and Mexico is definitely a place we should be targeting. I looked up the region and if I remember right there is like a population of 2 million people or somewhere around that. IF this Festival could have a good attendance and a heavy Dash presence it could be a very good thing.

The Festival is in three months and I think that gives them a good amount of time to build up. $9,000 dollars is a reasonable amount. I guess it comes down to trust since these guys are new to the community in which case it could be escrowed. I don't see why this couldn't be a great thing for Dash.

How long have you been into Dash Jorge and what's your thoughts on where it is headed? Has this festival been done before? How many do you think will show?

Hello Jorge this is a great opportunity for DASH to take the main stage, I see a huge opportunity adoption wise and some onboarding for businesses during the event. It would be great to see if there's any other sponsors and promoters lined up in order to make this event happen.

Que tal, mucho gusto, thanks for the feedback, I needed it, I have been more than 10 years as an activist in the independent music of my state little by little we have managed to create links and connections throughout the country, in my experience it is possible to look for sponsorships external but usually ask to be the only brand that is positioned over the others, in this occasion one of the main objectives is that within the same ecosystem of indie music is known more about it and adopt the use of Dash to benefit both musicians, audiences and everyone who is directly and indirectly involved in the music business. The event is a fact that I will do it, because I am also interested in maintaining what I am passionate about, of course without a funding like the one requested, the impact will be less, I present it here because I am certain that the benefit will be potentiated both for the independent hiphop scene as for the Dash community, muchas gracias de nuevo.

I went and watched the artists video-the music quality is very good and Mexico is definitely a place we should be targeting. I looked up the region and if I remember right there is like a population of 2 million people or somewhere around that. IF this Festival could have a good attendance and a heavy Dash presence it could be a very good thing.

The Festival is in three months and I think that gives them a good amount of time to build up. $9,000 dollars is a reasonable amount. I guess it comes down to trust since these guys are new to the community in which case it could be escrowed. I don't see why this couldn't be a great thing for Dash.

How long have you been into Dash Jorge and what's your thoughts on where it is headed? Has this festival been done before? How many do you think will show?

Hello Blake, thank you for the feedback, in fact in the state of Tabasco Mexico there are approximately 2.3 M of inhabitants, it is a very big opportunity since it would be the first event with these characteristics, from the beginning it is something new. The artists of the videos in the last edition are young people who do not have the resources to follow their dreams, my crew and I finance the videos and their production to achieve a greater reach and start a career, it is not the first event we do, Throughout my 10 years as an activist and rap artist I have participated in the organization of various events in Tabasco and some tours through other states of Mexico, music is my main passion and although I have little time to know Dash, I saw in this cryptomoneda an opportunity that can benefit both ecosystems, I believe that with the proper work and support of Dash can achieve a sustainable development in the economy of indie music, my vision is that both artists, as a general public and people who are directly and indirectly part of this, they adopt Dash not only as an alternative, but as the main means to carry out their transactions.

I greatly appreciate the observations, I know I am new but I think they were all new at some time and I am in the best disposition and open to advice that can help this cause. Muchas gracias.

How did you get into digital currency and specifically Dash?

I learned about Bitcoin in 2016 thanks to a friend that was involved with them. I was skeptical but I did some research and thanks to the information I found online I was able to get some through an exchange that allowed me to buy Bitcoin and Ethereum. There were not many but I notice that in 2017 they began to grow and helped me with some health related issue that I could treat thanks to the savings in crypto. If I havent done so, the treatment could be out of my income bracket and I would have been in serious problems. It was then when I realize the opportunity that crypto present to people in Mexico where the exchange rate keeps droping and things are increasingly more expensive. Thanks to my friend I also learned about DASH and it's DAO and he advice me to get in the community on the Discord channels and this forum. I have been reading other proposals and inspired me to share the opportunity of creating a crypto economy, not just for myself, but for my hometown.

I'm liking the idea-thanks for taking time to respond!

Have you thought about doing a Dash Force Meetup yet to kind of sink in with the group....a lot of people start off this way.

I love your idea.

I'm liking the idea-thanks for taking time to respond!

Have you thought about doing a Dash Force Meetup yet to kind of sink in with the group....a lot of people start off this way.

I love your idea.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to the dash force meetup

Excellent proposal, I think is a great opportunity for show Dash to Tabasco and the people get involved into the cryptocurrencies and over all start to use Dash.

I from Tabasco too, I'll like to know more too about the dash force meetup

I find that people with videos and photos of themselves holding down a Dash Meetup goes a long way.

Like I said, great idea! Great location!

Keep posting and interacting!

@Jorge Olivé -- Thank you for your pre-proposal. While these sorts of festivals don't offer a particularly high return on investment themselves, they often serve as networking platforms by which more and larger interests find their way to Dash as we've seen with several other festival-related proposals in the past. Over all, what you're asking isn't terribly expensive and comparable with what we would often charge for a Dash-focused conference, but I'm of the opinion that events geared toward entertainment can be just as educational as more formal presentations if handled correctly, and it seems like your goal is to go beyond merely funding a party, but also toward helping onboard merchants and facilitate transactions between merchants and attendees and bring Dash to the local music scene.

So to that end, what are your plans to onboard the merchants? Have you given any thought to what Point of Sale systems you'll be using? How will the users attending your festival obtain the Dash they'll need to make purchases (i.e. will there be an exchange on site to convert Fiat to Dash)? Etc. We have an idea about what you're trying to do, so could you elaborate on the logistics of how you intend to make that a reality?

Back