• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iOS Dash Wallet Update 1.0.2 - New Branding & More Languages

Liz R

Dash Community,

We are excited to share the release of the 1.0.2 Dash Wallet on iOS, representing a big upgrade to the user experience - including:
  • Redesigned experience using the new Dash branding​
  • Addition of 2 supported languages plus improvements to the existing 11​
The release will follow a phased rollout, so don’t worry if you haven’t seen it come through yet - it’s on its way. The rebranded designs for Android are currently in development and should be a fast follow to this release (exact release date TBD).

New Dash Branding
We implemented the new branding, so you’ll notice the brighter color scheme, new logo, and updated fonts throughout. Below are some guidelines we aim to follow with all of our rebranded products, with the main goal being broader appeal that ultimately leads to growth of our user base.​
  • Simple. Minimize clutter and distraction, and use stronger design elements to highlight only key functions.​
TbXcPP5xQhL2_3xv9WUhvYTUpVHhR_Cy_XvOtopUm-XnAdMTT0BEpy6gNUzDxVi9YRt31JgexTye4l846dcxF5Cc7ERyzS_xuxTrnNj06dtlFQEEHu04Ti9gp0TLl0GUGN-i1bzg
  • Human. Soften technical elements to make the experience feel more accessible to less savvy users.
ExDl495oGuNhOldg5OPaXZYRZxV7EkDAYRBMInJuXXBzyFzpKdCALTqSwhK6R5iJBd654LlUphE4x1spElZkDhI6cum63zYfyQDwWyr4ycoZZw40p0UllQYbKd_AYYj81xGbtVeV
  • Experimental. Try out some bolder elements in moderation to gauge user appetite and learn from it.
YBRZpZtpzdakgSrRzirc1Ik4Yri1YUetd5WpMTkaKhRCqKC6BtDe5h6SB2PtO-3lF80Y1OSSYKFCVXOmvH6neIo9sKiXH3pMIhiqbPEjYdzH28Ncvl72FbY1-wIiObXN3MNPol2N

Improved Localizations
Changes were made to improve translations for various languages, as well as add some new ones as we expand our geographic reach. Languages supported now include:

French
Spanish
Korean
Japanese
German
Dutch
Chinese (Simplified)
Chinese (Traditional) - NEW
Polish
Russian
Thai - NEW
Turkish
Bulgarian

One Team
Love product design? Help us improve and share your ideas and feedback.

I actually think that the new update of Dash Official Wallet looks very unprofessional and childish.

As a serious payment method those colors don't provide confidence, reliability and professionalism. Sober color combinations would always be the best choice for payment platforms and money storing applications, at least that is my very personal opinion.
Thanks for the feedback. Just to make sure we capture your perspective correctly - is it the colors themselves that were chosen for the rebranding effort that you're not a fan of, or is it the way they were applied in the app? If the latter - any examples you can share of how it can be improved? Also - any favorite apps that you think do a great job of feeling inviting for less crypto-savvy users while still inspiring that trust and confidence we need?

Thanks for your input.

I think the copay wallet design is better (is this just a slight reskin of the original copay UX?):

zvL25tN.png

eCz4VgR.png

I'm surprised the designs aren't more uniform across the board - is this something the EVO wallet(s) will implement?

I would have thought that one goal of the new logo would have been to achieve a consistent, cohesive brand going forwards - one where there is a uniform styling to all things Dash (Dash.org, iOS, Android, Copay, Dash Ventures, Presentations, Marketing Materials, etc)

In terms of inspiration, I'd look at modern banking apps (Monzo / Paypal / Natwest / etc). Each are relatively simple but also authoritative and instil trust.

Last edited:
I think the copay wallet design is better (is this just a slight reskin of the original copay UX?):

I'm surprised the designs aren't more uniform across the board - is this something the EVO wallet(s) will implement?

I would have thought that one goal of the new logo would have been to achieve a consistent, cohesive brand going forwards - one where there is a uniform styling to all things Dash (Dash.org, iOS, Android, Copay, Dash Ventures, Presentations, Marketing Materials, etc)

In terms of inspiration, I'd look at modern banking apps (Monzo / Paypal / Natwest / etc). Each are relatively simple but also authoritative and instil trust.

Good observation - and thanks for these recommendations. Yep, we definitely want to iteratively move towards consistency in design between all the DCG apps. These most recent updates were mostly intended to be a re-skin to incorporate the new branding, but in future we want to more closely align the actual UI components.

The DashPay wallet for Evo will likely feel a little different because of the new components we're introducing (namely username-based payments), and because we are trying to target a different market segment. We tried to take some steps with these most recent updates towards a more human feel, but the Evo wallet will be even more so - and will abstract away more complex elements to try to appeal to a broader, less crypto savvy user base.

Back